• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

This should do it

nate

Agreed. But, more importantly, those pitchers are markedly better than almost anyone in the Angels' bullpen.

The real tragedy this off-season was letting Jerome Williams go. It's mind-boggling, really.

I will agree with this.  With how thin we are I pitching, it would be nice to have Jerome as the #6 and Shoemaker 7, and now Blantana DFA.

I don't give up on this team until it's obvious that they're not going to the playoffs.

That being said not addressing our most glaring problem the past 3 years and expecting better results just seems unrealistic.

In all fairness, two and three years ago our starting pitching was expected to be one of the best in the league:

Weaver, Haren, Santana, Pinero, Kazimir 2011

Waver, Wilson, Santana, Haren, Williams 2012

2011 problem was offense not pitching.

2012 problem was Santana and Haren tanking a the wrong time.

The one thing that hasn't adequately been addressed the last three even four season....is the blow-pen.

This org has hated making those offers for whatever reason.

How many draft picks have we lost over the years since the early 2000s, because of not making those offers?

That was my biggest gripe on Stoneman.

However, I have learned to be careful what you ask for.  I for one take back every negative post I made about Stoneman.  After Reagins and now Dipoto, I have a new found appreciation for the man.

... and with that being said, we should all hope for some really good starts by Blanton later this month... so some pitching desperate team finds something in Blanton to salvage. Otherwise we cut him and get nothing at all.

Or stick him in the rotation and see if he can reproduce those starts. Give him 20 starts min

... and with that being said, we should all hope for some really good starts by Blanton later this month... so some pitching desperate team finds something in Blanton to salvage.  Otherwise we cut him and get nothing at all.

blanton has already given me plenty. i can't take anymore.

You guys have absolute no faith in management. Blanton is on a very short leash ... give it a rest.

Dipoto signed Blanton to a 2 year deal last year, and then Scioscia allowed him to start for the bulk of the season even though he was literally the worst starter in baseball.  Then this offseason Dipoto did very little to give Scioscia alternatives to using Blanton again.  

So why should we have faith in management?

It's really kind of hysterical that so much commotion is being made over Joe Blanton. You guys have absolute no faith in management. Blanton is on a very short leash ... give it a rest.

That's the problem, he's on a short leash where he can bite you.  Better that someone take a pair of scissors and cut the leash.

Interesting - Scioscia is going to Blanton's game today on the road . . .

"Mike Scioscia emerged from the clubhouse three hours before the Angels’ second split squad of the spring wearing gray pants.

Yep, he’s traveling.

Most of the starters are playing at home against the Brewers, including Mike TroutAlbert Pujols and Hector Santiago (both lineups here). But Joe Blanton is starting in Surprise, Ariz, five days after giving up seven runs — and four mammoth homers, according to people who actually watched the road half of the Angels’ first split-squad game — in 3 1/3 innings against the Rockies."

Watch him throw three shutout innings today and be right back in the mix.

"I really like how the ball was coming out of his hand today. He figures to slot nicely into the middle of the rotation next month"

Watch him throw three shutout innings today and be right back in the mix.

Now watch him throw 5 shutout innings only giving up a couple of infield hits to mess with everyone.

Beat you to it in another thread.