• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Tony Gwynn

nate

"He had been signed to a one-year contract extension as the baseball coach at San Diego State on June 11. He had been on medical leave since late March while recovering from cancer treatment."

So, he was apparently recovered enough to sign an extension with the Aztecs a few days ago. Wonder if he had a relapse or some complication with the treatment.

54 years old.  Health Issues?

He has had multiple bouts with mouth cancer and tumors. He has been dipping nearly his whole life. I still can't for the life of me understand dipping in baseball. How the hell can a professional athlete be dipping while playing. Could you imagine Jordan dipping during a game.

Edited by happybat4

He has had multiple bouts with mouth cancer and tumors. He has been dipping nearly his whole life. I still can't for the life of me understand dipping in baseball. How the hell can a professional athlete be dipping while playing. Could you imagine Jordan dipping during a game.

It should be banned.

But who doesn't remember those classic photos of Dick Allen smoking while waiting for his turn at bat.   Or Pinella smoking a grit during the game?

Yes but it wouldn't have helped his game.

Baseball_jordan.jpg