• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

I'm done buying in

It's easy to buy into this team with one of the best offenses in baseball and a starting pitching staff that's looking pretty darn good . The bullpen has had its hiccups but tell me one that hasn't this season?

Fans need to go all in with this team. I like their chances winning the division.

It's easy to buy into this team with one of the best offenses in baseball and a starting pitching staff that's looking pretty darn good . The bullpen has had its hiccups but tell me one that hasn't this season?

Fans need to go all in with this team. I like their chances winning the division.

A lot of winning teams have pen hiccups but still end up winning teams. Why?  Because the baseline talent eventually makes up for the occasional snafu.  Our bullpen consistently blows lead and/or puts games out of reach.  Why?  Because they lack talent.

I don't understand the notion of pointing out that certain guys have done well lately.  Salas had looked better.  Jepsen has had a string of scoreless innings etc etc.  It's the body of work here that is on trial.  Most major leaguers look good for stretches. 

In this case, even though parts have their moments of being very good, other parts fail.  The sum of the parts is once again one of the worst in the league.

Last year there were other problems to compound the and outweigh the issues with the pen.  This year it is manifesting itself as a massive waste of an opportunity. 

Well that's not true. They have been playing much better. It's fun to watch both Trout and Pujols back to back. It was fun watching right up until Frieri blew the game. He did save the game on Monday, but he needs to go. He has terrible fastball command. Joe Smith needs to close. 

Frieri needs to pitch in Jepsen's spot until he gets his shit right, Jepsen needs to go and one of these three need to come up: Alvarez, Bedrosian or Morin. 

86 was fun right up until Dave Henderson.

Luke Gregerson has had three blown saves for Oakland.

Oakland has had five blown saves as a team.

how is that relevant to the Angels?  The A's are 13-8 because they have upside in other areas.  They have found a way to take advantage of other opportunities. 

If anything, you pointing this out is even more of an indictment of the Halos failures.  Good teams win games they are supposed to. 

how is that relevant to the Angels? The A's are 13-8 because they have upside in other areas. They have found a way to take advantage of other opportunities.

If anything, you pointing this out is even more of an indictment of the Halos failures. Good teams win games they are supposed to.

Get a grip on yourself before you lose it. Btw this team does have upside in other areas too.

There is a reason why you play 162 games in baseball. Yankees next ... time for some fun!

Edited by Troll Daddy

It seems like all we talked about last season in June/July when this team was obviously skidding toward a sup-par season was that the team needed pitching in the pen. It was blaringly obvious to almost anyone who watched 20+ games last year, and it was as if that's all anyone talked about. Blown saves. Blown leads. Walks, walks, walks, leadoff walks.

We didn't upgrade our pitching at all, and well, here we are. Leadoff walks. Wild pitches. Blown leads. Salamis the opposition is sitting on. New season, same results.

Good teams, MLB teams, don't roll over after the 7th. If they know we're weak once our starter leaves, they're going to work it into their strategies and take advantage.

And they have the past 4 years. If you don't have guys that can make the last 9 outs flawlessly, it's gonna be tough to win games, nonetheless games that are determined by 2-3 runs or less.

Team BP ERA - 5.06.  Bullpen ERA minus Frieri - 4.06

Kevin Jespen -- Since his 5 ER meltdown on opening day - 6.2 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 10 K  - 0 ER

Michael Kohn  -- Since his 2 ER game on April 1st - 9.2 IP, 5 H, 5 BB, 9 K - 0 ER

Joe Smith - outside of his one 4 ER WTF game on April 15th - 10 IP, 5 IP, 1 BB, 11 K - 0 ER

Frieri - Since April 14th - 3.2 IP, 12 H, 2 BB, 6 K.- 7 ER  

Frieri has no business anywhere near the 7th-9th innings right now.  NONE.  Some of the pen is at least looking like it's passable, even capable of manning innings 6-7-8 but the guy expected to shut the door is just awful right now.

Also, can we stop pretending that Salas is anything but garbage in any sort of leverage situation?  OPS allowed vs RHB, 1.329.  OPS allowed with RISP, 1.379.  OPS allowed with men on, 1.204.  OPS allowed man on first less than 2 outs 1.667.  OPS allowed man on 3rd less than two outs,  2.100.  If they want to use him as a long man, mop up, body bag guy, fine -- just never let him into a game in any situation where this a man on base unless you're trying to make the runner feel better about himself by letting him score.

Call me rigid, but any RP that's only useful in non leverage situations isn't uselful at all.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Worst bullpen in MLB history with inherited runners

What a bunch of sacless losers!

AO, we totally get it, you are frustrated like we all are, but can you please get back to contributing something of substance? You have great insight to the game when you aren't screaming, using a lot of exclamation points, calling people names, or making Timothy Lupus comparisons. It may seem like I am calling you out, but I am really just asking you to get back to being you, with some balance. Your ability to recall facts from years ago, and your real comparisons added value, at least to me. Sorry if this bothers you, I just really enjoy that other side of your posts.

Team BP ERA - 5.06.  Bullpen ERA minus Frieri - 4.06

Kevin Jespen -- Since his 5 ER meltdown on opening day - 6.2 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 10 K  - 0 ER

Michael Kohn  -- Since his 2 ER game on April 1st - 9.2 IP, 5 H, 5 BB, 9 K - 0 ER

Joe Smith - outside of his one 4 ER WTF game on April 15th - 10 IP, 5 IP, 1 BB, 11 K - 0 ER

Frieri - Since April 14th - 3.2 IP, 12 H, 2 BB, 6 K.- 7 ER  

Frieri has no business anywhere near the 7th-9th innings right now.  NONE.  Some of the pen is at least looking like it's passable, even capable of manning innings 6-7-8 but the guy expected to shut the door is just awful right now.

Also, can we stop pretending that Salas is anything but garbage in any sort of leverage situation?  OPS allowed vs RHB, 1.329.  OPS allowed with RISP, 1.379.  OPS allowed with men on, 1.204.  OPS allowed man on first less than 2 outs 1.667.  OPS allowed man on 3rd less than two outs,  2.100.  If they want to use him as a long man, mop up, body bag guy, fine -- just never let him into a game in any situation where this a man on base unless you're trying to make the runner feel better about himself by letting him score.

Call me rigid, but any RP that's only useful in non leverage situations isn't uselful at all.

But other than that, he's awesome!

Get a grip on yourself before you lose it. Btw this team does have upside in other areas too.

There is a reason why you play 162 games in baseball. Yankees next ... time for some fun!

you are right.  what was I thinking.  we have a lot of games left and even though it hasn't worked for the past four years, I am sure it will all turn around and be different soon.  I see nothing but fun and good times on the horizon.