• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

You have $25 to assemble an All Star band

If I could have $26...

$5 EVH

$4 Tony Iommi

$7 Roger Daltrey

$6 Les Claypool

$4 Dave Grohl

Otherwise

$4 Clapton

$4 Tony Iommi

$7 Roger Daltrey

$6 Les Claypool

$4 Dave Grohl

Edited by nate

I'm having trouble committing to a line-up.  But Grohl is a steal at only $4!

Yeah my thoughts too.  Honestly John Paul Jones at $1 is a pretty big steal too.  I love the bass sound though so I had to go with a legend.

Brian May

Pete Townshend

Freddie Mercury

Paul McCartney

Ginger Baker (no idea who this is but he was all i could afford)

He is a pretty famous English drummer from Cream and a bunch of jazz/blues influenced rock bands.

Brian May and Freddie Mercury eh?  That would be a pretty awesome lineup.  McCartney's bass skills weren't the best though.

Here's my sick line-up ...

Freddie Mercury - $10   (Lead Vocals & Piano)

EVH - $5  (Lead Guitar)

Dave Grohl - $4  (Drums & Backing Vocals)

JPJ - $1  (Bass & Keyboards)

Brian May - $3  (Rhythm Guitar & Backing Vocals)

Paul McCartney $2 (Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals & Bass when JPJ is on Keys)

saving $1 to go with danny carey over grohl seems smart. 

dude is amazing.

$5 portnoy

$6 les claypool

$4 clapton

$10 freddy mercury

because f*ck rhythm guitar.

actually this works:

$3 danny carey

$6 les claypool

$4 clapton

$2 johnny greenwood

$10 freddy mercury

thats some legit skills in that lineup. and freddy to tie it all together. 

They were just playing this game on the Dan Patrick show.  Jimmy Page is not a rhythm guitarist.  Prince is priced too high and Clapton is too low.  Just my opinion.  Where is Jeff Beck?

Edited by 1nutkruk

Two people for Mayer? I can't stand that guy.

It is all about the lead singer.  To quote Jason Lee from Almost Famous "I work just as hard or harder than anybody on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off."

So I would go with Freddie or Daltrey and just fill in the rest with whatever money I have left over.  

I put together an epic blues rock band and still had $5 to spare! That extra 5 spot will get me Little Walter to play the Harmonica for me.

Duane Allman

Tony Iommi

John Entwistle

Ginger Baker

Jim Morrison

Ginger Baker at $1 is the steal of the century

He is a pretty famous English drummer from Cream and a bunch of jazz/blues influenced rock bands.

Brian May and Freddie Mercury eh?  That would be a pretty awesome lineup.  McCartney's bass skills weren't the best though.

thanks, nate.

yeah, i really like queen. those boys put together a lot of quality music. i figured mccartney at bass wouldn't be a big deal if i have the queen boys out front.

Two people for Mayer? I can't stand that guy.

It is all about the lead singer.  To quote Jason Lee from Almost Famous "I work just as hard or harder than anybody on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off."

So I would go with Freddie or Daltrey and just fill in the rest with whatever money I have left over.  

that was my approach too.

and it works fine because whomever made this list clearly doesnt realize how good some of those people are - so you can get an insanely skilled drummer, etc for way too cheap relative to other bigger names.

that was my approach too.

and it works fine because whomever made this list clearly doesnt realize how good some of those people are - so you can get an insanely skilled drummer, etc for way too cheap relative to other bigger names.

I agree.  Ginger Baker is worth way more than $1.

Anybody see the documentary about him?  The guy is absolutely crazy.

This is pretty tough. I'm going to go with wants and move around that, and for me it starts with the rhythm section:

Wooten $10

Carey $3 (I'd go Beauford, but know I need to save a couple bucks)

Clapton $4 ( just because he's a steal)

Iommi $4

Bono $3 (not the biggest U2 fan, but can't deny his vocals)

I saved a buck. But I'd like to spice things up and add a few:

Adam Clayton (U2 bass player)

Justin Chancellor (Tool bass player)

And for the grand finale, and this is a package deal, Robbie and Sly....the greatest reggae rhythm duo and easily a top 10 team. Sell them together for about $11-$13.