AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
Search | Home | Chat | Blog | Store | Interviews | History Forums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: They called and asked if I'd be interested in doing it, and it so happened that it was my favorite show. I was excited . . . Every year I get a (residual) check for like $4 . . . I cash 'em. I don't want to mess up their accounting department.- Mike Scioscia on his appearance on The Simpson's Show
- (Added by: Chonito)

Eddie Bane's note to the Angels fans and AngelsWin.com community
Moderators: tomsred, Adam, IEBRUIN, Bruce Nye, Kurt Swanson, Blarg, mancini79

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   AngelsWin -> Los Angeles Angels DailyMessage format

Chuck Richter
Posted 2010-10-25 10:54 PM (#1070752)
Subject: Eddie Bane's note to the Angels fans and AngelsWin.com community

Hall of Famer

Eddie Bane looks forward to next adventure

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school-sports/files/2010/07/Eddie2-200x300.jpg

I sent Eddie Bane a note congratulating him on his new job shortly after I head he was hired by the Detroit Tigers and thanked him again for all that he's provided for all the Angels' fans on the net for the last 5 years at AngelsWin.com.

This was Eddie's response to me, the Angels fans on the net and members and contributors of AngelsWin.com.

Chuck. Thanks so much for the kind words and I hope you can convey to all the Angels fans my sincere appreciation for the wonderful hospitality they showed me for the past 7 drafts. God has a plan for all of us and it is up to us to follow that plan. I love the game of baseball as I found that all of your loyal readers do also and I am looking forward to my next adventure in the game.

Good luck to you and all the people that are involved with your site, both readers and workers.

Regards,
Eddie Bane

Eddie was able to scout and lure the Angels' top slugger Kendry Morales and draft and sign the Halos best starting pitcher in Jered Weaver. Among other notable youngsters that could have a significant impact with the Angels from Bane's drafts are the likes of Hank Conger, Peter Bourjos, Mark Trumbo, Jordan Walden, Tyler Chatwood, Garrett Richards, Mike Trout, Randal Grichuk, Michael Kohn, Trevor Reckling, Daniel Tillman, Kaleb Cowart and through international scouting Jean Segura and Alexi Amarista to name a few. You can also throw in Pat Corbin and Tyler Skaggs who netted the Angels Dan Haren before the trade deadline in 2010.

Eddie also drafted Nick Adenhart who had all the makings of being a start pitcher in the big leagues until he was tragically killed by a drunk driver in April of 2009.

Eddie Bane's last live chat at AngelsWin.com as the scouting director of the Angels was on August 31st, and can be read here -- as well as all of the rest of Bane's chats with us which are archived here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VictoriousGhost
Posted 2010-10-25 10:59 PM (#1070756 - in reply to #1070752)
Subject: Re: Eddie Bane's note to the Angels fans and AngelsWin.com community

Hall of Fame

I have been out of the loop so long, the first I read about Bane's firing was yesterday. I was shocked. Unfortunately, it seems that whether it's business or baseball, a bad year or season is almost always accompanied by a sacrificial lamb or two. I say that without knowing all the details, but just going off appearances.....

I'm sure he'll find success wherever he goes and the Tigers sure didn't wait to snatch him up. Good luck to him.....
mancini79
Posted 2010-10-25 11:01 PM (#1070759 - in reply to #1070752)

Hall of Fame

I would like to thank Eddie for giving us a glimpse of scouting for the Angels. His interviews were very informative and he was eager to answer all of our questions. There is no doubt that he will be missed by the Angels community. I wish Eddie the best in Detroit, but too much!
~MMP~
Posted 2010-10-25 11:07 PM (#1070760 - in reply to #1070752)

Hall of Fame

I really enjoyed Eddie's chats, that's something that I don't think many scouting directors would make the time to do.

