AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
Search | Home | Chat | Blog | Store | Interviews | History Forums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything." -Toby Harrah
- (Added by: Biergott)

Frazier Hall Thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   AngelsWin -> Los Angeles Angels Prospect TalkMessage format

lewiss
Posted 2012-03-08 9:58 AM (#1560890)
Subject: Frazier Hall Thread

Orem Owlz

It's a new year and, as such, time for a new Frazier Hall thread. I noted Angelswin now has Frazier as the Angels #21 prospect. The only 1B ahead of Hall on the list is 2011 1st round pick C.J.Cron which is pretty good for a 16th round southern boy after only one year of pro ball. I am anxious to see if Frazier starts out in San Bernardino or Cedar Rapids when minor league camp breaks up. Hey CT, when does Frazier report in and is he ready for another year? Do you think Frazier will show more power this year? Are the Angels going to try to change his position to catcher?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-08 10:28 AM (#1560911 - in reply to #1560890)
Subject: RE: New Frazier Hall Thread

Orem Owlz

-ORIGINAL POSTING-
It's a new year and, as such, time for a new Frazier Hall thread. I noted Angelswin now has Frazier as the Angels #21 prospect. The only 1B ahead of Hall on the list is 2011 1st round pick C.J.Cron which is pretty good for a 16th round southern boy after only one year of pro ball. I am anxious to see if Frazier starts out in San Bernardino or Cedar Rapids when minor league camp breaks up. Hey CT, when does Frazier report in and is he ready for another year? Do you think Frazier will show more power this year? Are the Angels going to try to change his position to catcher?

When does Frazier report in and is he ready for another year?

-Yes… 2012 is here… and Frazier is “there”… in Tempe.

-He came to camp early (on February 28) to get acclimated and some extra work.

-One of the first (Front Office) people he met was Scott Servais… that told him that he was reviewing his file and he liked what he had seen… and that he (Frazier) may see at couple of AB’s this spring (the 100% assumption on that comment was with the big club).

-CJ Cron was sent back to rehab (?IR?)… and don’t know how long that will last.

-Frazier was bumped up to Mini Camp yesterday… which IF I got this right, is the holding tank for the big club. So he went from early arrival, to practicing with the “early arrivals” to Mini Camp… with the potiential of a few AB’s with the big club.

-Jury is out on where Frazier will start out at… who knows with CJ on IR.

Do you think Frazier will show more power this year?

-Frazier worked really hard this offseason on his strength and speed… and went to school too (to finish up his last few hours of his degree in Broadcasting and Communications). His days were busy with lifting, hitting, running and school work.

-He told me that he went into PHX a little heavy… knowing that with all the running he would drop about 10+ lbs. He said that any fat he had has been falling off him with the amount of running that he has been doing. He is most likely at 215 lbs about now.

-I know that he is a lot stronger… and my assumption is that his power should improve. He reminds himself constantly that he hit 12-15 balls to the warning track or off the wall that needs a little more power to make the wall.

Are the Angels going to try to change his position to catcher?

-Frazier has been playing 1B only… but Scott Servais verified that he played C and could play the OF (along with 3B).

charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-08 10:36 AM (#1560919 - in reply to #1560890)
Subject: Re: New Frazier Hall Thread

Orem Owlz

Question... Where is it said "...Angelswin now has Frazier as the Angels #21 prospect..."?

I want to show my wife... in order to lower her blood pressure on Frazier's future (LOL).
lewiss
Posted 2012-03-08 11:09 AM (#1560948 - in reply to #1560919)

Orem Owlz

CT: The Angelswin prospect list is on the thread just after this in the Future Stars Forum. I believe that list does not yet provide individual evaluations for those in the 20's. It's great to get your updates on Frazier again.

p.s.. So with Cron not available, Trumbo at 3rd, and Kendry at DH, can we say Frazier is now the backup to Albert Pujols? :)
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-08 1:44 PM (#1561075 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

I kind of like that idea...

"So with Cron not available, Trumbo at 3rd, and Kendry at DH, can we say Frazier is now the backup to Albert Pujols? :)"

Maybe then I can get Frazier off my payroll... LOL

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-03-08 8:54 PM (#1561272 - in reply to #1560890)

Hall of Famer

Hey Charles, hope to finally meet your son on Saturday night for our AngelsWin.com Fanfest Dinner. I guess David Saltzer reached out to Frazier and he said he's coming.

Here's the link you were looking for, Charles. http://www.angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/angelswincoms-top-50-...

