• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 6/13/2014 vs. Braves

Richard

ok folks -- July 1 is around the corner......changes need to be made.

Ibanez DFA'd -- Green back up........Freese's playing time cut.

Pujols moved down in the line up/ platooned with Cron?

LOL

If our Manager was someone progressive then maybe.  But we have someone asleep at the wheel.  None of those things will ever happen.  He doesn't have the balls. 

QFTW, he has made over $60 million in his career, I am sure he will be fine without the last $! million. You want this to be the case so you can vilify him, but if everything we hear about him is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, he is a great team mate and has a very high level of integrity. Just because it is difficult for us to understand walking away from $1 million it isn't difficult for someone with his career earnings.

To me what he is making (for this issue) means less than what he's contributing to the team right now and that's not much if anything.

His most recent ABs as it seems everyone at AW.com agrees -- have been very painful to watch.

a guy in a slump or just not getting the breaks and the hits not falling in, is one thing........

a guy not being able to catch up with a MLB fastball is another.........

time to say goodbye to Ibanez. And I've always liked the guy but what have you done for us lately?

Meanwhile Grant Green, who to me is a better fielder and has more pop in his bat and also runs the bases better than Freese (that's not real tough to do - not sure who wins a foot race between Jose Molina and Freese) sits at AAA..........all this makes no sense to me.

Cron needs more playing time. Freese should never be left in any game beyond the 7th inning and at this point should be, at a minimum, platooning with Green at 3B. McDonald should be inserted in the line up as a pinch runner or pinch hitter in a bunt situation in every game about the 7th inning or so and remain in the game for defensive purposes.

Freese, if the platoon doesn't work out -- and platoons usually don't work -- can be dealt at deadline time for pen depth or a 5th starter even as a rental.