• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Bill Stoneman is at the Ducks game tonight.  I’m ticket taking at the media/scouting entrance, and he walks up to me showing a typical credential someone in either other of those 2 departments would show me, except his just says “Bill Stoneman - Los Angeles Angels”.  Not sure what Stoneman still does with the Angels and why it means he gets to go to Ducks games for free but it was pretty funny 

11 minutes ago, mmc said:

Bill Stoneman is at the Ducks game tonight.  I’m ticket taking at the media/scouting entrance, and he walks up to me showing a typical credential someone in either other of those 2 departments would show me, except his just says “Bill Stoneman - Los Angeles Angels”.  Not sure what Stoneman still does with the Angels and why it means he gets to go to Ducks games for free but it was pretty funny 

Is there a tie in to the Ukranian invasion here? 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The west is funneling in loads of weapons and has been for some time.  Now they’re threatening sanctioning the Russian central bank.  Which, would be difficult to describe as anything other than an act of war.   Russia has made its red lines clear for some time.  The west doesn’t care.  Here we are. 

So you don't think there should be consequences for Russia due to Putin's actions?

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Would you rather be drafted, and be known as "private so and so", with bugles in the background? Or have a cool Wu Tang name, that includes a "aka the sheisty one", with tha Rza on the turn tables as you go off to fight?

I have no idea what any of this means.

So I’m a maybe.

28 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So you don't think there should be consequences for Russia due to Putin's actions?

I think that we accept the world as it is.  This idea of spheres is not new.  Everyone must accept US hegemony in its sphere.  I mean what the fuck am I talking about.  We go do whatever we want all over the place.  No respect for sovereignty.  If that’s how it is then I don’t see why Russia must be restrained by us.  Great powers and super powers being what they are.  Ukraine certainly in their sphere.  Russia certainly a great power.  They’ve made it clear what they would do about further expansion east.  And now they have acted.  It’s terrible.  I hate it.  It’s not a moral judgment.  It’s what the world is.  Recognizing that.  I don’t think that brinksmanship between world powers is appropriate.  And now is Ukraine better off ? No.  I fear that this hasn’t even started.  I am so sad for the horrors that I feel will come.  Could it have been avoided.  I don’t know.  Nobody does.  Anyway.  I’ve said what I’ve said.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

37 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think that we accept the world as it is.  This idea of spheres is not new.  Everyone must accept US hegemony in its sphere.  I mean what the fuck am I talking about.  We go do whatever we want all over the place.  No respect for sovereignty.  If that’s how it is then I don’t see why Russia must be restrained by us.  Great powers and super powers being what they are.  Ukraine certainly in their sphere.  Russia certainly a great power.  They’ve made it clear what they would do about further expansion east.  And now they have acted.  It’s terrible.  I hate it.  It’s not a moral judgment.  It’s what the world is.  Recognizing that.  I don’t think that brinksmanship between world powers is appropriate.  And now is Ukraine better off ? No.  I fear that this hasn’t even started.  I am so sad for the horrors that I feel will come.  Could it have been avoided.  I don’t know.  Nobody does.  Anyway.  I’ve said what I’ve said.  

Unfortunately I don't think I agree with any of this. I understand the position and I do think we as a nation have over played our foreign policy hand when it comes to military intervention, but allowing people like Putin to dictate the nature of the world we live in is not the right path.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Unfortunately I don't think I agree with any of this. I understand the position and I do think we as a nation have over played our foreign policy hand when it comes to military intervention, but allowing people like Putin to dictate the nature of the world we live in is not the right path.

Ya, I mean that’s fine.  We’re all just talking.  It doesn’t matter what we think.