AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
Search | Home | Chat | Blog | Store | Interviews | History Forums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: He is Mike Scioscia, from Upper Darby, Pa., by way of Hell.
- (Added by: pattimelt)

Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player
[Frozen]

Moderators: tomsred, Adam, IEBRUIN, Bruce Nye, Kurt Swanson, Blarg, mancini79

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    AngelsWin -> Los Angeles Angels DailyMessage format

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-20 5:01 PM (#1884003)
Subject: Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player

Hall of Famer

Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0730/play_price_576.jpg 

AngelsWin.com is never short on running contests through the season and offseason. This month we're proud to have teamed up with egraphs.com in an effort to bring recognition to this new way of receiving an autograph from your favorite players electronically.

An egraph is a shared moment between you and your favorite star. It is immortalized forever with a beautiful high resolution photograph, handwritten note, autograph, and personalized voice message. It's his voice, his handwriting, his time — every egraph is one-of-a-kind. Share it, print it, play it ... whatever you want – it’s your egraph.

Whether you want the autograph for yourself or enter the contest in an effort to the win an egraph of an MLB star this holiday season as a gift to a family member or friend, enter our contest today!

Current Angels on egraphs.com

Mark Trumbo
Ernesto Frieri
C.J. Wilson
Howie Kendrick

Here's a list of other players available for an egraph in our contest: https://www.egraphs.com/ - Note if it says "SOLD OUT" over the player's profile picture, that player will not be available for an egraph in this contest.

Here's some examples of Angels egraphs.

Mark Trumbo to Chef Bourdain - https://www.egraphs.com/251
Howie Kendrick to family of fans - https://www.egraphs.com/1373
CJ WIlson PMA - https://www.egraphs.com/454

So here's the details of the contest:

If you could spend the day with an Angels player or other MLB star (on the list of available players for egraphs), who would it be? where would you go and why? What would your first serious question to them be? The top three winners will receive an egraph of their choice from the list of players available here.

Enter in this thread to win! Submit yours by December 1st. The winners will be announced later that day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SO CAL HALOS FAN
Posted 2012-11-20 5:26 PM (#1884015 - in reply to #1884003)
Subject: Re: Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player

Hall of Fame

Jeff Keppinger is already decked out in HALO RED!!!!!

Edited by SO CAL HALOS FAN 2012-11-20 5:27 PM
Halocory22
Posted 2012-11-20 6:56 PM (#1884060 - in reply to #1884003)
Subject: Re: Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player

Hall of Fame

If I could spend a day with a Major Leaguer it would be Sergio Romo of the San Francisco Giants. Hes such a down to Earth guy and truly loves and appreciates the game of baseball. I'd like to spend a day with him and the rest of the Giants at AT&T Park. See how they interact on a daily basis. They're such a close group of teammates that I know for sure it would be a blast. I'd also like to get in on Romoboming and team pranking. My question to him would be a two part question. What batter would you get the most satisfaction in striking out from the past and also in the present.
gabriellecastillo
Posted 2012-11-20 9:12 PM (#1884155 - in reply to #1884003)
Subject: RE: Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player

If I could spend a day with a baseball player, C.J. Wilson would be my first choice. Although experiencing a day in the life of any baseball player would be a once in a lifetime experience to cherish, a day in the life of C.J. Wilson would be that very same experience on a different level. I'd like to see his passion for racing, charity, and photography firsthand. I'd most like to visit his favorite place to shoot and see his photography skills up close. A photographer's favorite place to shoot can give the outsider an insight into the photographer's perspective not just on his or her craft, but how his or her creative mind works. As a fan of baseball, this isn't something that we get the opportunity to be exposed to often. The first serious question I would ask him is: aside from money, what is the very first component of an organization he looks at when he considers a team. After the whirlwind that was the 2011 Winter Meetings, I would love to know what was most important to Mr. Wilson prior to making a commitment to the Angels.
RayCherylC
Posted 2012-11-20 10:21 PM (#1884192 - in reply to #1884003)

Alrighty, for possibly the nooooobiest entry and my first post:

I would (of course) want to spend the day with Torii Hunter. While my daughter is in Troutdysplasia- we would just wait for Torii to come to bat. I would take him to Toms Tacos in Anaheim, hubby wants to take him fishing. We would just want to hear his stories, hear the antics. the one question I would love to know, how does he keep baseball a game and not a job. I mean, we all know he's having a great time! The second question would be, what pitcher has he not hit off of or gotten the greatest satisfaction from getting a hit from.
Angels_Baseball
Posted 2012-11-20 10:25 PM (#1884194 - in reply to #1884003)
Subject: RE: Enter TODAY to WIN an Egraph from your favorite Angels or MLB player

