• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

How do you feel about the club?

floplag

And to add we need Josh and AP to play at a high level this year. No really bad numbers from those guys.

I am really excited about this team right now, but I'm in the show me group.

We have to have a strong start so the team has something to build on.

When Angels play Dodgers in early Aug, it will be a battle of the best offenses in the league. Top of the order will be Calhoun, Trout, Pujols, Hamilton VS Puig, Kemp, Ramirez (my vote for NL MVP) and A Gon.

Dodgers offense is overrated. Big names, with numbers that dont match with them. Banking on hanley to repeat is risky, but doable. I just think given his last few years splits, its a wait and see. Uribe had a fluky year too.

Agon can still hit for average, but his powers been slipping for a while now. Puig (after his first month) looked more 'good' than 'stud'. I wont hold his ST nunbers against him, but hes swinging hard at everything and hitting nothing.

And banking on kemp to be anything close to what he was is risky. He had a great 2011, but a pretty bad 2010 right next to it. All his other seasons have been solid but not star. And that was when he was younger, pre injury. Its gonna be tough for him to get back to form after missing so much time, being older, and injuries that arent really seeming to go away.

The dogs are going to outpitch to win, like how we're gonna have to outhit to win.

I am cautiously optimistic this year.  Although I am like that every year.  I am concerned about their starting pitching but I believe it is better than last year.  I hope the bullpen is better, but after four years of stinking it up, what can you say.  I believe Hamilton and Pujols will have good years.  HOPE...wonderful isn't it.

Inside Pitch makes some great points. For me, like everyone else im worried about the pitching. We KNOW the young guys will struggle at points, and we KNOW oneor more of our pitchers will go down at some point exposing our poor depth.

But with luck, we wont have two kids struggle at the same time. The offense should be a lot better than most are expecting. Pujols and hamilton have done a great job making people forget who they are. Word around the campfire is that both seem a lot different this year, and solid years from one or both is gonna be huge. Add that to trout being trout and calhoun (like IP said) giving us a true leadoff guy should make for some good scoring.

Like blarg pointed out, I dont expect ibanez to help much. But there are some very interesting in house options to replace him if things go real bad.

The bullpen isnt that bad.  The addition of Burnett makes it pretty decent actually.  Its not anything great but its probably middle of the pack if not better.  Plus we can always acquire another reliever in a trade.

If the offense performs as expected, the bullpen will be good enough to win the division.  

one thing about 2014 - is there any possible way we can do worse in April - May 15th period than 2012 and 2013 seasons?

I don't think so.

heck, if the Halos are at .500 on May 15 -- that's a significant improvement............and all it pretty much takes to do that  is NOT tanking in games vs. Houston and Seattle.

Ibanez's last half of 2013 in Seattle was Jeff Mathis bad .203/.295/.345/.640. That is close to what he has shown in Spring training this season and although he still can run it looks as though he has aged out of the game with his bat. I don't have any faith he is going to flip a switch and become a better than replacement player.

Ibanez seems like a good guy, Trouts reaction to Arte or JD mentioning him at his presser showed how much he's liked in the clubhouse but, if he's tanking, and the draft comes and goes without anyone signing Morales I would LOVE to see the team give him look.   

• 4 months later...

If Richards can be a solid number 3 starter, the team is in good shape.

I think the offense will blast enough pitchers for us to win 95 games this year.  We have yet to see a full year of an offense with a healthy/normal Pujols/Hamilton + Trout.  

The bullpen isnt that bad.  The addition of Burnett makes it pretty decent actually.  Its not anything great but its probably middle of the pack if not better.  Plus we can always acquire another reliever in a trade.

If the offense performs as expected, the bullpen will be good enough to win the division.  

Pretty much.

The bullpen isnt that bad. The addition of Burnett makes it pretty decent actually. Its not anything great but its probably middle of the pack if not better. Plus we can always acquire another reliever in a trade.

Who is Burnett?