• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia jokes that Ibanez in lineup 'doesn't make sense'

I do get awfully tire of the platoon situation with Ibanez and Cron. How do not have more confidence in Cron than the "alta koker"? Give the kid a chance to play everyday. He will be way more productive than Ibanez.

Brennan Boesch and his 1.316 OPS in the month of June agrees with this statement.

Scioscia does not have Gene Mauch's balls. Mauch didn't care who you are . He put the best line-up he thought everyday.

Reggie's ego couldn't squish Mauch.

Playing Von Hayes Ibanez in June with that average is a crime .  With Cron and Green not getting AB's makes it a lot worse .

His line-up is a joke.

Last eight games, OPS of 1.653, .531 BA, 4 HR, 12 RBI.

A veteran lefthanded bat with power. Bring him up ASAP, and make up an injury for Ibanez.

But Brennan Boesch sucks too. He can't hit major league pitching well enough and he's an awful defender.

I see no reason to do the AAAA merry-go-round and hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with the likes of Boesch when there's other players who might be a part of this team's future like Navarro or Green.

Edited by jshep

The thing is...even if Ibanez "gets going", at the very best, what is that going to be?

Right now, 1-3 with a walk is something everyone notices and sarcastically rejoices over.

Does it make sense for a manager to stick with a 42 yo hitting .153 for nearly 3 months...

When the ceiling for him, if he starts hitting, he might hit .250 for a week or two? Hit a couple of hrs maybe.

Laughing about it to the press is disgusting on so many levels.

The Angels are pretty much ignored in the national press, but this issue has been cropping up in multiple articles over the last few days.

Just imagine if Scioscia was the manager for the Yankees, or Red Sox.  This kind of stuff would not fly in a clubhouse like that.  The one thing I actually respect those franchises for is they hold people accountable for stupid decisions.  

Over here, we have to deal with the likes of Ibanez, Blanton, Mathis, Wells, Pujols in the 3 spot, Frieri as a closer, etc.  I cant even imagine how quickly Scioscia would be canned in a respectable franchise.  Hes been terrible for the last 5 years.  Its starting to make me think the only reason he ever won a division title was because of how terrible it used to be.  Every time got to the postseason we were exposed by a real team.