All-Star

If I could spend 1 day with an MLB player, it would be Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee has not only evolved into one of the best and smartest pitchers in the game, he has pitched at the same elite level while traveling from Cleveland to Philly to Seattle to Texas and now back in Philly. Cliff Lee is the closest thing we've seen in the past decade to a prime Greg Maddux and that is special to me because I never got to see him pitch during those years. Watching a pitcher who can absolutely throw any pitch wherever he wants to is one of the craziest things to see in sports. He also went up big time in my book when he chose to go back to the Phillies because he respected the organization and made a decision that would not just benefit himself, but his family. He didn't chase the money and sign with the Yankees like a lot of players would and that means a lot to a fan who is growing up in a time where you see players change teams all the time just for a little bit more money.

I would go to Citizens Bank Park for the day to see Cliff go through a bullpen session to learn and see how he approaches hitters and what he works on to get himself to that point. I wouldn't mind a game of catch in the outfield or meeting some other studs like Halladay, Hamels or Howard, either!

My first serious question would be a ,"Which batter in the league gives you the most trouble? How do you go about approaching the Miguel Cabrera and Joey Votto typed batters?"

Geoff Stoddart
Posted 2012-11-21 7:05 AM (#1884266 - in reply to #1884192)

RayCherylC - 2012-11-20 11:21 PM

Alrighty, for possibly the nooooobiest entry and my first post:

I would (of course) want to spend the day with Torii Hunter. While my daughter is in Troutdysplasia- we would just wait for Torii to come to bat. I would take him to Toms Tacos in Anaheim, hubby wants to take him fishing. We would just want to hear his stories, hear the antics. the one question I would love to know, how does he keep baseball a game and not a job. I mean, we all know he's having a great time! The second question would be, what pitcher has he not hit off of or gotten the greatest satisfaction from getting a hit from.

YES! Welcome!

For everyone else around here, Cheryl is very active in the AngelsWin community on Twitter! We knew with the right contest we'd eventually woo her over!

Congratulations on your first post! Hopefully there will be thousands more to follow.

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-21 7:06 AM (#1884267 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Morning bump. Get yours in today!

I'll close out this contest on December 1st and the winners will be announced as well.
Geoff Stoddart
Posted 2012-11-21 7:08 AM (#1884268 - in reply to #1884155)

gabriellecastillo - 2012-11-20 10:12 PM

If I could spend a day with a baseball player, C.J. Wilson would be my first choice. Although experiencing a day in the life of any baseball player would be a once in a lifetime experience to cherish, a day in the life of C.J. Wilson would be that very same experience on a different level. I'd like to see his passion for racing, charity, and photography firsthand. I'd most like to visit his favorite place to shoot and see his photography skills up close. A photographer's favorite place to shoot can give the outsider an insight into the photographer's perspective not just on his or her craft, but how his or her creative mind works. As a fan of baseball, this isn't something that we get the opportunity to be exposed to often. The first serious question I would ask him is: aside from money, what is the very first component of an organization he looks at when he considers a team. After the whirlwind that was the 2011 Winter Meetings, I would love to know what was most important to Mr. Wilson prior to making a commitment to the Angels.

Gabrielle, I would be remiss if I didn't also welcome you to the board and congratulate you on your first post! Thank you for joining our community!

Geoff Stoddart
Posted 2012-11-21 8:00 AM (#1884294 - in reply to #1884003)

If I could meet any player it would be Mark Trumbo. Where would you go and why? Well ...

We'd pack up all of our guitar gear and head out to the MGM in Vegas for Rock-n-Roll Fantasy Camp. On our way we'd discuss how we really wouldn't want to get stuck with some lame camp counselor like Bret Michaels. This would lead us to the realization that we'd need to bring our own camp counselor. Knowing there was only one person up for the job, we'd stop on the way and pick up Thrice drummer Riley Breckenridge. Musical genius would ensue, we'd cut an albums worth of material, the album would go quadruple platinum and bring me to the point of asking Mark my first serious question: If you had your choice of being a world famous rock star or an All Star baseball player, which would you pick and why?

