• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

When asked about the Sheriff's Office tweet, Keith cited the case of Darren Goforth, a deputy who was shot from behind and killed while filling up his car at a gas station.

"After what happened in Harris County, we are not going to take any chances," he said. "Now our deputies are coming to work in civilian clothes because of their concern for safety."

Well that's a disturbing mindset. 

When asked about the Sheriff's Office tweet, Keith cited the case of Darren Goforth, a deputy who was shot from behind and killed while filling up his car at a gas station.

"After what happened in Harris County, we are not going to take any chances," he said. "Now our deputies are coming to work in civilian clothes because of their concern for safety."

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Newspaper delivery ladies across the state of Texas are on high alert.

I believe we are probably a bit more jumpy now... since we're being targeted.  While off-duty, getting gas, etc.  

I'll try to explain "jumpy" to you.  I can remember getting home from my shifts as a rookie, so exhausted from vigilance that I could barely keep my eyes open driving home.  The funny part is; these attacks are really nothing new.  They are just becoming more socially acceptable now.  There will be more to come.

In my later years, I became more proficient at conserving energy on my vigilance that is mostly due to my situational awareness.  I understand the balance between the situation and my ability to protect myself better.

Most rookies, and some vets that don't find this balance may become trigger-happy in these times of Peace Officers being targeted for wearing the uniforms.  Your job is to use your own balance, and pick the fight at the right time.

Cops tackle tennis player James Blake on a misidentification.  They didn't say they were cops until he was on the ground.  Then they didn't even apologize after realizing they manhandled the wrong guy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nypd-commissioner-bill-bratton-mayor-de-blasio-plan-to-apologize-to-tennis-star-james-blake-for-rough-arrest/ar-AAe6XHi?li=AA54ur

This is probably a good thing that this happened to a black man who is a public figure and very intelligent (Harvard grad I believe?).  He wasn't seriously hurt but he will bring more changes then the whole ferguson incident did.  I hope this is the start of a different mindset for police officers and they are held accountable for their actions.  You cant be entrusted with the use of deadly force if you can't show restraint when using it.  Instead of Blake seeking monetary compensation I feel like he is more likely to look for social change,

He is a smart, well spoken man.  I doubt he needs the money.

Mistakes can be made but I just don't know what the police expect you to do if they just tackle you and not even announce themselves as officers.  He could have fought back without realizing, then things could have gotten really bad.

This one is a tough one.  When someone that is 10 feet away.  Points to you and says he's the accomplice.  Police should take them down.  

But when the officer did not reported.  Then that's a problem.  

Also, Bratton did not help the situation out, or maybe the news isn't reporting it.  But when Bratton says they look like twins.  It would help if they released the photo of the intended victim, since I'm sure they have a mugshot.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is probably a good thing that this happened to a black man who is a public figure and very intelligent (Harvard grad I believe?).  He wasn't seriously hurt but he will bring more changes then the whole ferguson incident did.  I hope this is the start of a different mindset for police officers and they are held accountable for their actions.  You cant be entrusted with the use of deadly force if you can't show restraint when using it.  Instead of Blake seeking monetary compensation I feel like he is more likely to look for social change,

You can't just blanket all Officer with your idea of a mindset, OC.  I'd allow that it might be a Department mindset, but even then there are Officers who choose to do the right thing.

In this case, the plainclothes Officers may have just forgotten to identify themselves.  It is not acceptable if they didn't pick the guy up, dust him off, and apologize tho.

So is tackling someone who isn't resisting, or even aware you are approaching him, the preferred method for making an arrest?

It depends on the crime to me...  So, yeah, if you're an armed robber you're gonna feel me before you see me.  Sorry, Lib.

So is tackling someone who isn't resisting, or even aware you are approaching him, the preferred method for making an arrest?

No, no.  Get your story straight, arch.  THIS is exactly what YOU said: a blanket, LIBERAL condemnation, without facts, based on emotion.

I answered your very Liberal-idealistic "question."

Who's the brain-washed one?  Nice comeback, lib-douche.

No, no.  Get your story straight, arch.  THIS is exactly what YOU said: a blanket, LIBERAL condemnation, without facts, based on emotion.

I answered your very Liberal-idealistic "question."

Who's the brain-washed one?  Nice comeback, lib-douche.

Blake, who suffered a cut to his left elbow and bruises to his left leg, told The News none of the cops involved in the arrest identified themselves — including the shorts- and T-shirt-clad cop who charged straight at him and tackled him on E. 42nd St.

It's exactly what happened. I'd rather be a liberal douche than a dimwitted, jackbooted tool of the man.