• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

if drugs were used recreationally in isolation, a discussion would be worth having. but since so much of drug use isn't done that way, and because there's so much loss of property and life and so many lives are destroyed, i can't support legalizing them.

perhaps it's the strategy of dealing with drugs that needs to be revamped, and not the drugs themselves.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

if drugs were used recreationally in isolation, a discussion would be worth having. but since so much of drug use isn't done that way, and because there's so much loss of property and life and so many lives are destroyed, i can't support legalizing them.

perhaps it's the strategy of dealing with drugs that needs to be revamped, and not the drugs themselves.

People are responsible for their own lives. Making drugs legal or illegal or legal won't change that. 

If you want to point a finger at the drug problem in America look no further than pharmaceuticals. 

5 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

People are responsible for their own lives. Making drugs legal or illegal or legal won't change that. 

i don't disagree with you intellectually, but speaking practically, if you are exercising your freedom to use drugs and it impacts me through an accident or a theft or a death because of your actions while loaded, i think that's where gov't has to step in. your rights to party don't supersede my rights to safety.

the big pharma companies - how do you see them involved in this outside of pills? you're not tieing them to coke and LSD and heroin use, are you?

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

i don't disagree with you intellectually, but speaking practically, if you are exercising your freedom to use drugs and it impacts me through an accident or a theft or a death because of your actions while loaded, i think that's where gov't has to step in. your rights to party don't supersede my rights to safety.

the big pharma companies - how do you see them involved in this outside of pills? you're not tieing them to coke and LSD and heroin use, are you?

Absolutely tying them. Prescription opiods are the main gateway to heroin

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

First Statement - I agree that a person should be punished if their alcohol or drug use leads to a criminal act such as driving under the influence, thievery or violence. Nobody should be put into harms way due to another person's recreational activities. 

Second Statement - I am definitely going to tie the pharma industry to heroin. This country accounts for an overwhelming majority of the planet's opioid consumption. Nobody else even comes close. 

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/27/americans-consume-almost-all-of-the-global-opioid-supply.html

Take a look at the stats for adolescents in the below link and you'll see what the future beholds.

http://www.asam.org/docs/default-source/advocacy/opioid-addiction-disease-facts-figures.pdf

I get to thinking sometimes science can never penetrate societies brains with enough facts to keep them from demanding the right to run their lives. Sometimes no means no for a very good reason. Regardless of how childishly you want to have it.

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I get to thinking sometimes science can never penetrate societies brains with enough facts to keep them from demanding the right to run their lives. Sometimes no means no for a very good reason. Regardless of how childishly you want to have it.

I guess that depends on what you believe the government's role in our lives should be.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Here's some facts for you Blarg. Perhaps we should ban alcohol?

Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink.

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

13 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Here's some facts for you Blarg. Perhaps we should ban alcohol?

Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink.

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

And yet oxycontin addiction causes even worse problem but what the fuck you can handle it, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference the Whittier PD copper killed a few months back.

He'll still do 20 odd years in appeals...and if he goes to the row, he'll get his own cell, cable, a free degree, etc...all things hed never be able to get himself out here...

20170622_193051.png

What a vile, piece of shit, excuse of a human being

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference the Whittier PD copper killed a few months back.

He'll still do 20 odd years in appeals...and if he goes to the row, he'll get his own cell, cable, a free degree, etc...all things hed never be able to get himself out here...

20170622_193051.png

what makes someone so evil and angry towards others? how did things go wrong for this guy?

If i'm the prosecutor, i'd print this and laminate it for the trial.