• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

My favorite thing about black people, there could be a video of a black guy slitting the throat of someone and a cop shooting that guy and they'd be like, "crazy ass five oh wit not respect of life, yo! Dat guy had already kilt that otter mofo, why youse gots to shoot now? Police brutality is why."

There's an ex coworker that I'm "friends" with on FB that posts that kind of crap in along with pictures of fat hookers and NBA slam dunk videos.

• 2 weeks later...

The other night, I went to a 7-11 near a motel in Irvine. There's some construction going on in the parking lot, so I parked near the motel and walked to the 7-11. It was about 8pm.

As I walk up, there's about 4 Irvine cops in front of the store and they're talking to some woman. I go in, buy a coke and some cheese, and walk out. I go back to my car, and a cop pulls up, blocking me from leaving.

He gets out, asks me questions, and tells me people use motels for crimes. I tell him in parked here because of the construction, and i went to 7-11. I show him the stuff I bought. He proceeded to search me personally. I comply. He asks me why I'm there. Told him again, 7-11.

He asks to search my entire car. I decline, telling him he's harrassing me and wasting my time and I want to leave. I tell him I have cooperated and i have the right to not have my car searched. He says he has probable cause. I tell him he doesn't.

He searches my entire car. Finds NOTHING. I'm furious.

7-11 might have video if you want to pursue. Better to just move on however. 

Sorry this happened to you, Hollywood...

But, the fact is that Irvine Cops suck for the most part.  I base this on my own professional and personal experience.  I'm sure there are some great Cops that work for the by-the-book robot factory down there, but I've learned of a lot of bad experiences with them.

A friend of mine left two of our Departments' best jobs, to lateral there a few years ago.  He was back within two months, with lots of horror stories.  He lost a lot of seniority coming back, but kept his sanity.

I personally got rung-up for almost two weeks suspension after a minor run-in with IPD at a Buffett show a few years ago...  It stemmed from something so minor, I wouldn't have even cited a regular citizen for it (not to mention another Officer).  Two of these four IPD Cops were former friends who had lateralled there (and a diminutive Sgt. Wyatt and a rookie).  This Sgt. basically pushed an issue that wasn't there, in order to prove to all of us present that he was the boss.  ALL four came into my hearing, and flat-out lied about what had happened.  I got my suspension reduced, in spite of MY OWN Deputy Chief trying to make himself look good to IPD.

The best advice for encounters with Police has already been mentioned previously: Follow the Officers' directions during the incident, and fight your battle in court.  I would strongly recommend videotaping every encounter.  If you can't do that, at least turn-on your cellphone's audio-recorder.  Most encounters go smoothly, but I sure wish I had some electronic evidence for mine.

City police are the biggest pricks. Fvuked up story man. 

Sorry this happened to you, Hollywood...

But, the fact is that Irvine Cops suck for the most part.  I base this on my own professional and personal experience.  I'm sure there are some great Cops that work for the by-the-book robot factory down there, but I've learned of a lot of bad experiences with them.

A friend of mine left two of our Departments' best jobs, to lateral there a few years ago.  He was back within two months, with lots of horror stories.  He lost a lot of seniority coming back, but kept his sanity.

I personally got rung-up for almost two weeks suspension after a minor run-in with IPD at a Buffett show a few years ago...  It stemmed from something so minor, I wouldn't have even cited a regular citizen for it (not to mention another Officer).  Two of these four IPD Cops were former friends who had lateralled there (and a diminutive Sgt. Wyatt and a rookie).  This Sgt. basically pushed an issue that wasn't there, in order to prove to all of us present that he was the boss.  ALL four came into my hearing, and flat-out lied about what had happened.  I got my suspension reduced, in spite of MY OWN Deputy Chief trying to make himself look good to IPD.

The best advice for encounters with Police has already been mentioned previously: Follow the Officers' directions during the incident, and fight your battle in court.  I would strongly recommend videotaping every encounter.  If you can't do that, at least turn-on your cellphone's audio-recorder.  Most encounters go smoothly, but I sure wish I had some electronic evidence for mine.

My issue with your advice is that you say to take it to court, but then mentioned how FOUR cops lied. Who is the judge going to side with; some random dude or four cops? 

Now that is some serious bullshit.  Monitoring garden purchases?

My friend rented a room from a dude that grew pot for a long time.  He got raided because he had super high electricity use from the grow lights.

Of course he had like 500 pot plants so the raid was warranted.

They work for the CIA.  Just put all those cops on the terrorist watchlist. 

My issue with your advice is that you say to take it to court, but then mentioned how FOUR cops lied. Who is the judge going to side with; some random dude or four cops? 

The Judge would probably side with your recorded evidence.

In my case, two of these guys used to be co-workers so I didn't even consider that they would press such a minor issue.

I stand by recommending to video/audio record every contact with Police.  If you can do it without the Officers knowledge, great.  But, use common sense.  Don't instigate because, even if you win, you'll lose.  There are still plenty of over-aggressive Officers out there, that take the job personally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...