We'll have the complete writeups and scouting reports before the end of the month for all 30-1 prospects.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-08 9:15 PM (#1561287 - in reply to #1561272)

Orem Owlz

I spoke to Frazier tonight... and he said that he was going to call David to get the details for the events.

I know that Frazier is excited to be part of the events... and most certainly be an Angel.

Get Frazier to tell you some Southern University Coach Roger Cador stories... he'll keep you laughing.

Ask him about... Damn it Ozzie!, Richard Simmons in the Houston airport and If you want to run fast, you got to run fast.

And, finally... thanks for the link.

Halo Tank
Posted 2012-03-11 4:29 AM (#1562149 - in reply to #1560890)

Hall of Fame

Frazier made a very good impression on all of us tonight. What a nice young man. Had a nice brief chat with him and I came away very impressed with him humility. David saltier tried to get Frazier to tell some Tom kotchman stories...all he could do was politely explained that kotchman stories couldn't be repeated, though he managed to tell one small story.

Ladies, you're going to like this kid.

Oh yeah, he also reminded me a lot of a very young Phil Michelson.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-11 9:59 AM (#1562165 - in reply to #1562149)

Orem Owlz

Thank you for the kind words.

It has been a lot of fun being Frazier Hall's dad (...and all my kids for that fact). I blinked my eyes and Frazier is all grown up... what happened!

Kotch ranks at the top of baseball coaches in Frazier's life... he is a man with a heart for his players.

Kotch speaks (baseball and life) to players hearts... if those players will allow themselves to listen.

I know a couple of those stories... Frazier did good to keep them in the clubhouse.

His college coach stories are good too... Coach Roger Cador's sermon "If you want to run fast, your got ta run fast!"

"Phil Michelson"... that'll work.

charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-11 10:01 AM (#1562166 - in reply to #1562165)

Orem Owlz

Oh, forgot to mention... Frazier was notified that he will be playing with the Big Club today (Sunday).

I am in WashDC for the weekend, but my hotel gets the MLB Channel... I hope that I finish my day early enough to catch the game with the hope that he plays.

ScottyAllenLAAI
Posted 2012-03-11 4:37 PM (#1562297 - in reply to #1560890)

All-Star

Good to see Frazier out there today. In the later inning the ump's strike zone became very much enlarged, so I won't take anything away from his AB.
pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-12 5:24 PM (#1562822 - in reply to #1560890)

All-Star

I got to meet Frazier at the shindig.. and then talked to him today at the minor league fields. I have the game recorded on my DVR, and will burn to DVD when I get home and send him a copy.

He's a good kid. Hope to see him with the 66ers on opening day!!!!
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-03-13 12:43 AM (#1563017 - in reply to #1560890)

Hall of Famer

Charles, you should be very proud of your son. He came across extremely humble and respectful to everyone this past Saturday night. I'll post the video interview once I get it uploaded. Tons of pictures to come too, but here's one of Frazier speaking to the crowd of 125 AngelsWin.com members.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/429359_3367132573587_1127344064_33406329_62698014_n.jpg

Bruce Nye
Posted 2012-03-13 11:33 AM (#1563221 - in reply to #1560890)

We were all very impressed with your son, Charles. As Tank commented, Frazier is going to break some ladies' hearts. What a terrific personality.

He seems really excited to be an Angel and the club really likes him.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-13 6:58 PM (#1563449 - in reply to #1562297)

Orem Owlz

ORIGINAL THREAD
Good to see Frazier out there today. In the later inning the ump's strike zone became very much enlarged, so I won't take anything away from his AB.

RESPONSE:
I was in Washington DC for the weekend... and, ended up ditching a meeting to go to the bar and watch the game.

Frazier and I had a good laugh later that night... I told him that his worst nightmare came true (striking out on his first MLB AB on national TV) and now that he got that out of the way... its all upside from here on out! LOL

ORIGINAL THREAD
I got to meet Frazier at the shindig.. and then talked to him today at the minor league fields. I have the game recorded on my DVR, and will burn to DVD when I get home and send him a copy.

He's a good kid. Hope to see him with the 66ers on opening day!!!!

RESPONSE:
Frazier told me that you recorded the game and was going to make him a copy. Thank you very much for your kindness. That will go in his memory box for when he is fat and old… but, only after my wife and I privately gloat a couple of times (LOL).

I too hope that he is with the 66ers… this year I have to come to SoCal several times. In April I have to come to Palm Springs, so I will fly into LAX and drive to Palm Springs with a stop at IE!

ORIGINAL THREAD
Charles, you should be very proud of your son. He came across extremely humble and respectful to everyone this past Saturday night. I'll post the video interview once I get it uploaded. Tons of pictures to come too, but here's one of Frazier speaking to the crowd of 125 AngelsWin.com members

RESPONSE:
My wife and I are so thankful that Frazier has chosen the path (humility being part of that path) that he is traveling.

