• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

U.S. sending ground troops to Poland

"Obama the warmonger" but maybe to exhibit the bigger picture, "Obama the puppet".  This BS all comes down to $ and keeping the Military Industrial complex churning.

A Republican president warned us about that, but no one listened.

Democrats and Republicans are pretty much warmongers anymore.

Edited by fan_since79

"Man.  Obamacare is really killing us.  What can we do to distract the public?"

"I've got it. We'll make a commercial jet on the other side of the world disappear!"

"That worked great and all, but everyone is now repulsed by Anderson Cooper and they're switching over to Fox News. We need something else...."

"I've got it!  WAR!!!"

Poor Poland. So often a target of Russian or German aggression or expansion plans.

US troops are not going to there to prevent an invasion of Poland. 

Poland is part of the EU and strong ally of the US (Poland went into the mid-east with the US and housed 'interrogation camps' on their soil.) There is little worry from Poland, aside from the irrational, that they will be a target of Russia.

I think the bigger thing is they are part of NATO. If we still want to make NATO seem relevant then they have to hold true to the principle that an attack on one is an attack on all. By sending troops we help solidify that we still stand by that creed. I thinks it's a clear message to Putin that while we can't stop him everywhere there is a line. It's not an imaginary one that Obama made but one that many countries have held to and used to help them get through over half a century relatively unscathed.

US troops are not going to there to prevent an invasion of Poland. 

Poland is part of the EU and strong ally of the US (Poland went into the mid-east with the US and housed 'interrogation camps' on their soil.) There is little worry from Poland, aside from the irrational, that they will be a target of Russia.

agreed. was just making an historical observation. wasn't trying to suggest that they were next for russia.