• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Things more durable than Sean Burnett

some things aren't about the money

Burnett proved that

Gil Meche proved it by retiring. I respect Burnett's work ethic and pride in his job but feeling sorry for him is kinda silly. It's not like he lost a limb. Burnett will walk into the sunset with 8 million of Arte's money and somehow be OK. 

Sorry, it's hard to feel bad for a guy who will make 8 million for contributing almost nothing to said organization. 

No it isn't.  

I've made fun of the guy, pretended not to know who he is, but you could see the frustration in his eyes when he felt something.  Nobody works that hard to get back if they are just about the money.  It's easy for us as fans to be hypercritical and demanding, but it's hard to dismiss the effort he's put in or the pain he clearly feels by not being able to pitch.

If that's all we see of Burnett, then we saw the best of him as he walked off the mound -- passion.   

I hope we get to make fun of him again this year.

Edited by Inside Pitch

No it isn't.  

I've made fun of the guy, pretended not to know who he is, but you could see the frustration in his eyes when he felt something.  Nobody works that hard to get back if they are just about the money.  It's easy for us as fans to be hypercritical and demanding, but it's hard to dismiss the effort he's put in the pain he clearly feels by not being able to pitch.

If that's all we see of Burnett, then we saw the best of him as he walked off the mound -- passion.   

I hope we get to make fun of him again this year.

well said

Compassion that does not lead to action is nothing more than a soft feeling. If your really feel bad for the guy then go do something for him. Send him a card. Fact is Burnett has the opportunity to live the rest of his life in a way that most of us could never dream of. I don't feel sorry or bad for him. That doesn't mean I wish bad ill towards him. At one point or another the game tells every player their time is up. For me it was high school. For Burnett it might be now. Dude had a great career, made a lot of memories, and accomplished things many of us dreamed about as kids. 

Sorry, it's hard to feel bad for a guy who will make 8 million for contributing almost nothing to said organization.

EG don't be such a dick. If you can't find compassion for something like this then how can you find joy in anything sports related. I hate the idea of we can't feel bad for millionaires. I guess people who make less than you don't feel bad for you when you can't do your job anymore. Such total shit.

EG don't be such a dick. If you can't find compassion for something like this then how can you find joy in anything sports related. I hate the idea of we can't feel bad for millionaires. I guess people who make less than you don't feel bad for you when you can't do your job anymore. Such total shit.

I know for a fact you have cracked on Ryan Madson. Are you a dick for not having compassion on him? 

Except I haven't. Look it up and post it. I'll wait.

Hope this isn't from the same doctor (spokesperson?) who kept saying Madson was getting close to heading to Arizona for extended spring training.

Relax it's from Kendrys doctor. 

Perhaps it's a crack on Morales more than Madson IDK. Or is it the doctor? Not trying to start a flame war here, I don't feel like I said anything that hasn't been said about Finley, Shea, GMJ, Pujols, etc. 

I never understood the argument "I don't feel bad for them because they're making a ton of money". Not to be a dick but it makes me think that people think it's only about the money and these people have no feelings for anything else. The guy showed he cares about the game just as much, if not more than his paycheck. The least we could do is show a little compassion. 

^this

I can absolutely understand the thought process behind it. There are those that dont have a daily struggle like most of us on this board.

That said, we all have our own tragedies....and someone in some shitty 3rd world country would be glad to be in america with our hardships. Save for bad health and death to someone close, someone out there is far less well off than you and I, I could just as easily blow off our own hardships.

Lol as you rip on Darvish and say you are glad he is hurt. Wow the hypocrisy here. 

If you honestly can't see the difference between the two situations, then it's not a case of you not being compassionate. 

It just means you aren't very bright