• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

They may have been within policy and procedure. You can't suspend employees that are following the rules you give them. I think the department is going to be on the hook for this one. I'm not a cop as I work in probation but I am a use of force instructor and have been through a lot of training in my 18 years and have learned that force is not always a black and white issue. We pick apart all our incidents frame by frame, especially since I deal with juveniles

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Walking out of RiteAid on Thursday, I noticed a sherriff's patrol car parked directly behind my car. As I approached I realized he was in the process of having the car next to mine towed away. I see an older leader (like 70) starting to cry. He's telling her that there is nothing he can do because they've been directed to tow all cars with expired registrations over 6 months old. She's pleading with him, saying she needs her car to get to the doctor and pick up her medications. He continues to tell her there's nothing he can do (obvious bullshit). 

At this point, she starts saying she has no way to get home. Obviously talking to herself since the cop is ignoring her. I tell her not to worrying about that, I would give her a ride home. Finally, he turns and says," If it was under 6 months you would just be getting a warning, ma'am "

I take a look at her tags and they say DEC 2015. I realize immediately that even if they expired on Dec 1st, it would still be under 6 months. I ask him if it was under 6 months, he would really let it go with a warning. After he replied with a "yes", I pointed out to him that it actually is under 6 months. After a minute of doing the calculations, and yes his mouth was moving as he used his fingers, he realizes his mistake. After a couple of minutes of him looking embarrassed he tells the lady that he's going to let her off with a warning. Then he mumbles something about how he's glad he didn't have to tow her car. F'ing nimrod. 

I'm Batman. 

I thought for sure reading this thread that your post was going to end with the cop killing the lady.  

Seriously well done, Bruin. The complete lack of empathy and the "just following orders" mentality makes me sick.

And in another story, this is how the state of Arkansas treats misbehaving kids at juvenile detention facilities.

Story_434064_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/state-urges-juvenile-detention-to-stop-using-wrap-

Looks like they're having loads of fun. Some artist even sketched a face onto the duct tape.  Reminds me a little of Abu Ghraib. Probably just a couple of "bad apples".

7 hours ago, RuledByNone said:

Seriously well done, Bruin. The complete lack of empathy and the "just following orders" mentality makes me sick.

And in another story, this is how the state of Arkansas treats misbehaving kids at juvenile detention facilities.

Story_434064_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/state-urges-juvenile-detention-to-stop-using-wrap-

Looks like they're having loads of fun. Some artist even sketched a face onto the duct tape.  Reminds me a little of Abu Ghraib. Probably just a couple of "bad apples".

I work in juvenile detention. I doubt this photo is real. The may use restraints like this but photographing them is flat out against the law. This type of stuff is non existent in California. As far as the wrap, it's not that bad of a thing. It looks weird but it is safer than physically restraint. If this stuff happened in my department you'd be out of a job

On 5/21/2016 at 11:44 AM, Stradling said:

I thought for sure reading this thread that your post was going to end with the cop killing the lady.  

I thought the ending would involve INS and Bruin having to call a non ambulance chaser.

On May 22, 2016 at 2:18 AM, RuledByNone said:

Story_434064_ver1.0.jpg

If I'm a kid in Arkansas, that's my next Halloween costume 

Freddie Gray verdict: Officer Edward Nero not guilty

While Nero released a statement saying he and his family were "elated" with the ruling, Gray family attorney Billy Murphy, too, applauded the decision, saying, "You can't convict people unless you know the evidence," and that Judge Barry Williams had followed the law as he saw it.

Bet nobody saw that coming. 

• 2 weeks later...