• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

How much oil does the US get from Russia?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/3/how-much-oil-does-the-us-import-from-russia

I'm just saying if only 1 percent of the U.S. oil is from Russia it shouldn't be hard to find it somewhere else.

However:

Which is a pretty good chunk so if everyone stops taking Russian oil it will drive up the price.

But it's not just oil.  Although the US does not import any.  

GOP wants to end Russian oil imports to US, boost production

The U.S. does not import gas from Russia, but Europe relies on natural gas from Russia for a third of its supply.

45 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It is humorous that someone who says women's sports should be only for biological women gets banned but invading a foreign country while lying about the reasons is OK by Twitter. 

One is more offensive that the other 

14 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm not an expert on the Polish Air Force but the old jets are usually updated with new electronics over the years. You keep the old planes flying and update them with new technology whenever possible.

I saw this when I was in the Air Force in the 80's. The planes I worked on were from the 60's and early 70's but they were constantly being updated. For example the original F4-E fighters had analog computers for the radar missile systems, because there were no digital computers. Later the analog computers were retrofitted with digital computers which calculated the same number but were more reliable. Same goes for other systems that were originally analog but later upgraded to digital.

Besides that there were advancements in electronic countermeasures that were added.

That's not to say that the old planes are a match for the latest fighters but they do have some capability, and with the right tactics should be able to do some damage against ground targets.

I think at bare minimum, they provide the Russians with another problem. They may be outmatched, but just their presence is something the Russians have to keep in mind.

Russian fighters will have to come in, armed with air to air weapons, just because. 

And the added weight of them have to carry a little less air to ground.

The Ukranians can employ guerilla tactics with their planes, too, a la Hanoi. They can pop out of nowhere, and even if they dont shoot any Russian down, they can force them to drop their bombs early, to lighten up and be ready to fight.... while the Ukranian fighter runs off afterwards.

And last. If they are at least capable enough, the Ukranians can do area denial work.... forcing the Russians to fly elsewhere.... into SAM batteries.

This will all be moot though, when the Ukranian pilots climb into the cockpit, and everything is written in Polish.

"Benzyna? The hell does that mean?"

23 hours ago, Blarg said:

Then take all of that old shit and make one run at the convoy and straff the living hell out of them. It might be a Midway moment where the best of their force stay above to pick off the Soviet response and hope they do some damage to the sitting ducks on the ground. 

If they can successfully plow the fields with the old Migs, even if they lose them it cripples the supply line. But it has to happen before that convoy can get out of their own way otherwise there is less damage that can be done and losses would be primarily Ukrainian. 

Killing the convoy could be equivalent of sinking Yamamotos carriers. It buys time, lots of time and forces the ground troops to pull back to resupply. Otherwise they are running on empty tanks and rationing bullets and food. 

They're hitting the convoy.