Any Frazier Hall “stuff” is very welcomed… and, many thanks for your thoughtfulness.

I will leak something… Because he is a Broadcasting and Communications major, he wrote out some thoughts and had me take a look.

Here they are:

Good Evening… again, my name is Frazier Hall and as my Dad says… “this is the first time than I can honestly be said to be an Angel” … a Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim of course.

I am from Baton Rouge, Louisiana… …home of the LSU Tigers. …the former home of a number of politicians that now have zip codes issued by the Federal Correction System. …and were we spell “Go” ….“G E A U X”.

I mentioned LSU… but I played baseball in college for the “other” school in Baton Rouge… Southern University. Southern University is a Historically Black School (or HBCU) and as you can see that I am a Historically White Guy (or HWG). I didn’t go to Southern to be a movie star, but instead to learn to play baseball from the legendary college baseball coach Roger Cador. The things I learned at Southern have greatly benefited me… I learned to honor and respect the game. I learned that my teammates are my brothers. I learned that the fans are my family. And, I learned that if you want to run fast, you got to run fast.

As many of you may know… I just finished my Rookie year last season. I was blessed with the opportunity to play for another legendary baseball mind… my Skipper Tom Kotchman, who is the Short Season A Field Manager. Skip taught me… that playing professionally baseball is the greatest job in the world. That there is nothing better than sleeping all night long on a bus. And, that if they don’t sell all the concessions, its all the hot dogs you can eat!

I want to thank the Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim organization for believing in me enough to draft me. I want to thank you Angel fans for all your warm greetings and support for the Angels. I look forward to visiting with many of you through out the night.

ORIGINAL THREAD
We were all very impressed with your son, Charles. As Tank commented, Frazier is going to break some ladies' hearts. What a terrific personality. He seems really excited to be an Angel and the club really likes him.

RESPONSE:
Many thanks for your kind words… and he is very excited to be an Angel, and is very thankful that the Angels believed in him enough to draft him and believe enough in him to mentor and teach him how to be a better ball player.

ORIGINAL THREAD
Here are SOME of the pics I took of Frazier during this past weekend..

RESPONSE:
Did I miss a link or something…? No “pics”

pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-13 7:00 PM (#1563453 - in reply to #1560890)

All-Star

ok.. so the pics didn't show up.. I posted them to his facebook page, so they are there..
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-13 7:24 PM (#1563465 - in reply to #1563453)

Orem Owlz

Angels.Win.Com Facebook?

Where...? in the photos?
pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-13 7:31 PM (#1563471 - in reply to #1563465)

All-Star

charlesthall - 2012-03-13 7:24 PM

Angels.Win.Com Facebook?

Where...? in the photos?

On FRAZIER's FB page.. I requested him and he accepted.. so I put them there for him. Will burn the dvd tomorrow and send it on it's way..
Flyinraptr
Posted 2012-03-13 8:37 PM (#1563502 - in reply to #1560890)

Salt Lake Bees

Got a chance to meet Frazier at the Fanfest. What a great kid! Hope to see him in Anaheim in the near future.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-13 8:42 PM (#1563504 - in reply to #1563502)

Orem Owlz

Thanks... I am excited for him, and appreciate all the good people that has come into his life.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-13 8:46 PM (#1563508 - in reply to #1563471)

Orem Owlz

I figure it out... Great pictures... and a couple of goofy looks too! LOL
Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-03-13 11:32 PM (#1563577 - in reply to #1560890)

Hall of Famer

Here's some high quality ones. I'll have the video interview with Frazier up next Monday!

http://desertsky.smugmug.com/Sports/Baseball/2011-03-10-Angels-Fan-Fest/i-sGFGDXC/0/XL/IMG7387-XL.jpg

http://desertsky.smugmug.com/Sports/Baseball/2011-03-10-Angels-Fan-Fest/i-Pms6TLr/0/L/IMG7342-L.jpg

http://desertsky.smugmug.com/Sports/Baseball/2011-03-10-Angels-Fan-Fest/i-SL7f2Kc/0/L/IMG7335-L.jpg

http://desertsky.smugmug.com/Sports/Baseball/2011-03-10-Angels-Fan-Fest/i-KL9N4s8/0/L/IMG7336-L.jpg

charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-14 1:00 PM (#1563850 - in reply to #1563577)

Orem Owlz

Wow... who is that kid?

