• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

the guitar thread

I don't know years, but:

Custom made and built G&L ASAT bass.....I actually had everything hand picked and made at Leo's shop.

American Fender Jazz bass....I actually prefer this over the G&L

Breedlove acoustic bass

Fender acoustic guitar

First bass was an Ibanez GSR, I ended up giving it to someone that wanted to learn to play bass. If you're asking about rigs, I could go on quite a bit as I set it up professionally......but it's all built around an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro. I don't play anymore or really care to. I'll pick one up every now and then, but just play some bass lines and set it down. I'm actually looking to get rid of everything and have listed it all, but I get more inquiries about how awesome my set up or items are from real players opposed to anyone wanting to really purchase anything....I knew it going in, but I think I simply am priced out as my stuff is too expensive for the Craigslist genre and don't need to sell...outside of wanting to free up space.

Who knows, I think every now and then about joining or getting together some cover or jam band that plays dive bars and makes a couple hundred on a Friday night and drinks for free. Play some Skynard and deal with the drunk bar slut that wants to bone you because you have an instrument in your hand. I don't know if I want to commit to practicing though.

i played in an alt-country band for a long time, finally had enough in 2003. I took some time off and sold everything except a 1965 Gibson J45 that Johnny Cash had signed for me. I started dabbling again a few years ago when I was asked to open shows for Ryan Bingham, Jack Ingram, and about a year later, Willie Nelson. I started a cover band on the advise of the booker of the nicest venue in town, and we play there about 3 times a month. i have two Fender Telecaster Acoustasonics w/ aura systems built in so they sound like acoustic guitars, but play like electrics, for that gig. and i also have a 2007-ish Martin 00-15 that i use as a couch guitar. oh and a recording king ro-310 as a beater / campfire guitar. i hate practice too.....

and i wish i had a Martin 000-18. 

1982 Fender Strat Sunburst Custom made in USA.  3/4 size.

My Mom worked at the Fender HQ in Pomona.  She got the guitar as a gift from her boss when I was born.  Gave it to me when I was 15.

I don't really even know how to play it lol.  Just know it is a pretty valuable guitar because it is a 1982 custom made in USA.

always wanted to play guitar but just didn't have the time or motivation to learn.

in high school, a friend taught me how to play the opening to smoke on the water by deep purple. that's all i can do.

My husband owns about 10 guitars. At least, that's how many are in my house currently.  I honestly couldn't tell you which one is which, but I do know how to string them and tune them!!  LOL  Of course, he can take them apart and fix them, and all the electronic parts and all the frets, etc.. 

And I have amps.. and pedals...  and pickups...  and more crap than I know what to do with.. 

He kept threatening me that he wants this guitar, or that guitar, and now that he's stopped working on the road, I don't hear it as often!! 

But I have to admit, it IS fun going to NAMM every year!! 

Bought a cheapie Fender Squier Stratocaster when I was about 19 or 20 to try and jam with friends that played drums and guitar. I don't have the ear to play it. Learned to play some of the rhythm parts of a bunch of Black Sabbath songs going by tab books, but can't play much more than that. About 10 years ago I won a contest on KLOS and got to meet Ozzy and Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath while they did the Rockline radio show up in L.A. So I went out and bought a used Gibson SG and brought it along. Tony signed it, but Ozzy didn't. Here's that guitar: pMTkF.jpg

After getting the SG, I then had 2 guitars I really can't play, so I gave the Strat to a musician friend of mine in Santa Cruz so he could mess around with it. He gave it to the guitarist in his band (Wooster) and he got it restored and uses it. Got to seem them play live in Costa Mesa a few years ago and saw my old guitar all fixed up. He said it played great and he even kept the hard case they way he got it with all the stickers that I put on.

Been playing for 26 years. Own a bunch of guitars. My favorite is my Gibson SG that I bought brand new back in '99. It's not the best one I own, but it is my favorite because it's the first guitar I was able to walk into Guitar Center and pay for with cash. I still remember how great it was to walk in there and pick out any guitar I wanted for the first time. 

I have a Martin D-18 I got when my daughter was born and a custom Martin OO-15 I got for Father's Day a few years back.

I also have a Paul Beard Goldtone Resonator and a Comcert size Uke.

I play mostly folk and Indy stuff. Everything form old standbys to sea chanteys to the Decemberists and Avett Brothers.

I have a stash out away for a new guitar, but it might go to jeep parts. I can't find anything that the Martins can't do.

I have a Martin D-18 I got when my daughter was born and a custom Martin OO-15 I got for Father's Day a few years back.

I also have a Paul Beard Goldtone Resonator and a Comcert size Uke.

I play mostly folk and Indy stuff. Everything form old standbys to sea chanteys to the Decemberists and Avett Brothers.

I have a stash out away for a new guitar, but it might go to jeep parts. I can't find anything that the Martins can't do.

we both have 00-15's  they are awesome little guitars. what's custom on yours? mine is just a plain jane version, but it is a gem.

Edited by mr.wichita

My husband owns about 10 guitars. At least, that's how many are in my house currently.  I honestly couldn't tell you which one is which, but I do know how to string them and tune them!!  LOL  Of course, he can take them apart and fix them, and all the electronic parts and all the frets, etc.. 

And I have amps.. and pedals...  and pickups...  and more crap than I know what to do with.. 

He kept threatening me that he wants this guitar, or that guitar, and now that he's stopped working on the road, I don't hear it as often!! 

