• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The kidnapped girls in Nigeria

leader of the terrorist group made an offer to the gov't to free them in exchange for his mates being released.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/nigeria-rejects-boko-haram-prisoner-exchange-offer-after-video-message-appears-to-show-kidnapped-schoolgirls-for-first-time-9354671.html

what a horrible, nightmarish situation.

Shocked that the US/UK etc. don't send in a team of Seals/highly trained squad in there to take them out.

The US are sending what they are referring to as law enforcement advisors along with the military to locate, maybe even negotiate with the kidnappers before sending in the SEALs to take them out. It is probably why all of a sudden there is a ransom request. The last thing Boko Haram wants is the US liberating the girls in a mission to stamp out terrorism with Nigeria's blessing and finding them as quickly as they found Osama Bin Laden.

Edited by Eric Notti

So you had no point.

No, you are being obtuse.  My point is boys have been being kidnapped in Africa for years and its a minor story.  Nobody seems to care that much.  Why is it a bigger deal that girls are being kidnapped?  Although I'm sure you  knew my point but wanted to start bs with me anyways.   

Edited by mtangelsfan

300 school girls get kidnapped its bad.  Kony kidnaps hundreds of boys every year and turns them into killers or kills them and not a peep.

Isn't Kony wanted by the International Criminal Court and is being sought after?  The media ran with the story about the girls being kidnapped because that sells better but Kony is not just basically doing whatever he wants. 

No, you are being obtuse. My point is boys have been being kidnapped in Africa for years and its a minor story. Nobody seems to care that much. Why is it a bigger deal that girls are being kidnapped? Although I'm sure you knew my point but wanted to start bs with me anyways.

You're right, nothing to see here. Shit happens.

Isn't Kony wanted by the International Criminal Court and is being sought after?  The media ran with the story about the girls being kidnapped because that sells better but Kony is not just basically doing whatever he wants. 

Kony has been doing this for years.  You don't think if the U.S. really wanted to find the guy they could do so?  Also, have you ever seen the Kony story in the major headlines like this.  Or with the First Lady making a story out of it?