• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Things more durable than Sean Burnett

Compassion that does not lead to action is nothing more than a soft feeling. If your really feel bad for the guy then go do something for him. Send him a card. Fact is Burnett has the opportunity to live the rest of his life in a way that most of us could never dream of. I don't feel sorry or bad for him. That doesn't mean I wish bad ill towards him. At one point or another the game tells every player their time is up. For me it was high school. For Burnett it might be now. Dude had a great career, made a lot of memories, and accomplished things many of us dreamed about as kids. 

i'm not sure why you can't see what has happened here. Burnett wasn't Blanton, a lousy player past his prime. He was injured and worked hard to come back from that injury, only to have another injury again. His work to come back and be a productive ballplayer ended because of injury, not incompetence. The fact that he broke down in tears discussing it, well that's something that is deserving of some compassion, If he went out there and sucked like Blanton, that's not really a compassion issue. Burnett is being well compensated, but his career may well be over, and whether he's making 8 mil or 80k has nothing to do with it.

i'm not sure why you can't see what has happened here. Burnett wasn't Blanton, a lousy player past his prime. He was injured and worked hard to come back from that injury, only to have another injury again. His work to come back and be a productive ballplayer ended because of injury, not incompetence. The fact that he broke down in tears discussing it, well that's something that is deserving of some compassion, If he went out there and sucked like Blanton, that's not really a compassion issue. Burnett is being well compensated, but his career may well be over, and whether he's making 8 mil or 80k has nothing to do with it.

Is not Madson a good comparison? I never read one thread of anyone feeling bad for him. 

Is not Madson a good comparison? I never read one thread of anyone feeling bad for him. 

I think that has more to do with the state of the team and the people that post on here to go a long with the fact that we never got to see him pitch.  We as fans are incredibly selfish.  We want results and quite a few people on here put the results ahead of the person.  Like I said when something is taken away from you it is truly sad, so yes it would be sad that Madsen will never pitch again.