• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is Scioscia all there?

nate

frieri is sosh's toy this year. with frieri's terrible performance this year and last, there's just no reason to keep throwing him into the high pressure fire of a save situation anymore. 

the only way for this to come to a stop is to trade frier or fire sosh.

frieri is sosh's toy this year. with frieri's terrible performance this year and last, there's just no reason to keep throwing him into the high pressure fire of a save situation anymore. 

the only way for this to come to a stop is to trade frier or fire sosh.

To be fair, he did put it to an end for a while by using Smith in that role in a few situations.  But Smith isn't exactly having a banner year either with 4 blown saves.  Then there is Jepsen, he likes to blow up once in a while as well.  Morin and Bedrosian are rookies, they are learning with Morin in better shape than Bedrosian at the moment.  DDLR still seems hurt, and Salas is on the DL.  Kohn lost his command and is in AAA.  Frieri is finished according to today's analysis.  Moran and Burnette, not available.  It's pretty much like a sack of rotten tomatoes. 

Edited by tomsred

To be fair, he did put it to an end for a while by using Smith in that role in a few situations. But Smith isn't exactly having a banner year either with 4 blown saves. Then there is Jepsen, he likes to blow up once in a while as well. Morin and Bedrosian are rookies, they are learning with Morin in better shape than Bedrosian at the moment. DDLR still seems hurt, and Salas is on the DL. Kohn lost his command and is in AAA. Frieri is finished according to today's analysis. Moran and Burnette, not available. It's pretty much like a sack of rotten tomatoes.

Good post.

It really didn't matter much as to who Scioscia brought into the game with bases loaded. The writing was on the wall and everyone here knew it.

As for Frieri ... I feel bad for the guy. I still think he is salvageable at some compacity. He almost got there today with the safe.

I feel bad for him in the sense that if he could have had this year turn out like the last two he probably gets an extended contract of some sizable magnitude, and he and his family are set.  It's like reaching for a branch on the other side of a river, missing it, then falling in to get swept away.  Almost there, uh oh.  I keep thinking of the movie "The Right Stuff".  If any of you have seen it, remember the scene where Yeager pushes the X-15 to the end of space, suddenly the engine quits and the plane stalls, and then he's in a free fall fighting for his life from about 7 miles up.

The guy was one pitch away from not putting himself through all this misery.  And yeah he threw it, but Iannetta also called it.  He deserves some heat as well.  That's baseball.

Edited by tomsred

Go back to Joe Smith or acquire someone who can do the job

Your top three right now seem to be Jepsen, Morin, and Smith. Go with them in the late innings. Add in DDLR (is he really healthy??), Santiago, and Salas when he gets back from the DL. Stay away from Frieri, except for low leverage situations.

Bedrosian needs more time in AAA. He'll be good with more seasoning in the minors.

Edited by fan_since79

When do you ever see a full Q&A in print?

I've seen plenty of post game interviews on television in which guys ask the same ho-hum questions every time. Do they just not show everything or edit out the questions where reporters are critical or willing to challenge Scioscia's decisions??? 

I've seen plenty of post game interviews on television in which guys ask the same ho-hum questions every time. Do they just not show everything or edit out the questions where reporters are critical or willing to challenge Scioscia's decisions??? 

It sounds to me like they asked the appropriate questions.  Are you expecting them to say to MS "wtf were you thinking??"  I think you have to remember these guys are with the team every day, and not only have to look these guys in the eye every day, but count on them for access.  MS has been in the game for 30-something years.  You can ask him to explain his reasoning behind a decision, but you can't exactly say "well, you were wrong weren't you?" or "well that was dumb".  Everyone can see the results of what happened in the game - it's not up to the reporters to personally hold MS accountable on behalf of all fans or assign blame - they're simply reporting on what happened.

It sounds to me like they asked the appropriate questions.  Are you expecting them to say to MS "wtf were you thinking??"  I think you have to remember these guys are with the team every day, and not only have to look these guys in the eye every day, but count on them for access.  MS has been in the game for 30-something years.  You can ask him to explain his reasoning behind a decision, but you can't exactly say "well, you were wrong weren't you?" or "well that was dumb".  Everyone can see the results of what happened in the game - it's not up to the reporters to personally hold MS accountable on behalf of all fans or assign blame - they're simply reporting on what happened.

That's where someone like TJ Simers had some value. He'd ask questions others wouldn't or couldn't. His issue was being a gigantic tool in the process.