• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

The guy had a plausible reason and the judge should dump the case should he refuse the unreasonable plea bargain. And it is the DA being a dick and not clearing it himself.

This shouldn't be in this thread but instead "District Attorneys Are Great."

Edited by notti

That DA sounds like an unredeemable POS. Hopefully the kid rejects the plea deal and the judge has the decency to just throw the case out. I've done the same thing this kid did before. Due to darkness combined with a narrow shoulder on a highway, I waited for the next exit to pull over (maybe 1.5-2miles). When the officer finally approached me, she asked why it took me so long to pull over and I explained that I thought it'd be safer for both of us if I waited for an exit. She accepted that explanation and we moved on in a perfectly civil manner. So yeah, while the DA is the biggest douche here, I think it's safe to say the cops got a little over-zealous as well (especially considering there is a known issue involving fake cops pulling people over in the area). Edited by Don

Article reminds me that even if you have money (Samulei), prosecution will go after you even making up and intimidating people.  That it took just before trial to drop the charges is ridiculous.  And the protester is correct.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.ksat.com/news/ksatcom-exclusive-unedited-video-of-fatal-deputy-involved-shooting

​

...and then the county sheriff has the cajones to tweet this in response to the video being aired and the fact that the dude who took it received $100 for providing the video:

https://twitter.com/BexarCoSheriff/status/638486694329651202

​

http://www.ksat.com/news/ksatcom-exclusive-unedited-video-of-fatal-deputy-involved-shooting

​

...and then the county sheriff has the cajones to tweet this in response to the video being aired and the fact that the dude who took it received $100 for providing the video:

https://twitter.com/BexarCoSheriff/status/638486694329651202

​

Well, that tweet seems to have backfired in epic fashion.

Regarding the shooting itself, I read the guy apparently stabbed a lady in the head while she was holding an infant.  Not a huge loss for mankind if this is the case.

Regarding the shooting itself, I read the guy apparently stabbed a lady in the head while she was holding an infant.  Not a huge loss for mankind if this is the case.

For sure. I hadn't seen that. You'd think that they'd want to get that part of the narrative out there if true. Why are they so terrible at getting information out there?

Well, that tweet seems to have backfired in epic fashion.

Perhaps, but unless the guy still had the knife and was threatening the cops or someone around him it isn't a good shoot.  Also, I don't think I'm comfortable with the police being the arbiters of who is deserving of being shot.