But I have to admit, it IS fun going to NAMM every year!! 

i remember when you posted that your husband was going to work for someone, gave some clues. i was the first to guess Stills....

we both have 00-15's they are awesome little guitars. what's custom on yours? mine is just a plain jane version, but it is a gem.

They are great little guitars.

I bought mine from Ted at LA guitar Sales. He basically gets custom shop guitars built for him in small runs.

My OO-15 has tortoise binding front and back and a wider 1.75" nut.

They are great little guitars.

I bought mine from Ted at LA guitar Sales. He basically gets custom shop guitars built for him in small runs.

My OO-15 has tortoise binding front and back and a wider 1.75" nut.

I bought mine online at Elderly's. I have no regrets on that purchase. the J45 i have just got a little big as a couch guitar, so i wanted something smaller. i know that it's a fingerpicker, but i strum it with a pic. all my friends that play it want to own it... 

Been playing for 26 years. Own a bunch of guitars. My favorite is my Gibson SG that I bought brand new back in '99. It's not the best one I own, but it is my favorite because it's the first guitar I was able to walk into Guitar Center and pay for with cash. I still remember how great it was to walk in there and pick out any guitar I wanted for the first time. 

i love the sound Gary Louris gets from his SG..

do you play out?

I bought mine online at Elderly's. I have no regrets on that purchase. the J45 i have just got a little big as a couch guitar, so i wanted something smaller. i know that it's a fingerpicker, but i strum it with a pic. all my friends that play it want to own it... 

I play everything on mine to. I am not a heavy handed strummer, so I rarely overpower the top. My 4 year old daughter and I are working on an old Decemberists song so I have been putting a capo on the fifth fret. I can't believe how sweet it sounds capo'd so high.

I saw that you were gassing for a 000-18. Have you seen the 000-18 Authentic 1937? Crazy beautiful guitar. I can't justify the $4k street price though.

i love the sound Gary Louris gets from his SG..

do you play out?

You mean gigs? Used to. Up until about 6 or 7 years ago. The band I was in broke up and neither me or my cousin (who was my main musical partner) had it in us to start all over again. We had a couple of decent runs though. Nothing I'll elaborate on here, but almost hit a higher level. Just missed it by that much. Not bitter though. Those were some great times. 

Yeah, Gary Louris is great. I love The Jayhawks. Huge fan of the alt country type stuff. Tomorrow the Green Grass is one of my all-times favorites. Was never quite the same for me though after Mark Olson left. 

Love playing guitar. Played in bands, recorded music, all that stuff, but as you get older it tends to fade away. My most recent purchase was a Line 6 Spider IV head unit that I fiddled with a couple months ago. It was perfect tone wise, but its not tubes, so it had some whack reverb echo when I'd palm mute, and it drove me nuts. Overall was unsatisfied so I returned it. Still looking for a good head unit, might check out the 51/50 I've always liked those but I think it's harder to find one in good condition.

Guitars:

Schecter Damien 6 Diamond Series

ESP F-200

Yamaha acoustic

Brownsville (Les Paul mockup)

Carlo Robelli (my first electric, bought it off a buddy for $50)

Rig:

Fender Stage 185

Marshall Cab

Boss ME 70 guitar effects pedal

I play everything on mine to. I am not a heavy handed strummer, so I rarely overpower the top. My 4 year old daughter and I are working on an old Decemberists song so I have been putting a capo on the fifth fret. I can't believe how sweet it sounds capo'd so high.

I saw that you were gassing for a 000-18. Have you seen the 000-18 Authentic 1937? Crazy beautiful guitar. I can't justify the $4k street price though.

$4k is a bit much for me as well. kids in high school..... nice guitar, though. there is just something about the real wood martins that sing to me... i bought a recording king as an alternative to the 000-18 (about $1500.00 less ) and its a fun guitar, but not even close.... 

You mean gigs? Used to. Up until about 6 or 7 years ago. The band I was in broke up and neither me or my cousin (who was my main musical partner) had it in us to start all over again. We had a couple of decent runs though. Nothing I'll elaborate on here, but almost hit a higher level. Just missed it by that much. Not bitter though. Those were some great times. 

Yeah, Gary Louris is great. I love The Jayhawks. Huge fan of the alt country type stuff. Tomorrow the Green Grass is one of my all-times favorites. Was never quite the same for me though after Mark Olson left. 

i love the jayhawks and ttgg also. but there is something about "sound of lies" as it just gets better every time i play it. Gary Louris's voice works for me. 

i don't know how old you are but you never know, you may get the bug to just get out and play once life settles (in other words, when you get old, like me) 

Bakersfield has a real nice scene of 45-65 yr old guys/gals playing cover gigs and supporting each other's bands. kinda fun, no real competition, no illusions of grandeur. just hobby bands, i suppose.

i love the jayhawks and ttgg also. but there is something about "sound of lies" as it just gets better every time i play it. Gary Louris's voice works for me. 

i don't know how old you are but you never know, you may get the bug to just get out and play once life settles (in other words, when you get old, like me) 

Bakersfield has a real nice scene of 45-65 yr old guys/gals playing cover gigs and supporting each other's bands. kinda fun, no real competition, no illusions of grandeur. just hobby bands, i suppose.

Funny you mention Bakersfield. My old band had a song called Bakersfield that was always was one my favorites. It was an alt country type tune. People seemed to really like it. 

Sound of Lies is great. I like Smile and Rainy Day Music a lot too. Haven't heard their last one. Smile had some weird dance sounding tracks or something on it that I remember were kind of odd for them. But, the song A Break in the Clouds is one of their great ones. It's got that whole Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris thing happening. 

Edited by Ray McKigney