• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia jokes that Ibanez in lineup 'doesn't make sense'

Juan Rivera who got dumped for Peter Bourjos, Fernando Rodney who got dumped by rookie Jordan Walden may disagree with your argument that Sosh loves playing veterans over rookies. While I am at it why don't I interest you in Frank Rodriguez 2002 and John Lackey a rookie who started game 7 of the 2002 WS. Your argument doesn't hold water.

No. He just has an irresistible affinity for veterans who can't hit (Mathis, Abreu, Wells). The only solution is to get Ibanez off the roster, as was done with the other three.

"This conspiracy stuff drives me crazy. Scioscia and Dipoto have to be discussing this stuff a lot. If there was something devious going on here it would escape into the outside world easily, and it has not. Some idiot in the organization would leak it for spite, for money, or just because he wanted the spotlight".

Yeah, there is so much money and fame and fortune to be gained by "exposing" a rift between Mike Scioscia and his front office.

It will be all over the world news! The future queen's ass shots will need to take a back seat to things as important as this!

Are you f'n serious?

You really think someone exposing a rift in the Angels FO and dugout means shit to anyone but a hand full of people?

LOL!

Delusional takes on a new meaning, reading your delusional tripe.

Jeez, who shit in your sandwich?

Can't blame the whole loss on him if he swings hopelessly at 3 pitches and sits down so lets go with games started.

Ibanez starts 19-20

anybody else starts 19-12

Green starts 12-5

Cron starts 15-10

Navarro starts 5-2

I agree with Scioscia it makes absolutely no sense. Does that mean he's being told to play him? Or, is he just being arrogant.

Those are damning numbers.

Does Scioscia even comprehend basic arithmetic?!?! A 6-year old could figure this out!!

Juan Rivera who got dumped for Peter Bourjos, Fernando Rodney who got dumped by rookie Jordan Walden may disagree with your argument that Sosh loves playing veterans over rookies. While I am at it why don't I interest you in Frank Rodriguez 2002 and John Lackey a rookie who started game 7 of the 2002 WS. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Steve Finley, Shea Hillenbrand, Bobby Abreu, Vernon Wells, Raul Ibanez, the list isn't short. 

You would lose this battle. Scioscia seems incapable of recognizing when a player is simply done until it blows up in his face.

Steve Finley, Shea Hillenbrand, Bobby Abreu, Vernon Wells, Raul Ibanez, the list isn't short. 

You would lose this battle. Scioscia seems incapable of recognizing when a player is simply done until it blows up in his face.

Except when he does.  Hyperbole doesn't strengthen your argument. 

The list isn't short of rookies he played as well. Since the premise argued is that Sosh doesn't like playing rookies over vets you lose the argument.

BTW. How many Hildebrand played a grand total of 53 games for the Angels. How the hell did Sosh play him too much? Maybe your real problem is with the GM who puts these lovers on the 25 man roster.

Oh for every example you gave i gave you a name of a rookie that Sosh played over a vet. So once again your argument doesn't hold water.

"This conspiracy stuff drives me crazy.  Scioscia and Dipoto have to be discussing this stuff a lot.  If there was something devious going on here it would escape into the outside world easily, and it has notSome idiot in the organization would leak it for spite, for money, or just because he wanted the spotlight".

Yeah, there is so much money and fame and fortune to be gained by "exposing" a rift between Mike Scioscia and his front office.

It will be all over the world news! The future queen's ass shots will need to take a back seat to things as important as this!

Are you f'n serious?

You really think someone exposing a rift in the Angels FO and dugout means shit to anyone but a hand full of people?

LOL!

Delusional takes on a new meaning, reading your delusional tripe.

Baseball is in the entertainment business.  Baseball analysts are paid large sums of money everyday to report breaking news and give their opinions on what is going well and what is not with teams, and to explain this all in some fascinating way to baseball fans.  They love controversy, rifts in a front office are right up their alley.  Like all reporters they score big if they are the first to report it.  I think your last sentence is a little over the top, it's not exactly in line with our new code here.

I would be extremely disappointed if Dipoto and Mike weren't on the same page with the roster and lineups.

vThe Angels are built to win now. They will do the right thing concerning Ibanez. The time just isn't now. -

Yeah, a full year of being terrible isn't enough of a sample size to dump Raul, right?

Where's the hyperbole? Scioscia practically waits until guys set records for being so bad until he makes or move.

Except when it comes to Rodney, Hillebrand and others.

Look, I also believe that Sosh favors vets but I don't see it as some gigantic flaw nor do I see it as some kind of conspiracy.  It is who Sosh is overall.  If he thinks a guy is pivotal for the team that season he is going to give him every opportunity to turn things around (to a fault).  As much as it pains me to see Ibanez (and Freese) in the lineup instead of Cron and Green I've watched Sosh manage long enough that I'm kind of used to it.

I also have to remember that our current GM is the guy who brought both of those players to the team this year and is also the guy who isn't cutting them.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Except when it comes to Rodney, Hillebrand and others.

Look, I also believe that Sosh favors vets but I don't see it as some gigantic flaw nor do I see it as some kind of conspiracy.  It is who Sosh is overall.  If he thinks a guy is pivotal for the team that season he is going to give him every opportunity to turn things around (to a fault).  As much as it pains me to see Ibanez (and Freese) in the lineup instead of Cron and Green I've watched Sosh manage long enough that I'm kind of used to it.

I also have to remember that our current GM is the guy who brought both of those players to the team this year and is also the guy who isn't cutting them.

I agree with you on the conspiracy thing. To say that Scioscia plays Ibanez to make someone else look bad is laughably stupid.

I tend to believe that Sosh removed Rodney from the closer role partly because of his attitude, which I don't disagree with at all. Scioscia's problem is that when he sees vets still playing with a good attitude through the rough times, he gives them waaaaaaaay too long to get it going when it's painfully obvious their skills are gone and not coming back. It's not a small issue, to say that he favors vets is putting it mildly. Pinch hitting with Raul last week or whenever it was is exhibit A. 

I don't want to "get used to" our manager not putting young players in a position to succeed. Sitting Cron for the last week in favor of Ibanez is another good example.