• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

59 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference the Whittier PD copper killed a few months back.

He'll still do 20 odd years in appeals...and if he goes to the row, he'll get his own cell, cable, a free degree, etc...all things hed never be able to get himself out here...

20170622_193051.png

We should just send these types to North Korea. 

If you read the full story the claim was he threatened not one but a pair off duty officers. 

The Minnesota Star Tribune reported Thursday that a criminal complaint alleges Promvongsa provoked a road-rage encounter the day of his arrest. The complaint, the newspaper said, accuses Promvongsa of “several aggressive acts toward the car of an off-duty Worthington police officer, including tailgating, swerving, making hand gestures out the window and closing in at a high rate of speed before stopping just short of the officer’s vehicle.”

That off-duty officer met up with a fellow off-duty officer, at which point Promvongsa allegedly sped between the two officer’s vehicles and yelled out the window that he was “going to get his boys and come back to get them,” the Star Tribune reported, citing the complaint.

That is cause enough for the arresting officer to treat him as dangerous and to take him down with force. This incident didn't happen in a vacuum and the guy isn't some innocent citizen, just a dumbshit that didn't know he just made threats of violence against police officers. Crying foul afterwards is bullshit.

Always one level less gets you killed by a guy waiting for that split second. Sorry MT but this guy has to be treated as dangerous and a threat. The officer didn't blow him away with his Glock, he holstered pretty quickly before deciding he could subdue him physically. The other officer did help and no further physical violence took place once he was on the ground. Honestly it looked like the appropriate response to the type of call they responded to. This wasn't a traffic violation gone bad.

Would love to hear @ten ocho recon scout opinion on this.

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Always one level less gets you killed by a guy waiting for that split second. Sorry MT but this guy has to be treated as dangerous and a threat. The officer didn't blow him away with his Glock, he holstered pretty quickly before deciding he could subdue him physically. The other officer did help and no further physical violence took place once he was on the ground. Honestly it looked like the appropriate response to the type of call they responded to. This wasn't a traffic violation gone bad.

Watching LA chases and the aftermath.  The problem with the officer was, he didn't need to use force.  Once the car was contained.  He could have used verbal commands to make the driver exit.  Instead he went all gung ho and reckless.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:50 PM, Tank said:

what makes someone so evil and angry towards others? how did things go wrong for this guy?

If i'm the prosecutor, i'd print this and laminate it for the trial.

It's a cycle of young men without daddies who get taken in by gangs because no one else will invest in them. The gangs give them a family, make them feel included and empowered. And then they father children who end up in the same position. It's very sad.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:17 AM, mtangelsfan said:

Here is the one thing that really bothers me about that.  Why didn't the other officers there do something about that?  Why didn't they stop him?

Was thinking the same thing. Those guys are just as complicit.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, Blarg said:

That is cause enough for the arresting officer to treat him as dangerous and to take him down with force. This incident didn't happen in a vacuum and the guy isn't some innocent citizen, just a dumbshit that didn't know he just made threats of violence against police officers. Crying foul afterwards is bullshit.

Seriously, Blarg? The guy didn't even have a chance to disobey the officer's orders. The officer just threw open the door and began railing on him. 

On 6/23/2017 at 9:23 AM, Blarg said:

Sorry, missed this thread when you guys were posting.

As far as the second copper, id have to go back and watch the video, but it looks like he went to clear the passenger side, and when he gos back to the drivers side the driver is already being pulled out (but id have to rewatch).

Im always hesitant to comment on the way things are done in another part of the country....sometimes i see "dumb shit", but i have to remind myself the rest of the country may not train how we do out here. Biggest example is when you see dash cam vids back east, and one cop is pulling people out of a car, and he gets killed...thats a no go here. We try and keep people in the car until a partner gets there.

Thats why i hesistate to critique...its easy for me to say "do this and that", but they may not have anywhere near the resources we do out here. Hell, CHP here in Ca once youre out of the cities are pretty much on their own.

I read in reference to the article the driver was a known gangster who threatened he had a gun or something similar. If thats the case, at least out here, we would bring him out and prone him out before approaching the car. I think the copper in the video let his adrenaline get the best of him...

13 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

exactly at that point he was of no danger to them.  The guy may be a piece of crap, but cops have to show an ability to control themselves.

Agreed.

Its tough....adrenaline is a motherf**ker. Its real easy to let the fangs come out, and i completely understand when it does....the consequences are on you, though. 

Off topic, but whats everyones thoughts on the Mill shooting, the cop that just got cleared?

Cop sounds like a turd himself...but that was a clean shoot. People will get spun up that the guy he shot was throwing his gun...but id remind people that when youre chasing someone you know is armed with a gun, and you turn a corner and see a gun in that guys hand, youre not going to notice its being thrown.

Its tragic, but it was a clean shoot.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Not sure, don't have much info on that shoot.  I did see that a black off-duty cop got shot by friendly fire while coming to the aid during a shoot out.

Yeah, I don't know much about the Mill shoot either. 

The black off duty cop one though sounds like someone got trigger happy.  Luckily it wasn't a fatal shot.  I understand why they would draw on the black cop, since he was in civies and coming out of a residence.  Pretty much 2 cops realizing the situation and recognizing him, then a third cop coming in and shooting.  It's not going to end well for him.