• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Pujols opens up about struggles

Maybe if he wasn't looking at 1st pitch fastballs down the middle in almost every AB, things would be going a little better for him.

His typical AB lately;

Fastball Strike Looking

Pitch outside Foul

Take one outside

Pull outside pitch for a ground ball out. (or a DP)

It is so clockwork, it's really annoying.

@JeffFletcherOCR: #Angels Albert Pujols, on moving in lineup: "The reason he doesn't move me is because he trusts me.... Those 1500 RBI were earned."

He literally thinks he's too good. He could hit .150 for the rest of his time here and he'll resort back to this very argument. I'm really beginning to dislike Pujols the person.

Edited by CanadianHalo

Pujols was a great hitter so I'm sure this sharp decline must be weighing on him emotionally. It can't be easy for him. As soon as he accepts that he is a different ball player now I think he will be more prductive than what we are seeing. Too bad Scioscia will never move him out of that #3 spot to facilitate that.

@JeffFletcherOCR: #Angels Albert Pujols, on moving in lineup: "The reason he doesn't move me is because he trusts me.... Those 1500 RBI were earned."

He literally thinks he's too good. He could hit .150 for the rest of his time here and he'll resort back to this very argument. I'm really beginning to dislike Pujols the person.

yay, more talk about his career stats. Good stuff, Albert

There is no way they are moving him down. Dude would raise a huge stink about it, obviously. Just creates some unneeded tension in the clubhouse. With them tied to this guy for another 7 years, they'll continue to coddle him.

Feel bad for Sosh tbh. It must be tough dealing with people like Albert. Must be hard for HOF level players(with the ego's they have) to come to terms with the fact that they just aren't that good anymore. In Albert's mind, he's still the inner circle HOF bat, when in reality he's a mediocre DH. If Sosh moved him down, Pujols would take it as some slight against him and flip out because how dare somebody think Pujols isn't that good anymore!

Let him flip out.

This is a TEAM sport and the TEAM must come first.

Team first, fans who support the team second... old, struggling, non-productive players with fragile egos, have to be somewhere far down the line.

I don't feel bad for Scioscia one bit. THIS is why a manager gets paid, and he gets PAID 5 MILLION A SEASON.

This is the kind of thing a manager has to do.

If he hasn't got it in him to do it, then he should retire.

Edited by Homebrewer

Yeah, that's great motivation to a player.

Motivation?  This is a HOF player we are talking about.  He has enough motivation already.  He gets 25 million a year and bats 3rd.  Booing him might knock him back into reality.  He needs to realize sooner rather than later that he stinks and is only hurting the team.

Motivation?  This is a HOF player we are talking about.  He has enough motivation already.  He gets 25 million a year and bats 3rd.  Booing him might knock him back into reality.  He needs to realize sooner rather than later that he stinks and is only hurting the team.

Good idea, because I'm sure Pujols is completely unaware of the fact that he's struggling and random people yelling things at him is going to make him see the light, march into Scioscia's office and DEMAND he be moved down in the lineup.

Look, boo him if you want, whatever. But this delusion that it actually accomplishes anything other than maybe making you feel better is silly.

Edited by jshep

Translation;     I can't hit......tough sh*t!

Pujols finally made a real contribution. I'm rooting for him , I just can't bare him going for long stretches of being non existent again.

Guess the 2 RBI hit last night never existed...

or the RBI Sac Fly earlier in this game.

Edited by mancini79

Guess the 2 RBI hit last night never existed...

or the RBI Sac Fly earlier in this game.

WTF has he done the last month or so ha? Don't be a smart ass and cherry pick a sacrifice fly gtfo. He bats 3rd in the lineup. He's needs to make a bigger contribution , like what I said earlier, he needs to be MORE CONSISTENT.

Edited by seenoevil