• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bryce Harper

Chimi

I like Harper.  I think he's a pretty good guy.  Nothing wrong with confidence.  Anyways, big deal.  He was already out.  It didn't matter.  

i've liked him on the field for sure, and i don't know the guy; so, i'll leave judging his personality to people that know him.

As a rule, I'd bust it out of the box.  Pitcher could've Kazmir'ed the ball to first, in which case Harper could've been standing on second.  Good god, you only have to run out of the box 4 times per game on average.  Why not do it hard until a coach or umpire stops you?  Won't give the fans something to hate you over, either.

I agree with Doc's take as well.

Wow, he got pulled for that? Matt Williams looks like a dope as their new manager. Just seems like a move a new manager makes to try and demand respect in the clubhouse, and that's just not how it works

Shot in the dark here, but I'm gonna guess there's more to the story than most of us know, at least at this point.

Who cares if he was out by a mile. If the coach says you run everything out, you do it. It's like the highway being completely empty so you speed. Are you going to hit anyone? No. Will you get a ticket if you get caught? yes. I don't agree with the rule but if the man in charge tells you to do it, you can't complain if you get punished for breaking said rule. 

I'm all for playing hard, but taking players out of the game every time they do what Harper did probably hurts your team more than the one in 1,000 chance that his lack of hustle affects the play.   Get a grip, Matt Williams.  He'll do it again. Other players will do it again.  It isn't a big deal.  

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/bryce-harper-accused-of-begging-out-of-a-game-to-avoid-jose-fernandez-to-preserve-a-hitting-streak/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I think it may have been rooted in more than just that guys.  Most things don't occur in a vacuum and usually people in the locker room know more than the fans.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/bryce-harper-accused-of-begging-out-of-a-game-to-avoid-jose-fernandez-to-preserve-a-hitting-streak/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I think it may have been rooted in more than just that guys.  Most things don't occur in a vacuum and usually people in the locker room know more than the fans.

He's a douche. Nothing really separates him from puig. People sure love to defend him though.

He's a douche. Nothing really separates him from puig. People sure love to defend him though.

this is so bogus it should be a bill and ted quote. none of the bs surrounding puig has happened in harper's life. none of it.

this is so bogus it should be a bill and ted quote. none of the bs surrounding puig has happened in harper's life. none of it.

So does that make Harper better or worse?  Seriously though, I think it is silly to compare douchiness levels. 

Besides, we all know that AJ is the biggest douche in the game.

I too often confuse the plight of privileged white kids with cuban defectors who receive death threats from Mexican cartels.  

Edited by markb