• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Monotonous Pujols Thread

I didn't have a problem with him trying to take third last night. It took a perfect throw to get him out. When Cespedes misplayed the ball off the corner ... your instincts are to turn a double into a triple .

None of you have no idea what it's like to play sports at a elite level ... neither do I. I believe logic sometimes goes out the window. Guys like Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton play with extreme passion and sometimes don't think of the repercussions. That's what makes them great players.

I do

t'was more of a general comment.

Use of t'was. Slap hands.

Pujols doesn't need to sit on the bench, it just makes him push harder, makes him worse. He just needs a good real talking to, and I'm not sure he'll get that here.

His head has not been the same since he switched uniforms. Can't even imagine him breaking to 3rd like that in St. Louis, even when he was 6-10 years younger.

A couple games for now. Then work him back into a platoon with Calhoun with Pujols making pinch hit appearances in games in which Calhoun starts. If he starts to get hot again (or Calhoun or Cowgill massively cool down) then go back to Pujols starting all the time. 

So Calhoun needs more at bats to "get going" but Pujols should get less at bats to "get going." Makes sense.

Have you met a guy named iabanez. He still plays.

OK all joking aside 100s is far different than 250 and on pace for 35+ home runs.

So if he's hitting in the 100's a couple years from now, you still play him night after night?

According to your 'logic', he has to play.

Could have sworn everyone thought the old Pujols was back just less than a month ago. Maybe these next 3 games vs ATL, a familiar foe to him, will get him going.

It's amazing to watch a player like this swing wildly from 'productive' to 'detriment'. I hope he gets 'productive' again soon.

I don't think playing first is that taxing.

Also I don't think his legs are the real problem. I think his eye sight is changing. Generally this happens around age 40 but perhaps it is happening earlier for Albert.

Definitely. He's chasing more than ever. Though I'd still say 1B is taxing on on his legs. Cron could do the work & he'd hit better than Ibanez. 

I agree that he doesn't have the right, but the reason you are upset and created this thread is because it was Pujols, you also would have been upset if Freese or Ibanez complained. If Conger just got a two RBI single late in the game and did the exact same thing, you wouldn't have started this thread. You are blowing this out of proportion.

I thought the Jose Guillen banished from the team thing for his antics in showing up Mike S. was a real high point for the Halos and defined the kind of organization that Arte wanted his team to be.

About the same time, the Dodgers had that Milton Bradley going into the stands to fight a fan incident and I think the Dogs may have sat him down for a game or two, the league may have suspended him or something or threatened to.......not sure......

thought the contrast between the way the Halos handled the Guillen incident (he never wore an Angels uniform again and was actually having a pretty good season stat wise) versus the Dogs looking the other way with more egregious incident (than Guillen's antic) by Milton Bradley.........it really defined the difference between the two franchises.........

am sure the current Dodger ownership would have handled the matter differently.

Pujols gets a clutch 2 run single, gets pulled from the game down a run because he hasn't been running the bases well lately which is exactly what a lot of you asked, and now you want to call out Pujols for being upset about being pulled when a lot of you claim this team shows no passion or fire.

Did I get that right?