If you haven't seen Mark rockin' the 6 string, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi3gzBC8UGM

peaceful_flower
Posted 2012-11-21 12:46 PM (#1884470 - in reply to #1884003)

Hey Angels fans!!  As most of the regulars here at AngelsWin.com know, C. J. Wilson is my favorite Angels player.  For those of you new to us - welcome!!  This (http://bit.ly/LVFs6F) is a link to an article I wrote for our wonderful fan site about how I came to be an Angels fan and why, when I received my @egraphs from CJ,  it meant so very much to me.  I was literally floored by what he wrote and recorded, especially since the person who purchased it for me didn't suggest what he should say, but chose the "speak from the heart" option when ordering it.  This is the link to see and hear my egraph   (egraphs.com/493)  These things are so cool... and the framed version you can order for an additional cost are great - very high quality, complete with a QR code that you can swipe with your phone to play the audio message (which is different from what the player writes on the front.)

So yeah... they are way cool and I will certainly treasure mine for a longtime to come.  I wish those of you entering the contest the best of luck!

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-21 1:35 PM (#1884493 - in reply to #1884470)

Hall of Famer

peaceful_flower - 2012-11-21 12:46 PM

Hey Angels fans!!  As most of the regulars here at AngelsWin.com know, C. J. Wilson is my favorite Angels player.  For those of you new to us - welcome!!  This (http://bit.ly/LVFs6F) is a link to an article I wrote for our wonderful fan site about how I came to be an Angels fan and why, when I received my @egraphs from CJ,  it meant so very much to me.  I was literally floored by what he wrote and recorded, especially since the person who purchased it for me didn't suggest what he should say, but chose the "speak from the heart" option when ordering it.  This is the link to see and hear my egraph   (egraphs.com/493)  These things are so cool... and the framed version you can order for an additional cost are great - very high quality, complete with a QR code that you can swipe with your phone to play the audio message (which is different from what the player writes on the front.)

So yeah... they are way cool and I will certainly treasure mine for a longtime to come.  I wish those of you entering the contest the best of luck!

Thanks for posting, Lily! :)
Soto Speaks
Posted 2012-11-21 2:26 PM (#1884517 - in reply to #1884003)

It would have to be Torii. I don't think i've ever seen my two daughters light up like they did at Spring Training when they were the only two around and he popped out of the batting cage. The great thing is, he had a smile as big as theirs, seeing them jump around. It brought tears to my eyes.
They were so excited after spending an awesome weekend at ST (our first), but seeing and meeting Torii that made them ST lifers. It's video that we watch frequently because they are such big fans of his. As I've recounted here before, he gave them each a batting glove and signed it. It was an incredible moment for all of us. They were sky high the whole ride back home from Tempe.

I wanted to say that I'd take him to Del Taco, since we know he loves it, and we'd love to treat him to dinner for his generosity (I know DT doesn't really say thank you like Morton's steakhouse). But honestly, I've come to see a different side of him on his Twitter, with his faith. While I am far from religious, I think it would be an inspirational time to attend his church with him. Torii looks like a man who can't enjoy life any more than he is, and if that is because he is inspired from a divine source, it may be worth trying. I'd like to smile like Torii does, and enjoy life like he seems to. Despite his adversity over the summer with one of his kids, he came back and still showed that positive attitude and winning spirit. The man has taken his lumps for the DPs and the untimely hitting before his resurgence, but he's always had a smile and been a loyal supporter.

My first question would be what keeps him mentally strong, despite struggles at the plate, and missing a lot of his boys' lives growing up? How does he maintain his positivity, and if it is his faith, how does he stay focused it while spending so much time on the road? I'd also like to know his future plans when he has to hang up his spikes. He seems like a great managerial candidate. How hard will it be for him to walk away from the game?
mtangelsfan
Posted 2012-11-21 4:18 PM (#1884554 - in reply to #1884003)

I would choose Adam Kennedy.  He is part of Angels lore and I would love to meet him at Angels Stadium and go out to the left field bleachers and ask him about those three home runs.  Adam is part of pretty much every Angels fan favorite season.  I would love to ask him about those at bats and the entire season. 
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-21 4:25 PM (#1884557 - in reply to #1884554)

Hall of Famer

mtangelsfan - 2012-11-21 4:18 PM

I would choose Adam Kennedy.  He is part of Angels lore and I would love to meet him at Angels Stadium and go out to the left field bleachers and ask him about those three home runs.  Adam is part of pretty much every Angels fan favorite season.  I would love to ask him about those at bats and the entire season. 

