• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

In your opinion the Angels 10 Best Starting pitchers...

Ok. I like the lists which just reminds me that the Angels have always been short of quality starting pitching as I can only count about 3 or 4 true aces on that list.

Are we talking the 10 best All Time Halos starters (as in Halos career) or is it the top 10 single season for Halos pitchers.

Obviously, Nolan Ryan tops all lists, from there, if it's All Time, then Chuck Finley is right up at number and Frank Tanana is up there as well (can we have a pre-arm troubles Tanana and post-arm troubles Tanana, the way he resurrected his career after arm troubles is really an amazing story -- before he hurt his arm, Tanana was a fireballer).

If it's more BEST season, then others certainly get in the mix -- Ryan still tops the list IMO, but other folks like Dean Chance (for all his status as a Halos icon, Chance's career with the Angels was relatively sort but he did have the Cy Young Award season and was the Halos only Cy Young Award winner for a long time before Bartolo Colon got his in a year of comparatively weak starting pitching and a weak Cy Young field. IMO).....others in that mix are Andy Messersmith (his Halos career was short but brilliant, he got traded to the Dodgers in a multi-player deal that I think included Frank Robinson).....Messersmith was arguably the top MLB pitcher during his years with the Angels and then over to the Dodgers......then he sorted of faded away quickly.........he was really best in the league for a very short window of time.  Also John Lackey would have to be on the list of ten best Halos pitching seasons.....

Does Jason Dickinson's lone all-star appearance for us in 1997 (maybe '98) not mean anything to you guys!?!

Also, Washburn pretty much was average or sucked outside of 2002 with his 18 wins. And who could forget his damn smirk when someone took him deep?

His 2000-2002 and 2005 ERA's were all pretty solid (cumulative average of just under 3.50 ERA, cumulative ERA+ of over 130) in a good hitting era.

Jason Dickson mention!

I remember thinking Brian Anderson would be a perennial all star. I was nowhere near the target with that.

I never remember if it's Dickson or Dickinson.

I remember the Brian Anderson hype machine. Him and Ramon Ortiz were dudes that were supposed to be ace like but sucked.

Chris Bootcheck. 

Dustin Moseley

Willie Fraser

Aaron Sele

Joe Magrane

Allen Watson

Ken Bottenfield

Brian Cooper

Shawn Boskie

Seth Etherton

Pat Rapp

Mickey Callaway

Phil Leftwich

Shane Loux

i'm sorry, but that's more than ten. according to the official rules of this particular thread, your list is now invalidated.

Chris Bootcheck. 

Dustin Moseley

Willie Fraser

Aaron Sele

Joe Magrane

Allen Watson

Ken Bottenfield

Brian Cooper

Shawn Boskie

Seth Etherton

Pat Rapp

Mickey Callaway

Phil Leftwich

Shane Loux

The thread title says "best", not "bust". Just to clarify. :lol:

Besides, omitting Scott Kazmir and Joe Blanton from this list raises serious credibility issues.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan