• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

1 hour ago, cals said:

@ten ocho recon scout I found this video interesting.  If you believe the Russian soldiers who were captured and they seem pretty genuine in their responses, most of them seemed surprised that they were invading and didn’t have a lot of guidance.  

It almost seems like the plan was always to be a bluff for negotiation and then Putin threw a temper tantrum and ordered the invasion which was half assed and unorganized.  It was a shit show and in the 4-5 days since they’ve mapped a plan and are going to do it legit.  But tomorrow they’re giving Ukraine and option to discuss surrender at the Belarus border meeting.  That’s my take.  

No idea. Been watching videos like this on reddit for the past 2 hours or so (since @mmc is ignoring us to watch the Ducks with Bill Stoneman).

Almost all the captured Russians are saying that. I dunno.

Either theyre telling the truth, and were lied to. Or theyve been told to say that.

It does seem a bit suspect though.... Russia still hasnt established air dominance.... a lot of the tanks seen destroyed are older models... the Russians havent swarmed artillery and missiles (yet)....

.... I still get the feeling Russia is holding back for something bigger....

If theres anything to be made from this, I think Russia expected Ukraine to roll over. And so far, they arent. Not sure the Russians anticipated that. (Theyre having trouble with fuel Im reading).

And Im not sure they saw the world kind of all jumping hard on to Team Ukraine.... I think they likely expected 2014 all over again. Ukraine not having their shit together, and the world not really reacting in a big way.

I think Putin gambled and made a serious mistake here.... even if Ukraine falls.

And I think Kyev has a real bad shot at being the next Allepo....

Russia hikes key rate to 20%, tells companies to sell FX

The Russian central bank on Monday raised its key interest rate to 20% from 9.5% to counter risks of double depreciation and higher inflation.

Russia has also ordered companies to sell 80% of their foreign currency revenues, the central bank and the finance ministry said.

The central bank also announced a slew of measures on Sunday to support domestic markets, as it scrambled to manage the broadening fallout of harsh Western sanctions over the weekend in retaliation against Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.

9 hours ago, cals said:

Fuck them.  They tolerate this fuck face.

9 hours ago, Kotchman said:

They certainly can. Unfortunately they lack the willingness to lose it all for freedom. Their future will simply shift from one oppressive Marxist to another. 

It’s possible that you are correct in this mode of thinking. Let’s say the citizens wanted to revolt and get rid of those in charge there, how would they go about doing that? They really aren’t different than anyone else that lives under a tyrant and dictator. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

It’s possible that you are correct in this mode of thinking. Let’s say the citizens wanted to revolt and get rid of those in charge there, how would they go about doing that? They really aren’t different than anyone else that lives under a tyrant and dictator. 

I already told you, the same as here. Storm the Capital and take Putin's podium and the entire Russian government will fall.

People make jokes, but I don't find anything funny about the war in Ukraine. 

At times, it feels like we're on the verge of World War 3. Then I see the video like the one cals posted and I have this glimmer of hope that this will end.

I can't imagine what the people of Ukraine are going through.  It's gut wrenching and heart breaking.   I just can't imagine.

Meanwhile, MLB and the players continue to squabble... Really?

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

At times, it feels like we're on the verge of World War 3. Then I see the video like the one cals posted and I have this glimmer of hope that this will end.

I can't imagine what the people of Ukraine are going through.  It's gut wrenching and heart breaking.   I just can't imagine.

Who’s making jokes about the war?

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Current worldly events makes baseball an after thought. I wasn’t around for the Cuban missile crisis but this seems to be the closest we’ve come to something like that since. 

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Ever heard of gallows humor?

X4m9.gif