This is the one that I remember... LOL

Flyinraptr
Posted 2012-03-15 12:50 PM (#1564292 - in reply to #1560890)

Salt Lake Bees

LOL - I sure he's thrilled about you posting that one!
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-16 10:49 AM (#1564664 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

Frazier Hall got the call this morning that he will be playing with the Big Club today... Nice wake up call!

Yesterday, in a MiLB game... he took a 0-2 count and extended it to a 11 pitch AB and "Walked". Then he hit a two run "Bomb"... good day at the office.

Flyinraptr
Posted 2012-03-16 11:01 AM (#1564673 - in reply to #1560890)

Salt Lake Bees

That's awesome - hope he has a good day again!
Dave Saltzer
Posted 2012-03-16 12:17 PM (#1564726 - in reply to #1564664)

All-Star

charlesthall - 2012-03-16 10:49 AMFrazier Hall got the call this morning that he will be playing with the Big Club today... Nice wake up call!Yesterday, in a MiLB game... he took a 0-2 count and extended it to a 11 pitch AB and "Walked". Then he hit a two run "Bomb"... good day at the office.

That's GREAT news! He made a lot of fans at the Fanfest, and I know a lot of people will be pulling for him to have a big day today.

Congrats. We are all very proud of him.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-16 6:43 PM (#1565119 - in reply to #1564664)

Orem Owlz

Frazier didn't get in the game today against the Padres.

He said that it was a heart breaker in that they allowed the Padres to make a come back.

He really enjoyed being able to study the pitching (at this level) by means of not playing...

And, of course he wouldn't want to make a habit of riding pine, but it was a great opportunity to be a student of the game.

Frazier will be at the IE Fan Fest tomorrow... and is looking forward to visiting with IE supporters.

My guess is that... since he is practicing with IE... invited to the IE Fan Fest... that it is very likely that he will be going to IE.

Finally, Frazier can not stop talking about what a great organization (and fans) the Angels are.

pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-16 7:38 PM (#1565152 - in reply to #1560890)

All-Star

Yay!!! That means I'll get to see him!!! (Poor Kid!!)
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-17 5:54 PM (#1565483 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

I figure that IF Frazier ends up in IE... the logo could be retrofitted to accommodate someone from Louisiana... see below. LOL!
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-18 6:20 PM (#1565752 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

Not that this is Angels related... but, the owner of the Lacrosse Loggers (Northwood League / College Wood Bat Summer League) was in Phoenix for Spring Training... and he called up Frazier to have dinner tonight (Sunday). Frazier played for the Lacrosse Loggers the summer of his junior year of college and had one of the best baseball (and life) experiences that any young man could have.

What a great idea to give college baseball players a taste for what awaits them in the minor leagues. The Logger average game attendance was in the area of 3,500+. The Northwoods League in many ways gives the Cape Cod League a big run for their money.

Link: Lacrosse Loggers... http://www.lacrosseloggers.com/

Link: Northwoods League... http://www.northwoodsleague.com/

Chuck Richter
Posted 2012-03-19 6:54 PM (#1566409 - in reply to #1560890)

Hall of Famer

Charles, I finally got Frazier's video Q & A up on our media website.

Check it out here: http://vimeo.com/38804926

You should be proud! Good kid you got there. We wish him nothing but success as a major leaguer and health going forward.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-20 9:22 PM (#1567175 - in reply to #1566409)

Orem Owlz

Thank you for your kind words and wishes...

And, thanks for the link... kind of cool to see him. The Hall family misses him dearly.

I am so happy for Frazier... he is living his dream. As a young child he would have these heart to heart talks with me about playing baseball... and of course as a father all you can do is hope that the fire stay burning. I just hope that when he graduates to fat and old he has some great Angels memories.

I have business in Phoenix next week... so I will get to see him, and I will be bringing him a "care package" of Louisiana spices and whatever else.
lewiss
Posted 2012-03-21 10:28 AM (#1567306 - in reply to #1567175)

Orem Owlz

CT, I check this everyday for your updates on Frazier. Thank you so much for continuing to post on your son as he progresses through the minors. It looks like another great year for him.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-21 10:46 AM (#1567329 - in reply to #1567306)

Orem Owlz

Frazier's Spring Training roommate is an Owlz... Ricky Pacione (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=C&sid=t519&t=p_pbp&pid=607671)

With a name like "Pacione"... you know there has to be some Cajun roots somewhere... but, he is from NY. I guess his ancestors didn’t get the email that the Acadians were going south! Frazier said that Ricky is great roommate and has had a blast living with him.

Both are restricted by budget and no car… so they find cheap and easy things to do on their off time. That’s good because Frazier is in school and all his professors are working with him so he can “distance learn” and get out of school.