I've had a few beers with him at the Fox Sports Grill. Great guy. He's stalked our Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball feature a few times.
Bruce Nye
Posted 2012-11-21 4:42 PM (#1884560 - in reply to #1884003)

I would like to send either Peter Bourjos' or K-Mo's Egraph to Chonito. The lady has had an awful year suffering from intense back pain for which she has not had a satisfactory response as to pain relief. So her current life is on a bed and hoping the Demoral and Valium help. As you all know she is confined to a wheelchair - on her good days. If this year hasn't been painful enough, she lost her husband to cancer this year as well. It would be nothing short of terrific to give this to Chonito. I'll do whatever is necessary to do it for her.
tshurtz51
Posted 2012-11-21 4:54 PM (#1884561 - in reply to #1884194)

AZL Angels

Angels_Baseball - 2012-11-20 10:25 PM

If I could spend 1 day with an MLB player, it would be Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee has not only evolved into one of the best and smartest pitchers in the game, he has pitched at the same elite level while traveling from Cleveland to Philly to Seattle to Texas and now back in Philly. Cliff Lee is the closest thing we've seen in the past decade to a prime Greg Maddux and that is special to me because I never got to see him pitch during those years. Watching a pitcher who can absolutely throw any pitch wherever he wants to is one of the craziest things to see in sports. He also went up big time in my book when he chose to go back to the Phillies because he respected the organization and made a decision that would not just benefit himself, but his family. He didn't chase the money and sign with the Yankees like a lot of players would and that means a lot to a fan who is growing up in a time where you see players change teams all the time just for a little bit more money.

I would go to Citizens Bank Park for the day to see Cliff go through a bullpen session to learn and see how he approaches hitters and what he works on to get himself to that point. I wouldn't mind a game of catch in the outfield or meeting some other studs like Halladay, Hamels or Howard, either!

My first serious question would be a ,"Which batter in the league gives you the most trouble? How do you go about approaching the Miguel Cabrera and Joey Votto typed batters?"

He was also in the Expos system before being traded to the Indians.
TheCoach-HaloHonk
Posted 2012-11-21 9:52 PM (#1884636 - in reply to #1884003)

I would like to spend the day with Mark Trumbo. Simply put I would ask him straight out how it feels to be able to hit balls farther than a scud missile can be launched! We would then proceed to have lunch at Cortina's Italian Market in Orange and then off to the batting cages for some shop talk regarding the mental and physical approach to hitting.

Keeping it real - ultimate Angel Fan here.
FabulousFabregas
Posted 2012-11-22 1:00 AM (#1884661 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Fame

Mine would be Mark Trumbo. Right when he debuted I was immediately drawn to him. I still remember his first big league at bat in September 2010 in one of those throwaway games when we were out of the race, back when he was #37. A couple of months into 2011, he became one of my favorite Angels. As everybody knows on here, I am very loyal to my favorites (cough Napoli cough). I've always been a big fan of home run hitting Angels, and Trumbo's humble and mature demeanor gained him my respect. He actually reminds me a lot of my cousin Richard, who has served in the Navy. He seems like one of the genuinely cool guys in the league, not one of generic jock types. When it comes to Trumbo's career, while I was very excited when we signed Albert Pujols, the first thing I thought is 'Where will Trumbo play? Will we keep him?' I had even thought up the scenario of him moving to 3B a month or two earlier on here while Pujols/Fielder were on the market as a way for us to keep him in the case that we signed one of them. Mark actually trying the daunting task of learning 3B on the fly (after having no preparation in the offseason due to injury) this season was great, a totally selfless move by a team player. I specifically made a point during spring training to watch every single televised inning that he played defense at third because I was so worried that they would trade him if it didn't work out. When he made that diving play in one of the early spring training games at third I was thrilled. While I and many others on here were angry at Mike Scioscia for not playing Trumbo every day in April, Trumbo stayed professional and did his job when given the chance to play. Fortunately Mark was able to find a new home in the outfield, keeping him in Anaheim.

