• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sean Burnett Update

Actually very few of them are. That insurance is very expensive so teams only get it on the for very special circumstances. I'm guessing the Angels don't have it for anyone.

The ones who have it are probably the pitchers with long deals (Felix, verlander, etc)

Possibly.

I mentioned it because worse players were insured for other teams. It may be a premium, but owning a multi - million dollar company and not having assets protected seems rather unsavvy, which as Arte the businessman goes seems possibly obscure.

But you could be right and with as menial as Burnett is to the team, he could be an eaten contract.

I guess neither of us know.

I mentioned this in another thread that to insure the contracts was very expensive, my memory was like .50 on the dollar, and someone posted that is was a lot less expensive. Now Fletcher is saying it's really expensive, so I don't know what it is.

It is insurance, so the cost will be commensurate with the risk. Seeing as how often pitchers go down, my guess is the risk is quite high. And seeing how the Angels organization seems to be in good financial shape, it probably makes far more sense to self-insure (ie, not purchase a policy).

If you rearrange the letters in Sean Burnett, you almost get Easter Bunny.  Which makes sense in that he doesn't really exist. 

Only if you call him "Burnety" which is probably what Scioscia calls him.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Burnett threw in extended spring today and a rehab outing could be next, but nothing certain. #Angels

@Alden_Gonzalez: Scioscia said it's "very possible" that De La Rosa is activated during 6-game road trip. Needs at least one more rehab outing, though.

I hate this guy, but we need him. I'm getting really tired of the bullshit regarding his progress, because he's become a lame joke with his 11 pitch outing. 

Is he actually getting better or what? Obviously he's not, but I'd love to be wrong.

Hopefully Jerry isn't depending on this Ford Pinto of a pitcher.

I hate this guy, but we need him. I'm getting really tired of the bullshit regarding his progress, because he's become a lame joke with his 11 pitch outing. 

Is he actually getting better or what? Obviously he's not, but I'd love to be wrong.

Hopefully Jerry isn't depending on this Ford Pinto of a pitcher.

You hate somebody that has just been injured? It sucks and all, but I don't really see how it's his fault or why anyone would actually hate the guy. Now, if you were to say that you hate that he's been injured, than I would agree.

A rehab assignment takes a month?!

Is that with or without setbacks?

This was taken from Fletcher's article that was posted earlier today.

Sean Burnett will begin a rehab assignment at Double-A on Saturday, his first time pitching against another team in nearly a year. Burnett is expected to need most of a month to get ready, since he’s essentially having his spring training now.