• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ocregister.com/2017/10/31/huntington-beach-police-release-details-connecting-the-beating-of-man-at-his-home-to-a-man-shot-by-police-officers/amp/

Missed this when it broke a few weeks back, anyone else see it? Crazy.

We had one like that once. A lady was letting transients stay at her place. She called once to say one was getting violent, we told her to boot him but she refused. He stabbed her pretty badly (but she survived) about an hour after we left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nando714 said:

Bad shoot. Fucking yahoos. 

Its one thing to say you have a credible reason to believe someone is a threat (man with a gun, i get it). Its another to escalate it...when by all accounts, the guy is cooperating. 

Bad shoot. 

There is no perfect way of doing anything. 5 right ways, one wrong, so to speak. But i dont see why they couldnt cuff them once these two were already proned out on the ground. 

Major fuckup.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

exactly. why didn't his partner go over and cuff them while they were prone? i support the police strongly, but this kind of failure just shouldn't happen.

The only thing i can see not doing that (besides you still think hes armed) is that you have to cross those doorways in that hallway to get to them. You dont want to pass doorways in some situations...but not so much here 

I tey to never critique cops for tactics, unless theyre close to home. Different regions, different acadamies (different experiences) mean were going to do things different, and i (we) may be doing things dumb as hell and not know it. (LA and OC agencies have different techniques for the same things, and we work together in some cities). So tsctics wise, i try to not monday morning quarterback.

But this one is bad as hell. Sounds like (from the article) the shooter is a boot. Overzealous, no experience. No or little experience is always a dance, you get either too aggressive or too timid.

Something else to keep in mind, what is the crime?...its arizona...i think everyone can carry concealed there....and this guy wasnt in public (he was in a hotel room?)...im sure theres more to the story, but just from that info, there is no crime...

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The only thing i can see not doing that (besides you still think hes armed) is that you have to cross those doorways in that hallway to get to them. You dont want to pass doorways in some situations...but not so much here 

I tey to never critique cops for tactics, unless theyre close to home. Different regions, different acadamies (different experiences) mean were going to do things different, and i (we) may be doing things dumb as hell and not know it. (LA and OC agencies have different techniques for the same things, and we work together in some cities). So tsctics wise, i try to not monday morning quarterback.

But this one is bad as hell. Sounds like (from the article) the shooter is a boot. Overzealous, no experience. No or little experience is always a dance, you get either too aggressive or too timid.

Something else to keep in mind, what is the crime?...its arizona...i think everyone can carry concealed there....and this guy wasnt in public (he was in a hotel room?)...im sure theres more to the story, but just from that info, there is no crime...

That's the thing, where is the threat at the time of the shoot? I guess the guy's backstory is important but it doesn't appear that the force used matches the threat in this video.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

That's the thing, where is the threat at the time of the shoot? I guess the guy's backstory is important but it doesn't appear that the force used matches the threat in this video.

Yeah, im sure theres some more to the story. At least more in terms of what the defense was able to present to the court. But the whole thing (at least from what i can see in the video)seems like a case of some nervous new guy shitting the bed in a pretty calm, routine scenario.

By all accounts (on the video), the guy was calm and cooperative. Again, i hate to quarterback tactics, but why make the guy crawl awkwardly toward you? 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, im sure theres some more to the story. At least more in terms of what the defense was able to present to the court. But the whole thing (at least from what i can see in the video)seems like a case of some nervous new guy shitting the bed in a pretty calm, routine scenario.

By all accounts (on the video), the guy was calm and cooperative. Again, i hate to quarterback tactics, but why make the guy crawl awkwardly toward you? 

Graham V. Connor sets the bar at the reasonableness of the force to another officer in that same situation. I take it you do not find this force reasonable and I doubt most other officers would either. It's a bad shoot

Exactly. I think its a massive f*ck up. I think it was a retard boot that was too amped up in a situation hes either rarely or never having been exposed to.

Im all for being stern on verbal commands to get compliance...but the Sgt yelling at these two was overboard...and id venture to guess new boot was feeding off him and wondering if thats what the Sgt "would do" when he jumped the gun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, gotbeer said:

Unreal.

My first thought, and i hate to say it, was that it was going to be some younger deputy....unfortunstely, because LASD is so big, not as well paid, and constantly needing people, they end up hiring a lot of guys who shouldnt get the job. Thats not a knock on the agency as a whole, they have some outstanding guys there, and some of the areas they work are real bad, and they do a great job.

But again, when they are so big and not really a magnet agency (lower paid, have to work the jails for years, then mostly bad cities afterwards), they have to lower standards a bit....so some guys make it through who wouldnt elsewhere.

But this guy is old. Just a shady piece of shit.