Two of my favorite Angels moments in the last few years were Trumbo homers. Trumbo's walk off homer in August 2011 against Texas that kept us in the division race, and his walk off home run against the Yankees in May. I think the last time I'd been that excited is when we swept the Red Sox in 2009. Not only is he one of my favorite Angels, but we seem to have the same taste in music (rock and roll). If I could hang out with him for a day I'd love to go to a concert with him, go see a young band like Thrice or a veteran act like Alice In Chains or Social Distortion. I'd love to just talk music with him, along with baseball of course. It's easy for me to relate to him and root for him with the common interests and him being from Orange County.
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-23 11:49 AM (#1884987 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Keep em coming guys & gals!
adrianshannon
Posted 2012-11-23 12:12 PM (#1884999 - in reply to #1884003)

i will WIN thank you
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-23 5:06 PM (#1885087 - in reply to #1884999)

Hall of Famer

adrianshannon - 2012-11-23 12:12 PM

i will WIN thank you

Not if you don't submit an entry.
cmb776
Posted 2012-11-24 5:43 PM (#1885312 - in reply to #1884003)

If I could spend a day with any MLB player, it would be CJ Wilson. I am a Texas Rangers fan but since he signed with the Angels, I have followed the Angels. This team was very exciting to watch and I quickly became a fan of the entire team and enjoyed interacting with the fans on twitter.
Living in Dallas I witnessed first hand the negative comments in the media and public opinion of him. I was upset and even ashamed of it. I could not believe the Rangers fans could treat a player who selflessly had given so much of himself to the DFW community that way. He is such a positive role model and never once sunk to their level. That impressed me even more. I will forever be a fan. So, I would like to ask him how he stays so positive under the constant media and fan pressure. I would also like to talk with him about photography.
nato2k
Posted 2012-11-24 5:58 PM (#1885317 - in reply to #1884560)

Hall of Fame

AIR - 2012-11-21 4:42 PM

I would like to send either Peter Bourjos' or K-Mo's Egraph to Chonito. The lady has had an awful year suffering from intense back pain for which she has not had a satisfactory response as to pain relief. So her current life is on a bed and hoping the Demoral and Valium help. As you all know she is confined to a wheelchair - on her good days. If this year hasn't been painful enough, she lost her husband to cancer this year as well. It would be nothing short of terrific to give this to Chonito. I'll do whatever is necessary to do it for her.

+1. She absolutely deserves it.
peaceful_flower
Posted 2012-11-24 6:11 PM (#1885321 - in reply to #1884003)

Just want to give a quick welcome shout out to Gabrielle, Cheryl and Christine... it's about time we got a little more estrogen up in here... just sayin'... ;-b

peaceful_flower
Posted 2012-11-24 6:15 PM (#1885322 - in reply to #1884561)

tshurtz51 - 2012-11-21 6:54 PM
Angels_Baseball - 2012-11-20 10:25 PM If I could spend 1 day with an MLB player, it would be Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee has not only evolved into one of the best and smartest pitchers in the game, he has pitched at the same elite level while traveling from Cleveland to Philly to Seattle to Texas and now back in Philly. Cliff Lee is the closest thing we've seen in the past decade to a prime Greg Maddux and that is special to me because I never got to see him pitch during those years. Watching a pitcher who can absolutely throw any pitch wherever he wants to is one of the craziest things to see in sports. He also went up big time in my book when he chose to go back to the Phillies because he respected the organization and made a decision that would not just benefit himself, but his family. He didn't chase the money and sign with the Yankees like a lot of players would and that means a lot to a fan who is growing up in a time where you see players change teams all the time just for a little bit more money. I would go to Citizens Bank Park for the day to see Cliff go through a bullpen session to learn and see how he approaches hitters and what he works on to get himself to that point. I wouldn't mind a game of catch in the outfield or meeting some other studs like Halladay, Hamels or Howard, either! My first serious question would be a ,"Which batter in the league gives you the most trouble? How do you go about approaching the Miguel Cabrera and Joey Votto typed batters?"
He was also in the Expos system before being traded to the Indians.

Tanner... your choice of avitars here proves beyond a reasonable doubt what I've long suspected... you are too warped for color TV... probably why you fit in so well here  ;-D

Vegas Halo Fan
Posted 2012-11-24 6:35 PM (#1885326 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Fame

I would spend a day with Howie Kendrick. We are from the same city, and I'm sure have some of the same memories.
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-26 12:22 AM (#1885645 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

OK guys, last full week before I submit the top three winners to egraphs for a personal autograph from your favorite baseball player like you've never had one.

