• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is there a less likable team than the Diamondbacks?

jshep

Last week a Rockies batter hit a foul ball and accidentally hit the Braves catcher with the bat on the backswing. It was obviously an accident. The very next pitch, the Braves pitcher pegged a Rockies batter. He was ejected. Then in the 9th the Rockies got their revenge and beaned Gattis. On his way to the dugout from being ejected, the entire Rockies dugout was giving him high fives like he pitched a no hitter. But Gattis acted like a pro and just took his base without even giving a glare to the pitcher.

The unwritten rule of beaning players is childish. A team can be in the wrong (like the Braves) and cause a bean war.

Hurling baseballs at another person is pretty much always a douche move.

And yes, I'm including that time Weaver threw a tantrum and threw at Alex Avila's head.

I agree, its cowardly and chicken shit-ish.

should the batter be allowed to throw his bat at the pitcher, as well? The pitcher knows there is no retaliation coming his way, and that's why it continues.

I think a good arm wrestling match is a better way to settle it

If a pitcher throws at you and you don't like it, go punch him in the face. Done

Yeah, clearly the answer is to escalate the violence.

And I'm sure that would be the end of it. The pitcher and his teammates will simply accept that punch in the face as appropriate retribution and move on.

Seriously? I love old school brawls. Baseball has been pussified (much like other sports) and I guess it's for guys like you. Thanks a lot!

I stopped taking you seriously when you unironically used the word "pussified"

My apologies to you and your fellow SUPER HARDCORE SPORTSBROS though. You'll have to find other means to satisfy your rage fetishes :(

Edited by jshep

So.......no one's going to mention that prior to Braun getting hit, a Dbacks player was hit in the head and the very same inning a ball was thrown towards the Dbacks pitcher's head when he squared around to bunt?

I doubt either of those were intentional, but the unwritten rules of baseball are you hit our guy and we'll hit yours. I don't care for bean ball wars, but I'm not going to bitch about them either. Especially when they don't even involve to Angels.

I dislike the Dbacks far more than Boston. I actually liked Boston's vibe and rooted for them once we were out of the chase (May 2013).

I'm going to remember this post whenever I think about taking one of your posts seriously. :)

So.......no one's going to mention that prior to Braun getting hit, a Dbacks player was hit in the head and the very same inning a ball was thrown towards the Dbacks pitcher's head when he squared around to bunt?

I doubt either of those were intentional, but the unwritten rules of baseball are you hit our guy and we'll hit yours. I don't care for bean ball wars, but I'm not going to bitch about them either. Especially when they don't even involve to Angels.

I got to see the two head shots by the Brewers and they were not pretty. Braun knew it was coming and went to first without a complaint.

I will say the high fives in the dugout sealed a fine for the pitcher and probably Gibson, maybe a suspension. I would slap Gibson for a game or two and call the matter closed.