• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dumb School Decisions

Ok, I'm starting this thread because almost daily I'm reading about stories where teachers, administrations or school boards are doing ridiculously stupid things.

Here is my first entry:

http://news.yahoo.com/second-grader-roamed-streets-hours-teacher-locked-her-141134067.html

I would have sued the police too on this one though.

Feel free to post your own as well.

NYC new mayor DeBlasio refused to close schools today despite there being a state of emergency in the area due to the winter storm. Every other school system in the area was closed. His reasoning was that too many kids that attend before-care and depend on the free meals they are given. Due to this same storm, most food service trucks were unable to make their deliveries this morning, so the kids ended up going hungry. Good call!

This ass-hat is ruining 20 years of prosperity that NYC has had. He will run it into the ground by driving away it's big business with his crazy tax plans.

Ok, I'm starting this thread because almost daily I'm reading about stories where teachers, administrations or school boards are doing ridiculously stupid things.

Here is my first entry:

http://news.yahoo.com/second-grader-roamed-streets-hours-teacher-locked-her-141134067.html

I would have sued the police too on this one though.

Feel free to post your own as well.

why would she just leave the school and go wander around town?? That's a pretty dumb decision.

"The police refused, apparently believing that a seven-year-old girl walking around with no adult supervision in the middle of a school day is nothing to be alarmed about."

oh sweet moses.

samaya's family is about to become very wealthy.

if the police department is smart, they'll fire the dispatcher.

NYC new mayor DeBlasio refused to close schools today despite there being a state of emergency in the area due to the winter storm. Every other school system in the area was closed. His reasoning was that too many kids that attend before-care and depend on the free meals they are given. Due to this same storm, most food service trucks were unable to make their deliveries this morning, so the kids ended up going hungry. Good call!

This ass-hat is ruining 20 years of prosperity that NYC has had. He will run it into the ground by driving away it's big business with his crazy tax plans.

“It is pouring snow and de Blasio says no snow day, my 7y old just said ‘I miss Bloomberg,’” recounted one New York parent on Twitter. 

http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-mayor-fends-off-angry-kids-over-snow-day-185105347.html

Smart enough to know if I left school I'd get a nice ass whooping when I got home. Not enough discipline in todays homes. Everybody thinks a good spanking is "child abuse" now.

Wow dude, you are way off tangent now. The school and the police are responsible for this.  As a parent, you hand your kid over to the school as the government expects, then they are responsible to watch over them.

Wow dude, you are way off tangent now. The school and the police are responsible for this. As a parent, you hand your kid over to the school as the government expects, then they are responsible to watch over them.

I'm definitely not saying it's not their fault, because it is. But as a parent don't you think you share even a shred of fault here? I mean, your child DID leave school, and just because you're in 2nd grade doesn't mean you shouldn't know any better...

She's in second grade.  How smart were you at 6 or 7?

Dude, I was in first grade when a kid in my class walked off campus and everyone in my class knew he was just being disobedient and that it was the wrong thing to do. 

Stop making excuses just because they're kids, by 6 or 7 they know right from wrong.

As a parent, you hand your kid over to the school as the government expects, then they are responsible to watch over them.

They're responsible to watch over them, that doesn't take away from the fact that the child needs to be disciplined and held accountable for disobeying the rules.

How have public schools gotten away with the "zero tolerance" BS that leads to automatic suspension -- even in self-defense?

Yeah this has always perplexed me. I guess it's just easier to suspend all parties and call it a "fight" than to actually try to figure out what happened. Happened a lot in my school too. A kid would get punched in the hallway and fall down but still end up getting suspended even though he was just assaulted.

Yeah this has always perplexed me. I guess it's just easier to suspend all parties and call it a "fight" than to actually try to figure out what happened. Happened a lot in my school too. A kid would get punched in the hallway and fall down but still end up getting suspended even though he was just assaulted.

All this does is encourage bullying because the victim isn't go to report it for fear of suspension.