AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
Search | Home | Chat | Blog | Store | Interviews | History Forums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I made the post, thought about it, got attacked and apologized. I'm probably a better person than you in every humanly way possible. It's not like I said I was happy he got hurt, it was just a stupid use of words." -HalosofAnaheim
- (Added by: nato2k)

Angels milking us on the ASG related tickets.
Moderators: tomsred, Adam, IEBRUIN, Bruce Nye, Kurt Swanson, Blarg, mancini79

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   AngelsWin -> Los Angeles Angels DailyMessage format

Rochambeau
Posted 2010-03-16 4:38 PM (#796975)
Subject: Angels milking us on the ASG related tickets.

Big League Angels

Sorry if this is a Craig, I scanned for it but don't find it.

So, for the honor of shelling out World Series prices for the ASG, the Angels and MLB are is forcing SSHs to buy (in addition to the ASG ticket):

1)  Home Run Derby (at ALCS prices) and

2) All Star Sunday (at ALDS prices) AND

3)  TWO Fan Fest tickets per each ASG ticket.

So, essentially, if we wish to get our regular seats for the ASG, gotta pay ALCS prices to watch glorified batting practice, playoff prices to watch a celebrity softball game and a minor league game and heaven knows how much TIMES TWO to go to the 'fan fest'.  By doing it this way, they manage to get the price up to over $1,000 for many of the seats in the infield.  Obviously, they only do this because they know those other events would have spotty attendance at best.

I love the Angels and love having Arte as an owner, but daaaaaamn Bud Selig sucks!

Thus endeth the venting.

Edited by Rochambeau 2010-03-16 4:57 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Steve
Posted 2010-03-16 4:41 PM (#796977 - in reply to #796975)
Subject: Re: Angels milking us on the ASG related tickets.

All-Star

Ticket sales for ASG are organized by MLB. Arte has no say in the matter.
Chuck Richter
Posted 2010-03-16 4:49 PM (#796980 - in reply to #796975)
Subject: RE: Angels milking us on the ASG related tickets.

Hall of Famer

Steve is correct. No press passes for AngelsWin.com during the ASG either because of the same reasons.

pattimelt
Posted 2010-03-16 4:56 PM (#796985 - in reply to #796975)

All-Star

But at least those of us that HAVE season seats get to decide whether we want to spend the money or not on all the hoopla surrounding the All-Star game. I figure my ONE ticket in the left field pavilion will cost me $300 for the whole week. That's $30x2 for the Fanfest, $25 for the Sunday crap (if it goes by first round ALDS pricing), $50 for the Home Run Derby(again, ALCS pricing) and $150 for the actual All-Star game itself.

BUT... If I go by what a single ticket is going for to the general public just for the Sunday stuff (it MUST be purchased as a package, Fanfest x1 and ticket for Sunday x1), that's $30 for fanfest and $45 for Sunday crap. Which will bring the cost of just those 3 events to almost HALF what I paid for my entire season!!!!!! MLB must not realize what the AVERAGE person is gonna spend on those tickets. We aren't talking about the ones that can afford to scalp tickets and sit in the pricey seats around the bases, either.. I'm out in the darn left field section, probably as far away from home plate as you can get (that's what binoculars are for), and for the regular games, I'm good out there. I actually PREFER to sit out there, as it's a straight shot to home plate from my seat, and there's no one blocking my view, unlike field seats outside the bases where you either have people walking down the aisle constantly, and even then, you have to kinda sit funny to face the plate.. But again, it's a whole lot of cash for 3 games..
pattimelt
Posted 2010-03-16 4:57 PM (#796987 - in reply to #796980)
Subject: RE: Angels milking us on the ASG related tickets.

All-Star

Chuck - 2010-03-16 4:49 PM

Steve is correct. No press passes for AngelsWin.com during the ASG either because of the same reasons.

But I'm sure that someone from here that is going to the game would be willing to blog from their seat wherever it is, for those of us that won't be there in person....
Rochambeau
Posted 2010-03-16 4:58 PM (#796988 - in reply to #796975)

Big League Angels

Good point Steve... Fixed the orginal post. ;-)
Brian Ilten
Posted 2010-03-16 5:05 PM (#796989 - in reply to #796975)

Hall of Fame

And this surprises you??? This is old news.... the situation was the same for St. Louis fans last year.

In fact this is damn near a craig.
Halo
Posted 2010-03-16 5:17 PM (#796992 - in reply to #796975)

They are in high demand. They could charge a heck of a lot more than they do. Resale tickets will go for 4x what season ticket holders buy them for. Like Patti said, $300 for all that isn't a bad deal. Not something every joe schmoe can their entire extended family to.... but not bad.
mancini79
Posted 2010-03-16 9:41 PM (#797154 - in reply to #796975)

Hall of Fame

MLB owns everything about the ASG. From ASG apparel to all ticketed events. The Angels have handed over the stadium to MLB control for a couple days. What the Angels get out of it is exposure and concession/parking revenue. I'm sure they are getting some rent money too.
Wallerrrr
Posted 2010-03-16 9:44 PM (#797156 - in reply to #796975)

Hall of Fame

if you are upset i hear the Dodgers have some outstanding packages available...lol.

Edited by halokeeper 2010-03-17 8:58 AM
SoCalSportsFan
Posted 2010-03-17 8:53 AM (#797297 - in reply to #796985)

All-Star

pattimelt - 2010-03-16 4:56 PM But at least those of us that HAVE season seats get to decide whether we want to spend the money or not on all the hoopla surrounding the All-Star game. I figure my ONE ticket in the left field pavilion will cost me $300 for the whole week. That's $30x2 for the Fanfest, $25 for the Sunday crap (if it goes by first round ALDS pricing), $50 for the Home Run Derby(again, ALCS pricing) and $150 for the actual All-Star game itself. BUT... If I go by what a single ticket is going for to the general public just for the Sunday stuff (it MUST be purchased as a package, Fanfest x1 and ticket for Sunday x1), that's $30 for fanfest and $45 for Sunday crap. Which will bring the cost of just those 3 events to almost HALF what I paid for my entire season!!!!!! MLB must not realize what the AVERAGE person is gonna spend on those tickets. We aren't talking about the ones that can afford to scalp tickets and sit in the pricey seats around the bases, either.. I'm out in the darn left field section, probably as far away from home plate as you can get (that's what binoculars are for), and for the regular games, I'm good out there. I actually PREFER to sit out there, as it's a straight shot to home plate from my seat, and there's no one blocking my view, unlike field seats outside the bases where you either have people walking down the aisle constantly, and even then, you have to kinda sit funny to face the plate.. But again, it's a whole lot of cash for 3 games..

LF Pavilion will actually be "hot" ticket for the HR Derby.  ALL the ASG event tickets will be a "hot" ticket due to the economic laws of "supply and demand".  I already have more solid (and money backed) offers for every available ticket that I have for all the ASG events. Now it's just waiting time on the MLB (the Angels) to send out the invoices to find out my cost on the tickets.

There already are some "bargains" for the quality of tickets listed on StubHub, but those won't last too much longer.  People are already purchasing ASG tickets on StubHub and the tickets that underpriced for their location are already starting to disappear.  There are seats on the Field Level that are about 67% of what their "Fair Market Value" should be. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Angelswin.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)