• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is Today's (Monday 3/10) Game on TV?

Matt Long looks good. What's the story with him. At 27 he's a little old, but minor league numbers have always been pretty solid.

His age is basically the story.   Because he's been older than his competition he's been dismissed as a prospect.  In the A's system he would become someone like Matt Stairs.  In the Cards system he may have been given a chance to at least be a back up after his strong season in 2012.   Matt Long has played every OF position, he's played some 2B... He swings and misses but he also knows how to get on base.  

He won't likely make the team but I sure hope he gets a chance at some point.

Nice to see Cron mashing

When I interviewed Scioscia, I asked him about Cron. One thing he specifically mentioned was the improved defense. Cron's hitting hasn't been as much in doubt as his defense. Hearing that his defense has improved goes a long way to improving him overall as a package.