• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but this is a mentality that I am not in agreement with.  At what point do we stop saying a person not in one group cannot have an opinion about another group, or that said opinion is less valid?

47 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but this is a mentality that I am not in agreement with.  At what point do we stop saying a person not in one group cannot have an opinion about another group, or that said opinion is less valid?

Perhaps the point is when said person stops being a blowhard. Or, when said person actually has some experience that is relevant to the conversation. 

Seriously, who am I to tell black people how to act around cops? What relevant experience can I bring to the topic?

Who are you to tell Christians they should or shouldn't think a certain way?  You have no experience.  Who are we to criticize police on what they do since we have no experience.  I've never been a politician, I guess I shouldn't be critical of them since I have no experience.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Who are you to tell Christians they should or shouldn't think a certain way?  You have no experience.  Who are we to criticize police on what they do since we have no experience.  I've never been a politician, I guess I shouldn't be critical of them since I have no experience.

1. I don't tell Christians to think a certain way. Usually, it's the other way around.

2. The police are (in theory) public servants, criticism is part of their job.

3. Politics directly affects us, and again in theory politicians are public servants.

4.  I've never been black nor dealt with cops while being black. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

1. I don't tell Christians to think a certain way. Usually, it's the other way around.

2. The police are (in theory) public servants, criticism is part of their job.

3. Politics directly affects us, and again in theory politicians are public servants.

4.  I've never been black nor dealt with cops while being black. 

1. Ha!  Not true. I think you know that. 

2/3.  How can you fairly criticize them if you have no experience with what they do?  Doesn't that make your opinion less valid.