• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Trying to keep up with the kids and technology since @mmc has his own life and cant post videos fast enough for me.

Reddit has a ton of footage.

This is going to be Grozny/Chechnya all over again I think.

Best case scenario (for peace) is Ukraine calls it quits, and this thing ends.

I dont see that happening.

I think this is going to end up in a Syria type situation, and is going to play out for a lot longer than Russia wants it to. I think Putin gambled and lost hard here......

He has to go full bore to "win" now. And that means he loses even more.

If this thing drags on even just for a few months, and the global community makes it ugly enough for the average Russian to recognize Russian State media isnt making sense, Russia is in for some bad times 

Putin has been wanting this for years. To reestablish Russia as a superpower. And himself as this great leader of the Russian people who brought back Russia as a major player.

He saw the window of weakness from America that hasnt been seen in awhile...

An 80 year old president, who isnt big on military adventures to start with. A bad economy. An America thats been in a soft civil war for 2 years. And a completely botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Europe, whos own economy has sputtered, after 2 years of Covid. And a population who for 20 years or so hasnt been about fighting, more worried about other things (so their military readiness was poor).   

Combine the two, and it was a fair bet that the West wouldnt be too in a rush to get involved in a conflict over an Eastern European country, that isnt part of the EU or NATO.

Especially with America being more focused on China....

This was Putins window.

Now, the Russians are almost begging China to invade Taiwan, and the entire world is #teamukraine. And NATO suddenly is on the same page.

He played this one badly. They will "beat" Ukraine. But lose in the bigger picture.

I think it’s important to remember that we are not quite a week into this,  we’ve had deluge of misinformation.  Try and temper the impulse to make judgements about what is happening.  Try to avoid imagining that anyone as removed as we are has any kind of grasp on what the situation is on the ground. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

22 hours ago, cals said:

I wish someone, the CIA under the Ukraine flag, a rogue polish pilot, anyone, would bomb the living shit out of that convoy.

Throw that Ukrainian flag on an A-10 & get a Ukrainian-American pilot (so that he seems legit Ukrainian) and that convoy will no longer exist.

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/brave-new-world-of-putin-an-article-by-the-propaganda-publication-ria-novosti-which-was-to-be-published-after-the-occupation-of-ukraine/

This was supposed to be released after the Russians secured Ukraine. It was "accidentally" released today.

Someone at RIA Novosti is probably radioactive right now. Literally.

17 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/brave-new-world-of-putin-an-article-by-the-propaganda-publication-ria-novosti-which-was-to-be-published-after-the-occupation-of-ukraine/

This was supposed to be released after the Russians secured Ukraine. It was "accidentally" released today.

Someone at RIA Novosti is probably radioactive right now. Literally.

Putin’s long term plans should not come as a surprise. Fuck him 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Putin’s long term plans should not come as a surprise. Fuck him 

I agree. Fuck him. But they're not his long-term plans. He turns 70 this year. That's old for a Russian. This is his legacy--and he wants it to be completed yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

I agree. Fuck him. But they're not his long-term plans. He turns 70 this year. That's old for a Russian. This is his legacy--and he wants it to be completed yesterday.

Agreed but I guess I mean his plans for Mother Russia. 

9 hours ago, cals said:

Unless Russia is just playing games for some reason, they sure are making themselves look like bumbling idiots and exposing it's military as way overhyped.  And it does seem like it was a spur of the moment tantrum by Putin and not really well thought out.