• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

you got knocked....

nate is white knighting it up in here.

Hitting anyone is wrong. But the stigma around hitting a woman under any circumstances has become so ingrained in our culture that it has given women this idea that they are immune to any sort of physical violence. You shouldn't have to hit anybody period, but if you have to defend yourself are you really going to consider the social repercussions? If you can push her away without hitting her then great! But the idea that all women are fragile creatures and you should never hit them in any circumstance is entirely misguided.

Someone who hits a woman in self defense should not be put on the same level as someone who hits her because she burnt your dinner. That is absurd.

As I said, avoid violence against anyone. But don't just allow yourself to be hurt (or worse) because society tells you it is wrong. **** that. If I feel in danger I will knock the bitch out. I mean really, what else are you going to do?

even if they struck first, the woman still holds all the power over the situation with the police.

Pretty much.

I've seen some shit in my day. I don't condone hitting women or any kind of domestic violence but have seen or heard too many situations where it's not as simple as "oh he hit her? lock him up for life".

One that haunts me was crashing on a buddies couch years ago. He comes and sleeps on the other couch early in the morning after some commotion in their bedroom. Then out of the blue while we are both dead asleep starts slamming two cooking pans together over this dudes head and just keeps screaming "hit me, hit me so I can call the cops". The shock of seeing someone act that psycho is still unmatched.

I even had an issue one time many years ago that I told on here because of all the naive posts that made women seem angelic about domestic issues. Long story short, bought a new house and wanted to settle down and had girlfriend at the time and her daughter move in. Relationship wasn't working out and I decided to end it one night. However, she had been drinking and didn't find the break up to be in her plans. She wasn't happy but I told her because she was drunk she could sleep on the couch and leave the next day to move back in with her dad. This seemed to really set her off not sleeping in the bed. Her cell phone was dead and she wanted to use my house phone to call 911 because I was breaking up with her and not letting her live there anymore (I imagine this is pretty much the level of stupidity police generally come across when they respond to domestic issues). She said although her phone was dead she could still make a 911 call, I tell her to go ahead and that it's not changing the situation about the relationship. She storms out and I go to bed. Then I here the "thump, thump" and know immediately that it's the type of law enforcement knock you see on tv or the movies. I answer and apparently she walked out to a better coverage area to dial 911.....I don't know if this means she talked to them, but the whole circus was out with cop cars, fire truck, ambulance all while I just moved into this neighborhood and my new neighbors are subjected to this drama. They come in and ask me what happened, I explain it like I did above that she simply wasn't happy we were breaking up and I think the booze added fuel to her fire as it made her upset enough to call 911. Now the police ask her her side of the story and while she is saying the same things I am I notice they kind of are pressuring her with domestic violence questions (shit like, "are you sure he didn't hit you?" as if when she said I didn't the first time it wasn't a legit answer) and just seem to be probing any angle to arrest me for any kind of physical contact. She keeps saying no and eventually they turn the questions to "well ma'am, are you on title?, do you pay rent?, do you pay any utility?" looking to see if she has any type of squatters rights. She didn't pay anything and they told her it was indeed my house and if I didn't want her there it was my right. It seemed to be the nail in the coffin to hear the police say they couldn't force our relationship or her moving. They politely asked if she could stay the night because she was drinking and they didn't want her on the road and I told them that was my original idea to which they rounded up the circus and headed out. No big deal outside of neighborhood embarassment, but what I got out of the whole thing was how they were pressuring her to say anything the way you see cop shows and they lead with questioning or try and convince someone that something might have happened. I was never worried the whole time but became instantly scared shitless when they kept badgering a domestic violence agenda like they weren't leaving unless someone was in cuffs. The now ex is pretty drunk and I kept thinking if she is this raged to call 911 she could easily be as psycho to say I touched her or make something up for them to arrest me. Luckily she stayed with the truth, but it makes me believe many of these situations end differently for others. 

I totally understand that Brandon.  I had a friend who wasn't as fortunate as you and ended being convicted on bogus charges.  Bottom line on you and my friend though.  You guys did the right thing and didn't lay a hand on those women. 

Sounds like your buddy didn't even do that with the psycho chick that was asking for it. 

nate is white knighting it up in here.

Hitting anyone is wrong. But the stigma around hitting a woman under any circumstances has become so ingrained in our culture that it has given women this idea that they are immune to any sort of physical violence. You shouldn't have to hit anybody period, but if you have to defend yourself are you really going to consider the social repercussions? If you can push her away without hitting her then great! But the idea that all women are fragile creatures and you should never hit them in any circumstance is entirely misguided.

Someone who hits a woman in self defense should not be put on the same level as someone who hits her because she burnt your dinner. That is absurd.

As I said, avoid violence against anyone. But don't just allow yourself to be hurt (or worse) because society tells you it is wrong. **** that. If I feel in danger I will knock the bitch out. I mean really, what else are you going to do?

Yeah, chicks aren't the quiet stay at home mom types anymore that are submissive.  I think only psycho males and females resort to violence, but I'm not taking a chick lightly and I don't think it's like cartoons where some chick the size of Olive Oil is beating on your chest like a feather and you just stand there and take it until they tire out. Shit like that doesn't happen in the real world.

I totally understand that Brandon.  I had a friend who wasn't as fortunate as you and ended being convicted on bogus charges.  Bottom line on you and my friend though.  You guys did the right thing and didn't lay a hand on those women. 

Sounds like your buddy didn't even do that with the psycho chick that was asking for it. 

True, but we also weren't attacked or swung at first....if I am to assume your buddies situation is similar. I know in my situation I even walked away to a different room in the house as any rationale from someone drunk was nonexistent.

No, he didn't even restrain her hands from hitting the pots and pans. It took us a second to realize what was going on from a dead sleep, then it hit us, but with the way she was talking was trying to set him up. We kind of diffused the situation talking to her. Of course many months later they are engaged and just had a kid recently.

And when she starts kicking or biting? I mean really, none of us know what happened. People just see "OMG MAN HIT WOMAN MUST PROTECT WOMAN. MAN BAD!"

For all we know she kicked him in the nuts and wouldn't stop. It's only "aggression" if he punched her for no reason (which could have been the case).

Really, this idea that women are weak and fragile and men are strong and tough is incredibly outdated. Size doesn't mean anything. I'm guessing a female boxer could probably beat the shit out of a buff surfer dude who hangs out at the gym 5 nights a week. Just like how Manny Pacquiao could absolutely destroy me despite the fact that I'm twice his size.

Edited by tdawg87

None of us have seen the 'you got knocked out' video.  Here's my guess as to how things go from here.

Rice will have knocked her the f*ck out, with not much provocation (to normal people... to the board's neanderthals, she will have got it coming).

She then will proceed to not proceed to press any charges.  In fact, she will stonewall the investigation.

At that point, I will start giving zero f*cks about her, and not bat an eye when she gets her teeth knocked in the next time/

None of us have seen the 'you got knocked out' video.  Here's my guess as to how things go from here.

Rice will have knocked her the f*ck out, with not much provocation (to normal people... to the board's neanderthals, she will have got it coming).

She then will proceed to not proceed to press any charges.  In fact, she will stonewall the investigation.

At that point, I will start giving zero f*cks about her, and not bat an eye when she gets her teeth knocked in the next time/

If she was simply knocked out without provocation she wouldn't have been arrested as well.