December 3rd is the day!
Adam
Posted 2012-11-26 6:41 AM (#1885666 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Fame

Mota
judywatts55
Posted 2012-11-26 11:53 AM (#1885789 - in reply to #1884003)

Sheesh, I just now figured out how to get in here! (Okay, so I'm potentially blog-challenged!) I would love to spend a day with Mark Trumbo. He is so humble, and he is certainly aware of the challenges faced by women with breast cancer. I would love to just go to lunch with him somewhere (with my almost-13-year-old son, of course!) and with his mom as well, if she's up for it. Mark's mom and I have breast cancer in common. I finished my treatments about 1-1/2 years ago, and I was so blessed to be named the Angels' Honorary Bat Girl last Mother's Day! My first question for Mark would be, "How's your mom?" because I know that is one of the top things on his mind.

The other Angel I would love to spend time with would be Howie Kendrick. I know Howie is involved in animal rescue/welfare issues, and I have two rescue Beagles and six rescue kitties at home (I had three rescue Beagles until last week when my Sierra had to be put down -- suspected cancer, liver problems, and autoimmune disease). I would love to go with him on one of his visits to the shelters his foundation supports, and help out for a day with the animals. My first question would be something related to his photography hobby, like "I'd love to see your recent photos. Do you have any I could view?" Also, I would thank him again for being on the panel that chose me as the Honorary Bat Girl.

I'd love to receive an egraph from either one (or both!!!) of these awesome athletes!
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-26 11:07 PM (#1886160 - in reply to #1885789)

Hall of Famer

judywatts55 - 2012-11-26 11:53 AM

Sheesh, I just now figured out how to get in here! (Okay, so I'm potentially blog-challenged!) I would love to spend a day with Mark Trumbo. He is so humble, and he is certainly aware of the challenges faced by women with breast cancer. I would love to just go to lunch with him somewhere (with my almost-13-year-old son, of course!) and with his mom as well, if she's up for it. Mark's mom and I have breast cancer in common. I finished my treatments about 1-1/2 years ago, and I was so blessed to be named the Angels' Honorary Bat Girl last Mother's Day! My first question for Mark would be, "How's your mom?" because I know that is one of the top things on his mind.

The other Angel I would love to spend time with would be Howie Kendrick. I know Howie is involved in animal rescue/welfare issues, and I have two rescue Beagles and six rescue kitties at home (I had three rescue Beagles until last week when my Sierra had to be put down -- suspected cancer, liver problems, and autoimmune disease). I would love to go with him on one of his visits to the shelters his foundation supports, and help out for a day with the animals. My first question would be something related to his photography hobby, like "I'd love to see your recent photos. Do you have any I could view?" Also, I would thank him again for being on the panel that chose me as the Honorary Bat Girl.

I'd love to receive an egraph from either one (or both!!!) of these awesome athletes!

Good stuff, Judy! ^^^
OregonLAA
Posted 2012-11-26 11:50 PM (#1886177 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Fame

I would love to spend a day with Mark Trumbo. Not only does he seem like a laid back guy, but I respect him as a ball player. I follow him on Twitter and he suggests bands or just tweets what he is listening to and I usually love the music he talks about. It makes the choice of where to go a bit easier. I would love to go to a concert with one of my favorite players. One of my favorite stories is the one about him and Riley from Thrice. I love that he brought him onto the field where he was able to meet an Angel legend like Tim Salmon. That was an awesome gesture by Trumbo and that's what makes him seem like such a humble guy. He seems like he would be easy to get along with and carry a conversation with. My favorite players are guys that seem approachable and love the game. And he fits that profile perfectly. I remember after a loss in Texas he was frustrated and made some comments about the team and how they needed to start playing with fire. He has a leader mentality and an incredible work ethic. As a fan, I love seeing a guy who is working as hard as they can to improve in every area of their game. He doesn't take what he has for granted and he works on it and he isn't going to let anyone tell him what he can or can't do. I don't like missing any of his at bats and I'm in awe with some of his home runs.
My questions would be about how it feels to play for your favorite team growing up and how tough would it have been to play somewhere else. As a young man who played baseball in high school, I always dreamed of playing in the big leagues and constantly feared about being drafted by the Yankees or Red Sox (Obviously dreams).
Not only do I love watching him at the plate and watching him get better year after year, but I respect him as a person and an athlete. That seems a little more rare these days to find players like that. I hope to see him in an Angel's uniform for a very long time and I can't wait to see what he does in 2013 and beyond.
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-27 9:40 AM (#1886274 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Good stuff Oregon!
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-11-28 10:09 PM (#1887574 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Just a daily reminder and bump, the contest ends next Monday morning at 9 am. Get your submissions in by then.
Geoff Stoddart
Posted 2012-12-02 6:27 PM (#1890108 - in reply to #1887574)

