• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can the A's get any luckier?

Can someone please tell me where the F these guys come from.....because they just keep showing up year after year. 

Drew Pameranz.....4-1......0.94 era

Dan Otero.............4-0......1.65 era

Sonny Gray...........5-1......2.10 era

Jesse Chavez....... 4-1......2,54 era

And then there's Scott Kazmir at 5-1....2.39 era

Can someone please tell me where the  these guys come from.....because they just keep showing up year after year. 

Looks like we need to sign their pitching coach or at least one of his assistants. They are on to something.

LOL. Meanwhile Cowgill has a .800 OPS and every single one of our young players is outperforming expectations.

No doubt we've had good fortune with callups this year, but mostly from young guys with upside.  The A's have basically taken 3 washouts and turned them into Cy Young contenders.  

I wouldn't call it luck  and they certainly do not suck. They may "suck on paper"  because they don't have big names but they get the job done when it needs to be done. They have the same amount team of HR's,  team XBH, team AVG  and total bases as the Angels but 16 MORE total runs.  Not to mention a team era of .274.  All stats proving they don't suck nor have good "luck"

Can someone please tell me where the F these guys come from.....because they just keep showing up year after year.

They do showup year after year but they aren't consistent. I imagine you get a kid with some talent, doesn't have to be very good, just good enough. Somebody that other teams have never heard of either, throw him into the majors and watch every hitter try to figure them out with little to no scouting report. It's the A's way. And it's also why those pitchers usually don't have prolonged success in the majors. Gio excluded.and also why they suck in the playoffs, no experience when you have to keep changing pitchers year in and year out.