I wish Eddie the best of luck in Detroit.
Angel Oracle
Posted 2010-10-26 6:48 AM (#1070810 - in reply to #1070760)

Hall of Fame

Good luck Eddie, and thank you for your hard work for the org and time taken on here.
Long Reliever
Posted 2010-10-26 7:22 AM (#1070813 - in reply to #1070752)

Salt Lake Bees

Whatever else you say good or bad, the man loved baseball and treated us fans well. It was cool to hear about some prospects who I might not have heard about.
Adam
Posted 2010-10-26 8:50 AM (#1070856 - in reply to #1070752)

Hall of Fame

Dude does not wear a suit well
Tyler
Posted 2010-10-26 8:55 AM (#1070861 - in reply to #1070856)

Hall of Fame

Thanks so much Eddie if you're reading this. You were a great sport in helping Angels fans get an inside look into the thoughts of the Angels organization as well as sharing your highly valued opinion. Thanks for taking so much of your time to answer a ton of questions from us fans. I know personally that I asked at least around 40 to 50 questions over the years and you answered damn near every one of them. Thank you so much, and hopefully your replacement is kind enough to share the info with us as well.

Good luck and save some of those sleepers for whoever drafts for the Angels now!
Chuck Richter
Posted 2010-10-26 9:28 AM (#1070915 - in reply to #1070861)

Hall of Famer

Tyler - 2010-10-26 8:55 AM

Thanks so much Eddie if you're reading this. You were a great sport in helping Angels fans get an inside look into the thoughts of the Angels organization as well as sharing your highly valued opinion. Thanks for taking so much of your time to answer a ton of questions from us fans. I know personally that I asked at least around 40 to 50 questions over the years and you answered damn near every one of them. Thank you so much, and hopefully your replacement is kind enough to share the info with us as well.

Good luck and save some of those sleepers for whoever drafts for the Angels now!

Thanks for the note, Tyler. I will direct Eddie to this thread tomorrow so if anyone else has anything to say about Bane's efforts to this community and website as well as for all the Angels fans on the net who read or followed his live chats with us, now's the time.
Long Reliever
Posted 2010-10-26 10:09 AM (#1070972 - in reply to #1070856)

Salt Lake Bees

Adam - 2010-10-26 10:50 AM

Dude does not wear a suit well

In this case (and I don't know him) I think its a compliment! Who wears a suit to a ball game?
Halo25Power
Posted 2010-10-26 11:11 AM (#1071065 - in reply to #1070752)

Orem Owlz

Thank you Eddie for your time to supply us fans with so much information on the farm and the draft.
Halo Hero
Posted 2010-10-26 11:16 AM (#1071072 - in reply to #1070752)

Eddie Spaghetti! Thanks for everything hombre
Soto Speaks
Posted 2010-10-26 3:32 PM (#1071428 - in reply to #1070752)

classy guy. Wish him the best luck in Detroit.
Bruce Nye
Posted 2010-10-26 3:38 PM (#1071438 - in reply to #1070752)

Eddie, best wishes with the Tigers. And I echo what everyone says here - thanks so much,

P.S. Adam is a jerk
bruinman74
Posted 2010-10-26 3:38 PM (#1071439 - in reply to #1070752)

Hall of Fame

Thanks Eddie for being candid and sharing your insights with us the fans. It opened up the world of scouting/drafting to us and helped us appreciate the younger players better.
Dave Saltzer
Posted 2010-10-26 10:21 PM (#1071802 - in reply to #1070752)
Subject: RE: Eddie Bane's note to the Angels fans and AngelsWin.com community

All-Star

Eddie,

If you're reading this, thanks for taking the time to speak with all of the Angels fans here and answering our questions. You are a class act for the fans and a wealth of information. You did a great job educating us about the Minor League system and draft and how things operate from the inside. I appreciate that you never shied away from the tough questions or failed to give an opinion.

Good luck in your new job. I hope that you can stay in touch with us and give us updates about your new organization and some insights about Angels players from an outside perspective. Thanks for all your efforts over the years to make some superb drafts and for providing the team with the talent to fuel our next generation of players.

Dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Angelswin.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)