• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Time to End the Cam Bedrosian Experiment

Honestly, I'm not even opposed to keeping him in the majors for now, particularly since the Angels are sorely lacking in talented alternatives, but Scioscia desperately needs to stop trying to shoehorn him into high leverage situations for the time being.

Morin was only used in blow out games for like his first 2 weeks. 

No clue why Bedrosian keeps getting opportunities after failing so often.

Keep him on the roster and use him in low leverage situations and then go from there.

Edited by Poozy

Honestly, I'm not even opposed to keeping him in the majors for now, particularly since the Angels are sorely lacking in talented alternatives, but Scioscia desperately needs to stop trying to shoehorn him into high leverage situations for the time being.

This. There's not much better in the minors(Kohn update?). Was just the wrong situation to bring him into. Need to ease him in, especially since he shown he's not a very consistent option(er's in 4 of his 6 appearances).

This. There's not much better in the minors(Kohn update?). Was just the wrong situation to bring him into. Need to ease him in, especially since he shown he's not a very consistent option(er's in 4 of his 6 appearances).

5 hits, 5 walks, 5 Ks in 7 IP.

0 ER, but he's given up 3 unearned in 1 outing where he gave up a HR.

How is the run from a HR unearned?

• Pitching Change: Michael Kohn replaces Ryan Chaffee.
  • Max Stassi strikes out swinging.
  • L. J. Hoes walks.
  • Adron Chambers grounds into a force out, shortstop Tommy Field to second baseman Vance Albitz. L. J. Hoes out at 2nd. Adron Chambers advances to 1st, on a missed catch error by first baseman Grant Green, assist to second baseman Vance Albitz.
  • Carlos Perez walks. Adron Chambers to 2nd.
  • Offensive Substitution: Pinch-hitter Marc Krauss replaces Joe Sclafani.
  • Marc Krauss homers (1) on a fly ball to right field. Adron Chambers scores. Carlos Perez scores.

Looks like since the inning would have been over if it weren't for the missed catch error, anything after that was counted as unearned.

By the way, in looking for Kohn's numbers, I found Maronde's and holyyyy shit I still have no idea what happened there.

Between AAA and AA, he has an 11.25 ERA in 16 innings. 17 hits, 20 ER, 4 HR, 30 BB, 22 K

At this point, we almost have to hope he's nursing some sort of injury, right? Cause otherwise he just went Rick Ankiel on us and forgot how to pitch.

Edited by jshep

• Pitching Change: Michael Kohn replaces Ryan Chaffee.
  • Max Stassi strikes out swinging.
  • L. J. Hoes walks.
  • Adron Chambers grounds into a force out, shortstop Tommy Field to second baseman Vance Albitz. L. J. Hoes out at 2nd. Adron Chambers advances to 1st, on a missed catch error by first baseman Grant Green, assist to second baseman Vance Albitz.
  • Carlos Perez walks. Adron Chambers to 2nd.
  • Offensive Substitution: Pinch-hitter Marc Krauss replaces Joe Sclafani.
  • Marc Krauss homers (1) on a fly ball to right field. Adron Chambers scores. Carlos Perez scores.

Looks like since the inning would have been over if it weren't for the missed catch error, anything after that was counted as unearned.

Learn something every day I guess.

Scoring baseball is one of the quirkiest things there is.

It's almost like Scioscia puts them in to fail just to test their "grit"....I am effing sick of it myself.  Keep Cam to pitch in situations that are suitable.  Get a closer that can close the games.  

It's like Scioscia had $$ on the game.

I think he'll get sent down soon - probably the weekend. And he'll regroup and come back and have a phenomenal career for us as a reliever at the back end of the pen. Its my gut feeling.

i agree that he'll bounce back. he just needs more seasoning.

By the way, in looking for Kohn's numbers, I found Maronde's and holyyyy shit I still have no idea what happened there.

Between AAA and AA, he has an 11.25 ERA in 16 innings. 17 hits, 20 ER, 4 HR, 30 BB, 22 K

At this point, we almost have to hope he's nursing some sort of injury, right? Cause otherwise he just went Rick Ankiel on us and forgot how to pitch.

Maronde is a perfect example of what happens when you screw with a young pitcher. Soon, Bedrosian might also be a perfect example.

Thanks Dipoto!