• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nerd thread: Captain America- The Winter Soldier

Marvel originally had that date locked up and DC decided to take that date as well when they pushed their movie back a year thinking Marvel would move their slot. Fat chance now with Cap raking in $300 worldwide so far. DC will move. No doubt about it.

Not so sure DC is going to move.  They have the bigger properties in this battle.  Captain America will probably do well at the theater, but he's no match for a movie that will have Batman and Superman in it.  Those two are arguably the most popular superheroes in the world.  Captain America will probably end up making something between $550-$600 Million once it's all said and done, still short of the last Superman movie and way short of the movies in the Nolan trilogy of Batman flicks.

If any of you watch Agents of SHIELD. HOLY SHIT! Tonight's episode was such an awesome continuation of TWS. This show started off slow but it definitely shifted gears. Turning into a huge hit.

I agree.  It was a kick ass episode.  So many twists.  I still don't know which way is up, except that I only trust Coulson. 

I've been trying to piece together things from Winter Soldier and Agents.

Towards the beginning of the TV series, people were questioning why Nick Fury would give Coulson the plane. It was hinted it was guilt for what happened in NY. Now it makes more sense that it was given to him, because he trusted him. Remember in this episode, all the asgurdian data was on the plane only.  Not sure about giving the drive to Ward though.  I think there is a bigger plan in place.

Winter Soldier hand, Deathlocks leg.  Seems very similar.  Did they put the Winter Soldier on ice, so he wouldn't blow up and stabilize?  Because it doesn't make sense that Winter Solder had so many powers from just the arm.

The melty thing.  Awesome that Fitz says that he invented it a few years ago as a prototype.  Which was used and unexplained in the movies.

And still have the Skye story.  

Saw it on Friday, it was a lot of fun and was really good. More of an action movie than a superhero movie but that made it cooler. Gritty and good with lots of openings for the directions things can go.

I just got out of a showing.

This hits the nail on the head. It's a stunningly good action film.

I really enjoyed it.