• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 6/13/2014 vs. Braves

Richard

David Freese literally does nothing positive on a baseball field for this team

He can't hit

He can't field

He might be as slow as Albert running the bases

And I see no reason to believe he's not firmly entrenched as the starting 3B for at least the rest of this season.

I can see why the Cards traded Freese - now I am not complaining about the deal because Bourjos wasn't going to play here in Anaheim anyway, and we got Salas who has given us some much needed pen depth.

But Freese is really more of a one dimensional player than I think many of us realized........he is really slow -- almost deceptively so -- by looking at him there's no reason to believe he's that slow (almost like another slow mo guy we used to have Juan Rivera who like Freese seems to stuck in molasses while 'running') but Freese is a constant GIDP rally killer threat, can't field --in fact shouldn't be on the field past the sixth or seventh inning of any game (particularly when you have a John McDonald on your bench) and now his power - which was never great but decent -- seems to be gone --

Freese has had a decent career, has been a hometown hero for St. Louis with a very timely, clutch World Series HR -- but the Cards, a smart organization, knew when to part with him......

We were weak at 3B much of last year, we're not any better this season -- I don't see Freese holding down the job to season's end.

Meanwhile, Grant Green is at SLC.

Victor Rojas is very good -- I like Terry Smith on the radio side.

these guys -- after a few years now -- have become OUR guys.  I like them both.

Gubi's OK on TV as color commentator........

I mean, do you want Phyz and Rex back?  If so, tune into some of the KC broadcasts......

Victor Rojas is very good -- I like Terry Smith on the radio side.

these guys -- after a few years now -- have become OUR guys.  I like them both.

Gubi's OK on TV as color commentator........

I mean, do you want Phyz and Rex back?  If so, tune into some of the KC broadcasts......

No.  Gubi is beyond awful.  I want Langston.  Victor and Langston would be a great team.  Gubi adds absolutely nothing to the game and it's clear he does ZERO homework before the games.  All he does is react to the plays and tell us what we are seeing like we are children.  That is the epitome of an awful color commentator.