• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Move Trout to leadoff

NrM

I'd also be fine with this as long as Trout isn't hitting in front of Pujols.

This. Trout would be fine for the 1, 2 or 3 spots. The important thing is to not have Pujols bat immediately behind him. 

Trout started last season almost the same as this season. He didn't sit out games, stop hitting in front of Pujols, hit DH, etc. He simply played through the slump just like players have done for 100 years. He will figure it out and likely put up HOF numbers by season's end.

Trout started last season almost the same as this season. He didn't sit out games, stop hitting in front of Pujols, hit DH, etc. He simply played through the slump just like players have done for 100 years. He will figure it out and likely put up HOF numbers by season's end.

Agreed, I don't think anyone thinks Trout is going to have a season long problem.  Both seasons have started similarly, although last year he did have more steals and wasn't striking out as much and wasn't hitting directly in front of Pujols.  

Nothing wrong with shuffling a guy in the order to see if it works.  Scioscia does it all the time with everyone else.  

Agreed, I don't think anyone thinks Trout is going to have a season long problem.  Both seasons have started similarly, although last year he did have more steals and wasn't striking out as much and wasn't hitting directly in front of Pujols.  

Nothing wrong with shuffling a guy in the order to see if it works.  Scioscia does it all the time with everyone else.  

He had 5 SBs this time last year. A whole 1 more than he does now which is insignificant. His K's are higher but his power numbers are higher. So it's just a slump just like last season. He turned it around without needing to be shuffled in the lineup, so no need to change the formula. If he's still hitting like this by beginning of June, then maybe revisit the strategy.

I really believe the problem with Trout is that he is swinging for the fence ever time up. How many singles have he hit recently? He needs to be moved back to the top of the lineup. Shorten his swing when he is behind in the count. He'll even go for some bunt hits. With his speed he can easily make a single.into a double.

I really believe the problem with Trout is that he is swinging for the fence ever time up. How many singles have he hit recently? He needs to be moved back to the top of the lineup. Shorten his swing when he is behind in the count. He'll even go for some bunt hits. With his speed he can easily make a single.into a double.

Agreed. I think he hit for power in ST, hit a lot of HRs early this year and got into the mindset of a power hitter, thinking he could show he's capable of hitting 40-50 jacks. Time to shorten up and hit the ball where it's pitched. Stop trying to guess what's coming and just react - see ball, hit ball.

You want your best hitter 2 or 3.

Tell that to Derek Jeter.

Trout needs to be getting the most at bats out of anyone in the lineup. The 1 or 2 slot is the only place he belongs.

I don't think this team has had a decent leadoff batter since Eckstein or Erstad.