I am banking on him being assigned to IE… after I go to Phoenix on business I have to extend my west coast stay for a weekend plus in the LA area. Maybe I will be able to catch Frazier in IE for a day or so…?
pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-21 10:53 AM (#1567333 - in reply to #1560890)

All-Star

Did Frazier say anything about the IE bbq??? I know some of the people that went and I know they always take care of the kids..
Flyinraptr
Posted 2012-03-21 2:39 PM (#1567542 - in reply to #1560890)

Salt Lake Bees

In case you're wondering - it is about a 5.5hr drive from Phoenix to IE. If flying - you'll want to fly into the Ontario (O
NT) airport. The flight is about an hour.
IEBRUIN
Posted 2012-03-21 6:32 PM (#1567764 - in reply to #1560890)

Charles, i realy enjoy these updates. I loved the HBC/HWG comment. ONe of my best friends went to Howard, so he here's the HBC comments all the time.

Also good to hear that he's continuing his studies.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-21 6:52 PM (#1567785 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

No word on the IE BBQ from Frazier... but, if there is food he will be there. He is a poor minor leaguer after all. LOL

I am flying into LAX... and driving to Palm Springs... primarily because in the original planning Frazier's little brother Thomas was going to take a non-stop from New Orleans to LAX... we would go eat a fish taco on the beach... maybe swoop through Anaheim and IE on route to I-10 and Palm Springs... and then take the non-stop back to New Orleans. He now has to stay in town... so I am on my own... which possibly means more golf... if I can engineer it. Now that it is all screwed up... I can only wish for Ontario. LOL

Frazier had the absolute best baseball education by going to Southern University. Southern attracts "athletes" that can play baseball. He had to take a long look in the mirror and make the necessary adjustments. Players like Rickie Weeks and Fred Lewis really encouraged him to make the change... of course his coach Roger Cador's foot up his hind parts helped out too. LOL
IEBRUIN
Posted 2012-03-21 6:57 PM (#1567791 - in reply to #1560890)

Charles, when are you heading out here?
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-22 5:11 AM (#1567997 - in reply to #1567791)

Orem Owlz

My schedule may have got even more complicated... and may have to pass on IE.

I will be in PHX next week and see Frazier then... but, IE is now in question... I may fly out of Palm Springs when I am finished.
pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-22 5:47 AM (#1567999 - in reply to #1560890)

All-Star

Just so you know, CT.. At the fanfest dinner, we were all given tickets to the IE Home Opener. I have a feeling that your son is going to have a HUGE fan club there that night!!
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-22 2:18 PM (#1568302 - in reply to #1567999)

Orem Owlz

Fingers crossed that he is in IE this season... looks like a great league and he wont be on any 18 hour bus rides too.

pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-22 3:14 PM (#1568395 - in reply to #1568302)

All-Star

charlesthall - 2012-03-22 2:18 PM

Fingers crossed that he is in IE this season... looks like a great league and he wont be on any 18 hour bus rides too.

The bus ride up to Northern Cali is bad enough at 9 hours..
Flyinraptr
Posted 2012-03-22 6:55 PM (#1568495 - in reply to #1560890)

Salt Lake Bees

If goes to IE - would love to come out and join the Frazier fan club!
pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-22 8:17 PM (#1568527 - in reply to #1568495)

All-Star

Flyinraptr - 2012-03-22 6:55 PM

If goes to IE - would love to come out and join the Frazier fan club!

Darlene, did you get your free tickets for Opening Day at fanfest??? I'm going then, and maybe we can get a big group, since we all got tickets..
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-22 8:19 PM (#1568528 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

Spoke with Frazier tonight... and he played with CR today... and they played the Giants.... and Brian Wilson was the SP... and Frazier shattered his bat and grounded out. He hoped that Wilson would stay long enough so he could face him a second time... but no such luck. Here is some trivia on Brian Wilson... he is an LSU product... the "beard" is totally a SF thing. LOL

Flyinraptr
Posted 2012-03-23 11:52 AM (#1568806 - in reply to #1560890)

Salt Lake Bees

@Patti - i'll let her know - pretty sure she got a bunch of tix.
charlesthall
Posted 2012-03-24 10:05 PM (#1569490 - in reply to #1560890)

Orem Owlz

It looks like Frazier will start out in Cedar Rapids... which is my best guess.
pattimelt
Posted 2012-03-25 7:37 AM (#1569533 - in reply to #1569490)

All-Star

charlesthall - 2012-03-24 10:05 PM

It looks like Frazier will start out in Cedar Rapids... which is my best guess.

Then let's hope he won't be there long..
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Angelswin.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)