• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is Scioscia all there?

nate

It sounds to me like they asked the appropriate questions.  Are you expecting them to say to MS "wtf were you thinking??"  I think you have to remember these guys are with the team every day, and not only have to look these guys in the eye every day, but count on them for access.  MS has been in the game for 30-something years.  You can ask him to explain his reasoning behind a decision, but you can't exactly say "well, you were wrong weren't you?" or "well that was dumb".  Everyone can see the results of what happened in the game - it's not up to the reporters to personally hold MS accountable on behalf of all fans or assign blame - they're simply reporting on what happened.

Well, "what happened" is the manager made some incredibly dumb moves, and the game blew up in our faces as a result.

Edited by fan_since79

That's where someone like TJ Simers had some value. He'd ask questions others wouldn't or couldn't. His issue was being a gigantic tool in the process.

TJ Simers was a columnist, not a beat reporter. His job was to have an opinion. A beat reporters job is to get information. You get information by asking questions.

We asked Scioscia all the relevant questions about why he did what he did and we all pointed out in our stories where the facts (Morin's workload, Bedrosian's recent failures) may have contradicted his logic.

You won't last very long in this job if you start sniping at guys with your opinion because you'll find out very quickly that they know a lot more than you do. Also you won't get along with people very well.

I'm sure you all have jobs that you know better than some outsider and if that outsider came in and started telling you how to do it (rather than asking why you do what you do), you wouldn't care much for that guy.

This comes down to 4 things.

1 - Dipoto doesn't know what a good reliever looks like.

2 - Scioscia likes to use his toys.

3 - Frieri has NO business closing again for this org.

4 - Arte may not have the passion to win that he used to have. He has his big tv deal now.

Back end of pen the rest of the season:

7th inning - Morin

8th inning - Jepsen

9th inning - Smith

Alternating great changeups with heat and then with sidearmer

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think Jeff has mentioned that he isn't an Angels fan. So while he will definitely ask questions that the average Angels fan will want to know, he isn't sitting there with Mike with a look of contempt on his face ready to strangle him like a lot of us here would.

We are emotional, itrrational fans. That won't work with someone like Jeff doing what he does for work. He obviously can't be reactionary and emotional like we all are. Of course I don't want to speak for him.

Fans could make terrible reporters. Could you see HB asking Mike a question after a tough loss? Pretty sure he would need to be restrained before being kicked out and never allowed back. Then he'd get fired.

Edited by tdawg87

You're right tdawg. I don't care at all whether the Angels win or lose.

I prefer for them to win just because that means more people are reading, but I get paid the same either way.

And sometimes there are a lot better stories on losing teams.

The game yesterday was a great story, from my standpoint. :)

You're right tdawg. I don't care at all whether the Angels win or lose.

I prefer for them to win just because that means more people are reading, but I get paid the same either way.

And sometimes there are a lot better stories on losing teams.

The game yesterday was a great story, from my standpoint. :)

You'd have a lot to write about if Scoscia gets fired. Hint Hint

I think Jeff has mentioned that he isn't an Angels fan. So while he will definitely ask questions that the average Angels fan will want to know, he isn't sitting there with Mike with a look of contempt on his face ready to strangle him like a lot of us here would.

We are emotional, itrrational fans. That won't work with someone like Jeff doing what he does for work. He obviously can't be reactionary and emotional like we all are. Of course I don't want to speak for him.

Fans could make terrible reporters. Could you see HB asking Mike a question after a tough loss? Pretty sure he would need to be restrained before being kicked out and never allowed back. Then he'd get fired.

Are you saying that I should give up my life long dream of being the Angels beat reporter?

Whatever happened to Freedom of the Press, the 5th amendment, free speech, the right of the people to know?

I swear, the man finds new ways to beat me down around here every day.

Are you saying that I should give up my life long dream of being the Angels beat reporter?

Whatever happened to Freedom of the Press, the 5th amendment, free speech, the right of the people to know?

You should become a beat reporter for the Dodgers, next time Mattingly makes some horrible decision he definitely won't expect the reporter to have a huge ear to ear grin on the post game interview :)

You should become a beat reporter for the Dodgers, next time Mattingly makes some horrible decision he definitely won't expect the reporter to have a huge ear to ear grin on the post game interview :)

I'd probably ask Donnie what HE thought about Scioscia's latest head-scratcher.

You mean like after every win?

TJ Simers was a columnist, not a beat reporter. His job was to have an opinion. A beat reporters job is to get information. You get information by asking questions.

We asked Scioscia all the relevant questions about why he did what he did and we all pointed out in our stories where the facts (Morin's workload, Bedrosian's recent failures) may have contradicted his logic.

You won't last very long in this job if you start sniping at guys with your opinion because you'll find out very quickly that they know a lot more than you do. Also you won't get along with people very well.

I'm sure you all have jobs that you know better than some outsider and if that outsider came in and started telling you how to do it (rather than asking why you do what you do), you wouldn't care much for that guy.

this being a public forum and all (that the team reads), are you ever worried you may say something you shouldnt on here and upset the bosses?

this being a public forum and all (that the team reads), are you ever worried you may say something you shouldnt on here and upset the bosses?

He doesn't have anything to be concerned about. On this site, he's never critical of any of the Angel players, the front office, the coaches or the Angels origination in general.

He doesn't have anything to be concerned about. On this site, he's never critical of any of the Angel players, the front office, the coaches or the Angels origination in general.

By "never critical," you mean "never says 'this player sucks," then yes, you're right. I'm not. Pretty much the same as I am with what I write in the OCR.

It's not my job.

I just come here to answer questions and explain why things happen. By definition, I can't explain why the Angels do things without giving the Angels side. They are the ones doing them.

By "never critical," you mean "never says 'this player sucks," then yes, you're right. I'm not. Pretty much the same as I am with what I write in the OCR.

It's not my job.

I just come here to answer questions and explain why things happen. By definition, I can't explain why the Angels do things without giving the Angels side. They are the ones doing them.

When I said that "you're never critical" of the Angels, I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. I didn't mean to imply that you're "a cheerleader" for the Angels. You act professional and answer questions and comments. After reading a lot of your posts on this site, I didn't understand why he would ever think the Angels or the OCR would ever have an issue with anything you post on this site.

• 2 months later...