Ok ... last chance to enter. Deadline is 9am PT tomorrow morning!

nolan_fan
Posted 2012-12-03 8:43 AM (#1890391 - in reply to #1884003)

If I had the opportunity to hang for the day with a player from the list of eGraphs players, I'd have to pick Mark Trumbo.

I'd have a full day mapped out for us. He's a local guy and played in the same district (District 30) that my son does for little league. My son's team (Orange Little League) actually won the District 30 title on their way to becoming State Champions in the summer of 2012. I'm putting together a highlight DVD of their remarkable run. So the first serious question I'd ask Mark would be to record a video or audio (egraph) message for the boys that I could include on the DVD.

Angels honor So. Cal. State Champions District 30 Champions

Next season there is a new little league division (Intermediate) that my son will be participating in and I'll be managing. So I'd start the day with Mark hosting a hitting clinic for the boys.

After that we'd have to make a stop at my house so I could show him my Angels game room. It's been featured in the OC Register and visited by none other than our own Angelswin.com guru, Chuck Richter. I have a ball that Trumbo hit for a home run in batting practice that I'd have him sign and I'd also have to start some sort of wall of fame in my game rooom for him to sign. We'd have some beers from my kegerator and then make our way to the next stop.

Chuck Richter OC Register article

Ideally this would happen on December 16th, 2012 as a friend of mine hosts a Christmas fundraiser for a local children's hospital collecting toys and donations. The event takes place at my friend's bar, Paul's Cocktails. He puts together a band to perform at this once a year event. I've actually met Mark at Paul's Cocktails before. It would be great to have Mark perform a few songs with the band and I'd join in to sing with them as well. After that, we'd spend the rest of the day having beers, tequilla, and talking Angels baseball. I'd ask him some serious questions I'd like to know including if he now believes in the HR Derby curse, if he plans to work anymore on playing third base, and if he thinks Albert should move to third base. I'd also like to find out what he thinks of the BBWAA voting screwing him out of ROY award and Trout out of the MVP award. I'd probably mention something about OC Register writer Mark Whicker voting for Cabrera for MVP too and get his thoughts on that.

Party Mark Trumbo & Peter Bourjos at Paul's Cocktails

Edited by nolan_fan 2012-12-03 9:32 AM
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-12-03 9:00 AM (#1890416 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Extending this till 12 noon today. That's the final deadline though.
Geoff Stoddart
Posted 2012-12-03 9:06 AM (#1890425 - in reply to #1890416)

Chuck - 2012-12-03 10:00 AM

LOL!

You're killin' me Smalls!

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-12-03 9:08 AM (#1890431 - in reply to #1890425)

Hall of Famer

SpiritOf2002 - 2012-12-03 9:06 AM

Chuck - 2012-12-03 10:00 AM

LOL!

You're killin' me Smalls!

Last deadline, promise. :-)
Black Beard
Posted 2012-12-03 10:05 AM (#1890482 - in reply to #1890431)

I would choose Mark Trumbo.  Since it is the holidays we would go out and get a huge amount of toys for kids in the local hospitals and for underprivileged kids.  Then we would get family and friends together (including some of the gang from AngelsWin.com) and jet to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and have an all star concert with all of his favorite groups.  We would have dinner catered by Anthony Bourdain, Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentiis, Mario Batali, and Wolfgang Puck.

The first question I would ask is if he always wanted to have baseball as his career and if not then what was his alternate choices for a career.  We would then discuss his best moments in baseball and his best baseball memories. I would also ask him what he really thinks of Mike Scioscia and many of Mike's lame decisions over the last year. 

After all of this we would jet to Las Vegas and see some shows and try the hand with lady luck and hit up some poker tables.

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-12-03 11:14 AM (#1890582 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Less than an hour peeps. Enter today and win one for a loved one, friend or yourself.
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-12-03 12:09 PM (#1890640 - in reply to #1884003)

Hall of Famer

Contest is over.

Our judges will decide the winners and announce them before EOD.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Angelswin.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)