• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

This team has some fight in it...

Chimi

Yeah, back to back nights they come back vs the A's pen. Frustrating series since one thing here or there could have been the difference from going 1-2 to 2-1 or even sweeping the A's, but it was nice that they went out on a high note. Hopefully they can carry that onto their road trip coming up

I have been watching a lot of OKC Thunder basketball the last few years just because we're never getting a team in Orange County and I love Kevin Durant.  It's always jarring seeing how differently those teams have reacted to adversity.  Say what you will about Russell Westbrook, but that dude would rather light himself on fire than lose a basketball game.  I hoped the Angels would at some point get that attitude back, hopefully tonight was the first step.

kohn was pumped with that K of Cespedes

Iannetta showing some emotion coming around 3b

I don't know if anyone noticed, but after Trout whiffed in the 7th with runners on, he booked down the dugout runway looking not too happy. 

I actually saw Mike Scioscia with both arms raised in the air after the HR....   I don't think I have ever seen that much emotion out of him

We can be a good team, we were beat twice because our best two relief pitchers had bad outings. But we came from behind to tie it in the ninth twice in this series, off their closer. These teams aren't that far apart, especially when we are healthy. Can we stay close enough to the pack until Hamilton and Calhoun come back and get acclimated.

I think we can. The A's showed some weaknesses. The constant lineup changes create defensive weaknesses and the baserunning was atrocious. Their highly regarded bullpen got hit because that's what happens when you get into a team's pen. Any team's pen. 

Even with the two OFers on the DL we have some dangerous hitters and generally solid if not spectacular starting pitchers. Once they find a workable plan for the pen it'll be a fun summer.

It's frustrating that they had a chance to win all three games and only took one, but at least they're showing some resilience. Last year's team would have been swept for sure.

true this team is showing some heart and that is great to see - let's build on this and get some more wins- an April over .500 even if it's just by one or two games would be huge considering the past 2 seasons

I think we can. The A's showed some weaknesses. The constant lineup changes create defensive weaknesses and the baserunning was atrocious. Their highly regarded bullpen got hit because that's what happens when you get into a team's pen. Any team's pen. 

Even with the two OFers on the DL we have some dangerous hitters and generally solid if not spectacular starting pitchers. Once they find a workable plan for the pen it'll be a fun summer.

It's getting to the point where Callaspo just has to dh or play in left or something. He seriously could have injured Punto on that one play when he should have just gone to first for an out.  It also wouldn't have been on him...it would have been on Melvin.

The base running was also bad, real bad. I though it'd cost them on Tuesday.

They also have two regulars hitting under a .100. You kind of have to expect line up switches when that happens.

That said, they went 7-2 on the trip and no one else got injured, yet.